Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] WBA and Belgium International Sebastien Pocognoci linked with Albion

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And Murphy is just too negative for me. Every time he picked the ball up, it was a sideways or backward pass, and he wasn't running into the space behind the defenders for the through ball. He just seemed to stop and wait. At least March gets at them.

Couldn't disagree more. Murphy picks up the ball, and runs at defenders, which frightens the life out of them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've been looking out for info on Bong. The way he went down on Saturday, and the amount of time it took to access him and then stretcher him off, you just knew it wasn't a short term injury. But the club haven't released anything that I have found so far to confirm either way.
It's a shame, because I think he has started to really shine since Kaz got his injury. Don't get me wrong, I want Kaz back and playing, but there were times I feel he stopped Bong doing his thing. And Murphy is just too negative for me. Every time he picked the ball up, it was a sideways or backward pass, and he wasn't running into the space behind the defenders for the through ball. He just seemed to stop and wait. At least March gets at them.

I read that he's had a scan and the club are awaiting the results. It's possible that there's too much swelling around the knee to get a complete diagnosis yet.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And Murphy is just too negative for me. Every time he picked the ball up, it was a sideways or backward pass, and he wasn't running into the space behind the defenders for the through ball. He just seemed to stop and wait. At least March gets at them.

There were a few people around me who seemed to expect him to use pace to go outside of his man every time he got the ball. I thought it was abundantly clear that that isn't his game. He cuts inside and powers through (quite slowly at times, the run for one of the free kicks was almost comically slow). His way of playing was one of the main reasons both their centrebacks were booked.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No one on the Wing

Couldn't disagree more. Murphy picks up the ball, and runs at defenders, which frightens the life out of them.

That's the problem, running around defenders would be better instead of running into them. At least he doesn't have a problem slowing down.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's the problem, running around defenders would be better instead of running into them. At least he doesn't have a problem slowing down.

I grant you he does both (rather than just the latter, which you claim), but running into them can sometimes have positive effects too, as [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] indicates.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
We are a much better proposition than we were a year ago so I expect that managers will be more willing to let players come here on loan. I'm expecting a high calibre player to come in whether or not we (NSC) know much about him. Our player recruitment has been excellent of late so am actually looking forward to see what happens.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There were a few people around me who seemed to expect him to use pace to go outside of his man every time he got the ball. I thought it was abundantly clear that that isn't his game. He cuts inside and powers through (quite slowly at times, the run for one of the free kicks was almost comically slow). His way of playing was one of the main reasons both their centrebacks were booked.

I'm still unsure as to how to assess Murphy's speed. The one thing I have noticed is that he seems to be easily knocked off balance, which leads to a protracted stumble and eventual fall. This is in contrast to March, whose balance for me looks great, and looks especially threatening when in flight/motion.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I like Murphy, I think he carries the ball at a decent pace, has good delivery and offers a strong goal threat.

Decent buy for the money.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
S
I like Murphy, I think he carries the ball at a decent pace, has good delivery and offers a strong goal threat.

Decent buy for the money.

Certainly provided our main goal threat on Saturday.
Good close control, which he has, doesn't require pace.
I would back him to both create and to score goals once he settles into the team.

On the subject of Pocognoli the Birmingham Mail suggest he wants to come so guess it's down to Pulis

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doesn't say anything there about the reason why we are after him at the moment, could be anything from a short-term loan deal to one lasting the end of the season which gets extended in January.

With Rosenior available in the short term there is no point in a 1 month loan must be a minimum 93 days to be worthwhile.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
With Rosenior available in the short term there is no point in a 1 month loan must be a minimum 93 days to be worthwhile.

Even if it was agreed as a 93 day loan (the maximum it can be in the loan window) the parent club still have the right to recall after 28 days. That's why most loans are announced as 28 days to start with and if it's a good fit for both clubs and the player extended from there.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Doesn't say anything there about the reason why we are after him at the moment, could be anything from a short-term loan deal to one lasting the end of the season which gets extended in January.

Forgotten full-back Sebastien Pocognoli is understood to be keen on a move away from West Bromwich Albion with Championship leaders Brighton willing to take him on loan.

Doesn't sound like he'd be missed :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here