Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(OT) anyone got a property in Spain ?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Cheeky is being kind!
Standing charges for electric and water have rocketed,while costs for usage have dropped.
This again is so that people with second homes in Spain get utility bills little different to those living here.
I look after a neighbours house,and even though they are here for only around six weeks of the year,their bills compared to ours are not drastically different.
Also consider TV,internet,telephone etc.

Nov 27, 2009
Think it's near camposol, what's wrong with that place?

Local expats in Bolnuevo, El Saladillo, old Mazarron and the port call it the biggest council estate in Europe.
It's full of council house northeners, who think they have made it big. Sector A is passable, on one side of the new dual carriageway, but sectors B, C, D are either ghost towns, the latter, with villas all empty, or in sector B's case full of pubs that crack cocaine dealers wouldn't touch.
Bolnuevo has a nice beach, running parallel to the road. It could be cleaner though, big problem with dogs mess

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Local expats in Bolnuevo, El Saladillo, old Mazarron and the port call it the biggest council estate in Europe.
It's full of council house northeners, who think they have made it big. Sector A is passable, on one side of the new dual carriageway, but sectors B, C, D are either ghost towns, the latter, with villas all empty, or in sector B's case full of pubs that crack cocaine dealers wouldn't touch.
Bolnuevo has a nice beach, running parallel to the road. It could be cleaner though, big problem with dogs mess

Interesting, the villa I'm interested is in El Saladillo so not too bad then

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
That would be snobby ex pats.
Council estate?
No benefits in Spain unless you earn them.That's why the hoardes are queueing at Calais to get into Britain.

It has had some bad press but certainly not a Toxteth,Moss side or even a Whitehawk or Moulscoomb.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
You¡ll have a great time out here.
I'm about 45 minutes North.
More Albion than you would think out here.
If you are over and fancy a beer give us a shout.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

If I'm happy with everything once I've gone thru everything then I'll put deposit down on Monday
Definitely meet up though over there, be great to have a beer with a fellow Albion fan

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

If everything works out I'll be putting down the deposit on Monday
Definitely meet up though, be great to have a few beers with a fellow Albion fan

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 256

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Must say if you've got cash Spain does make a lot of sense now. The market is bombed out as is the Euro, how much more downside can there be?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Think it's near camposol, what's wrong with that place?

Rather depends what you're looking for.

Too much a 'Brits abroad' ghetto for my liking. And very little character. I prefer to meet at least a few locals and try their food when on holiday. You won't find any Spanish in Camposol.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Rather depends what you're looking for.

Too much a 'Brits abroad' ghetto for my liking. And very little character. I prefer to meet at least a few locals and try their food when on holiday. You won't find any Spanish in Camposol.

Thanks sully, it's in El Saladillo so not camposol, a nice mixture of people hopefully but I'll definitely chat to some residents there and see what they say

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks sully, it's in El Saladillo so not camposol, a nice mixture of people hopefully but I'll definitely chat to some residents there and see what they say

Interesting stuff and good luck. You couldn't get a one bed flat in Fishersgate for that sort of money at the moment. Are you hoping for a certain amount of revenue through letting? Must admit, prices and weather make it an attractive lifestyle option.

As an aside I'm just finishing J.G. Ballard's 'Cocaine Nights', well worth a read as its based in a fictional ex-pat enclave on the Costa Del Sol, and its a bloody good book.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Interesting stuff and good luck. You couldn't get a one bed flat in Fishersgate for that sort of money at the moment. Are you hoping for a certain amount of revenue through letting? Must admit, prices and weather make it an attractive lifestyle option.

As an aside I'm just finishing J.G. Ballard's 'Cocaine Nights', well worth a read as its based in a fictional ex-pat enclave on the Costa Del Sol, and its a bloody good book.

We'll only be letting it to family and close friends so not looking to make much revenue, certainly family won't be asked for any money and close friends probably just ask them to chip in for bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here