Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Trumps referendum took place last night in Georgia and South Carolina, it was seen to be MASSIVE for Trump, over 20 million dollars was spent by out of state interests on the democrat campaign compared to the 3-4 million by the Republican lady. If the GOP lost (and it was polled to be so), it would be a huge blow to DT and a sign that he is up shit creek and rather paddleless.

The GOP won. Both elections. Despite record breaking amounts of spending. When are they going to learn that "I hate Trump" is a shit platform.

Think your post is a little misleading, either accidentally or intentionally! The total for both campaigns could well be up to $60m with the larger proportion being spent by democrats and/or their interested parties but in total Handel spent considerably more than $3/4m.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/19/the-race-for-georgias-6th-district-now-costs-more-than-50m/

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Your figures on the spending are way off: http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/19/the-race-for-georgias-6th-district-now-costs-more-than-50m/ The spending by both sides was a lot more and a lot closer from each side than you suggest. Ossoff for the Democrats did set records for the amount he was able to raise in the time available.

The polling was very close throughout the race, but a late bounce predicted a Republican win.

South Carolina was never expected to be in play and although the Democrats will be very disappointed to have got so close and lost the Georgia 06 seat, it was about 70th most likely take for the Democrats. I think they need only 23 to take control at the mid terms.

The Georgia campaign was not run as a referendum on Trump. The Democrat ran on local issues, not on 'I hate Trump.' Neither candidate actually spoke of him a lot. The Republican did say he tweets too much.

The GOP will be a lot more nervous about the results than your post suggests. If things are this close in unlikely districts before they smuggle their health care bill through without admitting what is in it, they could very well be toast come the mid terms.

beat me by 2 minutes!!!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Your figures on the spending are way off: http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/19/the-race-for-georgias-6th-district-now-costs-more-than-50m/ The spending by both sides was a lot more and a lot closer from each side than you suggest. Ossoff for the Democrats did set records for the amount he was able to raise in the time available.

The polling was very close throughout the race, but a late bounce predicted a Republican win.

South Carolina was never expected to be in play and although the Democrats will be very disappointed to have got so close and lost the Georgia 06 seat, it was about 70th most likely take for the Democrats. I think they need only 23 to take control at the mid terms.

The Georgia campaign was not run as a referendum on Trump. The Democrat ran on local issues, not on 'I hate Trump.' Neither candidate actually spoke of him a lot. The Republican did say he tweets too much.

The GOP will be a lot more nervous about the results than your post suggests. If things are this close in unlikely districts before they smuggle their health care bill through without admitting what is in it, they could very well be toast come the mid terms.

Fair, I had this as my source https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...eorgia-6th-most-expensive-house-election.html - Clearly they didn't show the whole picture which is why I only referred to out of state funding, I found that particularly astounding.

Also regarding the referendum on Trump point, if the candidates didn't run on that platform then fair enough, but the media pushed it as such:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/nation-watches-georgia-special-election-seen-as-referendum-on-trump/
http://www.businessinsider.com/geor...l-election-results-ossoff-handel-trump-2017-6
http://www.kfvs12.com/clip/13423582/georgia-holds-special-election-seen-as-referendum-on-trump
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-georgia-special-election-20170619-story.html
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/20/georgia-special-election-7-things-to-watch-239736

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm so old, I remember how the Copeland by-election results indicated that Labour was doomed...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The gift that keeps giving.

US President Donald Trump has told supporters that his proposed wall along the border with Mexico could have solar panels fixed to it.

Addressing a rally in Iowa, he said the panels would provide cheap energy and help to pay for the controversial wall.

Mr Trump told cheering supporters at a campaign-style rally in Cedar Rapids on Wednesday that he would "give you an idea that nobody has heard about yet".

"We're thinking of something that's unique, we're talking about the southern border, lots of sun, lots of heat. We're thinking about building the wall as a solar wall, so it creates energy and pays for itself. And this way, Mexico will have to pay much less money, and that's good, right?"

He added: "Solar wall, panels, beautiful. I mean actually think of it, the higher it goes the more valuable it is. Pretty good imagination right? Good? My idea."

:lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The solar panels would need to be on the Mexican side (southern) of the wall. Surely it's their power?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
OMG, Trump stealing the Mexican sun. Whatever next.

Just imagine if the Mexican's installed an even bigger solar wall just inside Trump's!??! Steal back their sun... or even just clad their side with another layer of panels..

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
God he's good! Maybe he could suggest to NASA to put a cable in space around the moon and allowing for the earths rotation to drag sh1t up!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The solar panels would need to be on the Mexican side (southern) of the wall. Surely it's their power?

Not in Trump's mind, as he has repeatedly said that Mexico will pay for the wall. Therefore although the USA will pay the $12bn or whatever it will cost to build the solar panel wall, Trump will see the power produced as being free to America until the cost off the wall has been paid off by America using the power produced.

A neat way of side stepping the fact that mexico is unwilling to pay for the wall.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
God he's good! Maybe he could suggest to NASA to put a cable in space around the moon and allowing for the earths rotation to drag sh1t up!

A space elevator - this would work, but not with the moon, or at least not with the moon orbiting the earth at the distance it is. Ideally this could be done with a captured Asteroid in geosynchronous earth orbit as one axis point.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
The gift that keeps giving.

US President Donald Trump has told supporters that his proposed wall along the border with Mexico could have solar panels fixed to it.

Addressing a rally in Iowa, he said the panels would provide cheap energy and help to pay for the controversial wall.

Mr Trump told cheering supporters at a campaign-style rally in Cedar Rapids on Wednesday that he would "give you an idea that nobody has heard about yet".

"We're thinking of something that's unique, we're talking about the southern border, lots of sun, lots of heat. We're thinking about building the wall as a solar wall, so it creates energy and pays for itself. And this way, Mexico will have to pay much less money, and that's good, right?"

He added: "Solar wall, panels, beautiful. I mean actually think of it, the higher it goes the more valuable it is. Pretty good imagination right? Good? My idea."

:lolol:

The guy is a narcissistic moron. :nono:

I thought this was quite an interesting article on the subject of the wall that I read the other day:

6 things that could topple Donald Trump's border wall

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely the solar panel goes on top, so the height of the wall is irrelevant. Or does he mean head to toe coverage in solar panels?

Also, why is he still rallying all the time? Is he aware he won the election?

I don't think he is. I imagine he wakes up each morning and it requires a series of aides about half an hour to bring him up to speed on who and what he is.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just imagine if the Mexican's installed an even bigger solar wall just inside Trump's!??! Steal back their sun... or even just clad their side with another layer of panels..

Nah, they would just put a giant sombrero in front of the panels to keep the sun off

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely the solar panel goes on top, so the height of the wall is irrelevant. Or does he mean head to toe coverage in solar panels?

Also, why is he still rallying all the time? Is he aware he won the election?

In the video clip posted above he says "Think of it, the higher it goes, the more valuable it is"

This seems to suggest the panels will be on the sides, unless he's hoping it will poke up through the Earth's atmosphere and get unfiltered sunlight?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here