Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Stoke Manager - Paul Lambert

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Hes picked stephen ireland ahead of charlie austin

Is this inspired? Time will tell

He is in the stands tonight, he hasn’t taken charge yet, so wouldn’t have picked the team.
I don’t think he wanted to begin his reign with defeat. He should have waited until August.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]952998003387879424[/tweet]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That was some goal by Martial

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Stoke looked pretty good I think. Shaqiri, Crouch, Allen, Shawcross, Butland, Indi, that new right back. All look good players. Will finish above us unless we get some players in/get some belief.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stoke looked pretty good I think. Shaqiri, Crouch, Allen, Shawcross, Butland, Indi, that new right back. All look good players. Will finish above us unless we get some players in/get some belief.
Yes - they are not the ones I fancy to go down either.

Swansea, West Brom, Huddersfield, Newcastle and us are more likely.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Yes - they are not the ones I fancy to go down either.

Swansea, West Brom, Huddersfield, Newcastle and us are more likely.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree. Lets hope the Newcastle takeover drags on and they don't sign anyone upsetting Benitez. West Brom will fancy catching us after Saturday. I feel if we finish above Huddersfield we'll stay up making our pathetic performance at theirs all the much harder to stomach.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
CH's strategy of keeping Goal Diff to a minimum may yet pay off at the end of the season. It looks to me that there will be a bunch of teams competing to the end for 15th, 16th and 17th place and GD may be crucial. Stoke have already conceded 50 goals this season and their GD is awful, as is Hudders and Swansea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH's strategy of keeping Goal Diff to a minimum may yet pay off at the end of the season. It looks to me that there will be a bunch of teams competing to the end for 15th, 16th and 17th place and GD may be crucial. Stoke have already conceded 50 goals this season and their GD is awful, as is Hudders and Swansea.

that may be so but I would sooner have a point at least cushion

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I think that’s why, while the rest of us are impatient and increasingly want the team to have more of a go, Hughton might think it’s important to focus even MORE on defence and cut out the cheap goals conceded.

It feels frustrating and wrong but rationally makes sense as we’re unlikely to pick up any points at all unless we start keeping some clean sheets. Certainly if we only have our current squad to play with.

I’d still love to see us pile more players forward in the final third of the season - but maybe it’s not the best approach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here