Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Two short term loans?
And people think the clouds are lifting over the Amex?
1 keeper
1 winger
Sami doesn't play wingers

Can't see what people are getting excited about
It's like sticking a band aid over a gaping wound

Al HABSI can't play against Wigan on Tuesday
BENNET can't play against Norwich our next away game

Need strikers
Need Sami out
Then I'll be excited

Ah the instant panacea of sacking the manager..................while we r at it this bias towards needing strikers..howabout the midfield chipping in with some goals.that would be novel.....need midfield goal scorers? Hmm...EB can score cant he?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
So Elliot Bennett whose not even been sitting on the bench for Norwich so must be a bit rusty and would struggle to complete for 90 mins is gonna get us 9 points, HANSY KRAY I like your enthusiasm

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Ah the instant panacea of sacking the manager..................while we r at it this bias towards needing strikers..howabout the midfield chipping in with some goals.that would be novel.....need midfield goal scorers? Hmm...EB can score cant he?

Yep looking forward to seeing Elliot Bennett running down the wing beating 3 players putting in a peach of a cross for OGRADY to fall on his arse BALDOCK to miss kick it then COLUNGA to smash it over the bar at the back post from 2 yards out

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm always a little cautious when someone comes back. Makes me think of Adams mark II and Seb Carole's returns.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Bennett only has 20 months left on his contract at Norwich. If he's not part of their plans then January is the sort of time when they'd be looking to sell if they want to break even or make a profit on him. He would; in theory, fit perfectly in to Hyypia's style of play as he's able to defend well, but as we know is absolutely dynamite going forward. As much as I love Calderon, this is a role he isn't really up to.

Maybe Bloom and Hyypia met due to recent poor results. Hyypia cited that he didn't have the players available to play how he wants, and a rushed summer transfer window hasn't helped him strengthen correctly. Bloom has then pushed through deals for players the management feels we need. - A 'keeper who's good with the ball at his feet, a wing back who's excellent going forward and a target man (still to come, Danny Graham?). Signing them for a month essentially gives Hyypia 4/5 games to turn things around before he's gone and the loanees who fit his style aren't left clogging up the wage bill.

On top of fitting our style of play, Bennett also offers some real quality from set pieces, something Holla and Caskey; for all their hype, have been unable to do. He'll also help Hyypia out massively when we have a fully fit squad. Bruno playing CM, covering for EB when we attack COULD actually work. It has the potential to be much more fluid than Calderon/Bruno or Bruno/Gardener. Having Bruno in the centre would then allow Caskey to play in his more natural position, as a more attacking midfielder, with Kaz dropping to the bench to be used as an impact sub.

A lot of the above was educated guesswork BUT I feel that this will be the turning point, or the final nail in the coffin for SH. We shall see

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Should we expect him to be, none of our existing midfielders are let alone our strikers? Bennett, IMO, would be the man to link the midfield to the forwards.

point taken
always liked him
but we still need a goal scorer now

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Bennett only has 20 months left on his contract at Norwich. If he's not part of their plans then January is the sort of time when they'd be looking to sell if they want to break even or make a profit on him. He would; in theory, fit perfectly in to Hyypia's style of play as he's able to defend well, but as we know is absolutely dynamite going forward. As much as I love Calderon, this is a role he isn't really up to.

Maybe Bloom and Hyypia met due to recent poor results. Hyypia cited that he didn't have the players available to play how he wants, and a rushed summer transfer window hasn't helped him strengthen correctly. Bloom has then pushed through deals for players the management feels we need. - A 'keeper who's good with the ball at his feet, a wing back who's excellent going forward and a target man (still to come, Danny Graham?). Signing them for a month essentially gives Hyypia 4/5 games to turn things around before he's gone and the loanees who fit his style aren't left clogging up the wage bill.

On top of fitting our style of play, Bennett also offers some real quality from set pieces, something Holla and Caskey; for all their hype, have been unable to do. He'll also help Hyypia out massively when we have a fully fit squad. Bruno playing CM, covering for EB when we attack COULD actually work. It has the potential to be much more fluid than Calderon/Bruno or Bruno/Gardener. Having Bruno in the centre would then allow Caskey to play in his more natural position, as a more attacking midfielder, with Kaz dropping to the bench to be used as an impact sub.

A lot of the above was educated guesswork BUT I feel that this will be the turning point, or the final nail in the coffin for SH. We shall see

I agree with a lot of this, but not the "Holla hasn't offered anything from set pieces" bit. JFC is still largely ineffective from corners but our centre back is our top scorer and they've all come from corners or wide free kicks - IMO Holla has finally made us a threat from corners. That said, I agree that EB is still an upgrade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here