Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Rome Unpacked - BBC2 - 21:00 Tonight

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like these two presenters - Giorgio Locatelli and Andrew Graham-Dixon one a cook and the other an art historian.

They explore Rome, Italy's iconic capital on mopeds in a two part series starting tonight.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I like these two presenters - Giorgio Locatelli and Andrew Graham-Dixon one a cook and the other an art historian.

They explore Rome, Italy's iconic capital on mopeds in a two part series starting tonight.

It's a sumptuous show. Loved that Caravaggio.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's a sumptuous show. Loved that Caravaggio.

Truely fabulous cannot wait till next week, Graham-Dixon is very good on art and really explains it very well

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
Wonderful. You can feel the passion oozing out oh the telly and that pasta carbonara.........my mouth was watering.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes also a fan. Giorgio Locatelli used to have a programme on UK Food years ago. Wish he would do a cooking programme, not that half baked Great British Bake Off replacement.

I know it a bit formulaic but I did enjoy the recent Rick Stein thing round Mexico.

Jan 30, 2008

do they grab unsuspecting tourists bags and ride off like real Romans do, as they say when in Rome ?
regards
DR

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
do they grab unsuspecting tourists bags and ride off like real Romans do, as they say when in Rome ?
regards
DR

Always one **** that has something dum to say

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I dear I am going to Rome soon and now my wife seen the programme I might need to add a couple of extra days to my trip.
So much to see brillant programme.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Part two coming up

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant stuff. It doesn’t matter how many times I’ve been to Rome I always find something new to marvel at.

Grubs not bad either.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I wish we'd watched this before we went last year. Oh well, we'll just have to go back. Really want to see that church they started at this evening.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Planning a trip in February looking for advice the best way to get around Rome and visit the sites don't think I could manage a scooter.
Also best ways to avoid queueing.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Planning a trip in February looking for advice the best way to get around Rome and visit the sites don't think I could manage a scooter.

When me and the Mrs went we walked everywhere in Rome but depends on how fit you are. It's a great way of finding hidden gems which you would miss via taxi or train.
Most places have a fast track ticket to get in but it seems everyone buys these

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

If you are fit then walk. The main sights are closer together than you’d imagine. So much to see on ones routes that I have never taken public transport once in the city.

One thing that has changed is the security to get into St Peters, so be prepared for that ( it’s like airport security now) and get there really early or last thing.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

We stayed in the suburbs and rented a car, but we only used that for a day trip to Tivoli and to get to the nearest train station. The subway system is ok, though is basically only two lines, but is reasonably cheap for the day. The traffic can be quite mad, so only use a scooter if you are really confident. Otherwise, the tube will get you close to the main attractions and there are plenty of cafes to rest your legs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here