Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well he's smart enough to have never been sent off before. In his entire 10 year career.
Even his most severe critics (who seem to all be on here) would conclude that it was a harsh decision.

Doubt it! The mood today among them suggests they wouldn't have turned a hair if he'd been summarily executed on the touchline rather than just red-carded!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All those anti Sam Baldock get their wish against Brentford as he wont be included.

Not so much 'anti Sam Baldock' as 'pro Top 2 Finish'. It's nothing personal, would be equally anti any 'striker' who consistently failed to produce the goods over a reasonable amount of games. Why would you NOT be? ???

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Will Tuesday's Football League Trophy game get the suspension out of the way?

Are we not allowed a certain number of over aged players in the squad? Also it is a Football League tournament.

For us it's an Academy under 21 game.
Not a first team game.
Therefore he could play as an over age player.
Ban is for Brentford game.

theboybilly

There was no incident on the keeper. The keeper kicked Baldock as he was running in. The first booking was soft.

So the 'keeper cleared the ball and thought ' while my leg's following through I'll take out Baldock'. It was a booking all day long. Sam knew it and tried, briefly, to act hurt. The only way Sam was coming away with that ball was if the keeper left it for him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It was 2 years ago today, that Sam signed for the Albion. In truth even his most fervent fans I suspect would have expected more goals, assists & first team starts - let's hope that if he is in the starting team today, he takes his opportunity to kick on. :clap2::albion2:

I agree> very disappointed at his lack of pace in the last two seasons.

This season he seems to have got that extra yard of pace and I now see why we bought him.

Now he has just got a bit of work to do on his shooting. I am getting more convinced by him.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I agree> very disappointed at his lack of pace in the last two seasons.

This season he seems to have got that extra yard of pace and I now see why we bought him.

Now he has just got a bit of work to do on his shooting. I am getting more convinced by him.

Really want him to do well and have been defending him for a long time but he was absolutely crap yesterday. Apart from one shot in the first half he did nothing. Saying that I thought Murray was poor apart from winning flick on's he didn't look interested. Hemed was awful too although in his defence we were down to ten men with Newcastle just passing it round at the back.

We should all be able to agree however that we need a quick and strong CF that can dominate a defence. Just being quick means little if you get nudged off the ball every time. On Baldock and Hemed's displays so far I would give Manu a chance in the league. I am not sure he is up to it but i know Baldock and Hemed are very average so am willing to give him half a chance

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really want him to do well and have been defending him for a long time but he was absolutely crap yesterday. Apart from one shot in the first half he did nothing. Saying that I thought Murray was poor apart from winning flick on's he didn't look interested. Hemed was awful too although in his defence we were down to ten men with Newcastle just passing it round at the back.

We should all be able to agree however that we need a quick and strong CF that can dominate a defence. Just being quick means little if you get nudged off the ball every time. On Baldock and Hemed's displays so far I would give Manu a chance in the league. I am not sure he is up to it but i know Baldock and Hemed are very average so am willing to give him half a chance
Wonder how this board would be reacting if Baldock's very nearly successful attempt on the Crossbar Challenge at the start of the second half had come off? It very, very nearly did!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Wonder how this board would be reacting if Baldock's very nearly successful attempt on the Crossbar Challenge at the start of the second half had come off? It very, very nearly did!

They would probably be saying that's half his goals tally done for the season.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Was very ordinary yesterday, as he is in too many games for me. Reckless challenge being on a yellow, especially when the ref was a bit card happy, had already booked 4 of their players in a game that wasn't dirty at all, certainly wasn't going to let him get away with that. Silly soft first yellow as well, not even in our half.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So the 'keeper cleared the ball and thought ' while my leg's following through I'll take out Baldock'. It was a booking all day long. Sam knew it and tried, briefly, to act hurt. The only way Sam was coming away with that ball was if the keeper left it for him.

sam would have ben better off making an honest attempt at the ball on the ground rather than clattering the keeper . i think that game has showed what we are lacking , although we weren't outclassed i think the scoreline was a tadd flattering to us......a lot of the lads didn't look "up for it" muzz had a couple of chances that perhaps he would have buried on another day......Newcastle have reacted to their win by bringing in Murphy from ipswich +1 other ....Derby have snapped up Vydra......wonder if a penthouse at the marina would tempt suarez for the season.......?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Like CMS his level is league one. Sorry but it is. Sadly CH made a mistake im picking him over 17 goal Hemed and FFS record speaks for itself.

The only thing keeping Sam here is we dont have that other striker but seriously we need to get rid.

He also disappeared against Boro and Weds away and home legs.

He really really cant cut it at top end championship. Sorry.

I expect when he scores another of his four goals this season this will get bounced...and the idiots on here will go hahaha he scored, but then it will go quiet until he scores his fourth in Jan...but he is a striker and thus expected to score goals. Which he doesnt. FFS has scored almost as many for the the Albion as Baldock did in the whole of last season. But hey he runs around alot.

As for the sending off. Good. Means he isnt selected. Done CH a favour. The Toon were bamg average and im annoyed at the performance and team selection still. I dont mind getting beaten by a better team but I do get annoyed at our own idiocy, giving the ball away, bottling challenges and stupid ****ing team selections.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Like CMS his level is league one. Sorry but it is. Sadly CH made a mistake im picking him over 17 goal Hemed and FFS record speaks for itself.

The only thing keeping Sam here is we dont have that other striker but seriously we need to get rid.

I expect when he scores another of his four goals this season this will get bounced...and the idiots on here will go hahaha he scored, but then it will go quiet until he scores his fourth in Jan...but he is a striker and thus expected to score goals. Which he doesnt. FFS has scored almost as many for the the Albion as Baldock did in the whole of last season. But hey he runs around alot.

As for the sending off. Good. Means he isnt selected. Done CH a favour. The Toon were bamg average and im annoyed at the performance and team selection still. I dont mind getting beaten by a better team but I do get annoyed at our own idiocy, giving the ball away, bottling challenges and stupid ****ing team selections.

Spot on, Baldock has had 2 very ordinary seasons and imo was poor enough in the Sami era that showed he wasn't upto it, CH has given him ample opportunities but he's failed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hemed & Murray clearly can't play together.
They have tackled each other more times than they've passed to each other.

I don't think CH had a choice in starting Baldock.
If we were one of 'those' clubs I'd say it was a power move, like not picking a full bench, saying 'this is all I have to work with', fortunately that ain't us.

Assuming the big transfer happens, a considerably better Baldock arrives and SB's role changes to impact sub, I think he instantly becomes a better player.

Last edited:

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Hemed & Murray clearly can't play together.
They have tackled each other more times than they've passed to each other.

I don't think CH had a choice in starting Baldock.
If we were one of 'those' clubs I'd say it was a power move, like not picking a full bench, saying 'this is all I have to work with', fortunately that ain't us.

Assuming the big transfer happens, a considerably better Baldock arrives, and SB's role changes to impact sub, I think he instantly becomes a better player.

Personally I would have started Norwood and played 3 in the middle. Reduce that to 2 later on if we can get something for the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here