Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Morning after" drink driving / Kirsty Gallacher

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It does genuinely seem that the only solution to this is to get a personal chauffeur.

Can anyone recommend one?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She's got an outie :eek: :sick:

DGn3KUsXYAAoNFM.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm reading that it takes "between 15 and 90 minutes for alcohol to enter the blood stream after drinking depending on whether the stomach is empty or has food in it."

Does that mean you can neck half a bottle of Tequila in one, and you'll be legal to drive home really quick (within 15 minutes)...?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does that mean you can neck half a bottle of Tequila in one, and you'll be legal to drive home really quick (within 15 minutes)...?

I have joked before about drinking a can of cider on the way home from the supermarket before to be, literally, drink driving. The booze wouldn't reach the bloodstream until such time as I got home and should make the unpacking a bit less dull.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was looking for cars in the USA, where I heard they had breathalyzers fitted and found this; https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/new-car-technology-promises-to-keep-drunk-drivers-off-the-road&ved=0ahUKEwiR6Om96Y3WAhWQOsAKHaNbB3IQFgiaATAZ&usg=AFQjCNFSoOOtPMn3iRA5fSuvozm7f17gUA

Seems people don't like the blow and go.. I didn't realise it randomly tells you to blow again to check you haven't cheated on it! Seems very inconvenient if you are under the limit. Touchpad seems a better idea.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do we know how that impacts the absorption of alcohol?
It gives the false impression that you're able to tolerate more alcohol than others, as you keep drinking while those around you vomit.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I drive in morning arter I have had 2/3 pints,a meal and 7/8 hours sleep. Always considered I was OK. Is it possible to buy a breathalyser it so you can test yourself in morning

I'd say you'd be unlikely to be over the limit after that meal (though obviously wouldn't advise it), let alone in the morning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why stop there. You could have a large P or an R printed on your shirt ,jumper or jacket when you go out of the house at anytime. The P doesn't stand for Palace either. Even I wouldn't go that far.

I like your idea. Flipping this around, maybe us craft beer drinkers could have a huge C printed on our jumpers and jackets. Folk would then instantly be able to tell we're craft beer drinkers and give us the respect we deserve. The 'C' stands for craft.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I like your idea. Flipping this around, maybe us craft beer drinkers could have a huge C printed on our jumpers and jackets. Folk would then instantly be able to tell we're craft beer drinkers and give us the respect we deserve. The 'C' stands for craft.

How about 'Craft Understanding, Not Tasteless'. Might need to make up some kind of acronym so it fits on the jumper.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How about 'Craft Understanding, Not Tasteless'. Might need to make up some kind of acronym so it fits on the jumper.

Are you in the Craft Or Cask Klub?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I drive in morning arter I have had 2/3 pints,a meal and 7/8 hours sleep. Always considered I was OK. Is it possible to buy a breathalyser it so you can test yourself in morning

Halfords sell them, as it's a legal requirement to have two in your car, whilst driving in France.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Halfords sell them, as it's a legal requirement to have two in your car, whilst driving in France.

Not anymore. That law was suspended a while ago.

I'll clarify that - it's still on the list of items you have to have in the car but there's no enforcement currently.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I was thinking Paedophile or Rapist but yes C for Craft would be fine. I think women could have a Y or N on their fronts. It would save young men a lot of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here