Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reports of a van driving into a crowd of people in Finsbury Park

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Well they was peace abiding Muslims in this country and suddenly became a jihadi.....Yes that's pretty much the same thing or am I missing something.......?

Not sure what point you are making? My point is that people are using the word "Muslim" in situations where "extremist" or "Jihadi terrorist" should be used. No-one when discussing the Klu Klux Klan would simply refer to them as Christians so why refer to Jihadis as Muslims?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dear me.

Random people deliberately attacked by an Islamic extremist and every Muslim needs to apologise according to some here. I don't agree at all but can at least sort of see how some people arrive at that conclusion.

But then a group of obviously Muslim people are also attacked by a terrorists and it's still THEIR fault? F***ing hell.

I can't imagine even the leftiest of lefttards on this board would somehow seek to blame the community from which a victim of Manchester or London Bridge came.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No-one should feel unsafe in a so called western democracy. Sadly it seems many do.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not sure what point you are making? My point is that people are using the word "Muslim" in situations where "extremist" or "Jihadi terrorist" should be used. No-one when discussing the Klu Klux Klan would simply refer to them as Christians so why refer to Jihadis as Muslims?

IRA were referred to as Catholics.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sounds like a tax free plan.

You could always buy another Merc. You won't be able to drive it in the terrible traffic though.

Seriously, Dubai expats have a reputation in the ex pat world for being clueless and desperate

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apparently the suspect has been named by some quarters and is from Wales.

Not sure who has leeked his details.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You could always buy another Merc. You won't be able to drive it in the terrible traffic though.

Seriously, Dubai expats have a reputation in the ex pat world for being clueless and desperate

Plenty of chest thumping, but no substance. I'm sure some of you look for back up on here, try being yourself and stop going for the popular vote.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Muslims have lived in this country for years but only in very small numbers. Massive increase in last 10-15 years. No one is saying they are root of all evil but factual to say they are occupying M15's time substantially more than any other religious group, so clearly there is a major issue.

Rubbish! I lived in Croydon (unfortunately!) 20+years ago and there were hundreds of thousands of Muslims and no hint of trouble. The MI5 are occupied by Jihadi terrorists/extremists NOT Muslims so no it is not clear that Muslims are a major issue. (although I note from your post the other day you like spreading hate toward muslims no matter how false the information - do you not think that the spreading of vile hatred toward innocent people contributed toward the kind of attack that happened yesterday?)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Most just called them the IRA but the conflict was to a certain extent Catholics on one side Protestants on the other. A bit different to constantly referring to Jihadis simply as Muslims

Believe me, they were referred to as Catholics/Fenians (and Protestants/Proddys).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Plenty of chest thumping, but no substance. I'm sure some of you look for back up on here, try being yourself and stop going for the popular vote.

No chest thumping here. I've worked most of my career in international software companies.

My ex team leader lives in Dubai right now and is desperate to get out. I lived in Taiwan, Japan and Oz and from my days in ex pat bars & Brit clubs in the first two have met plenty of diplomats and career ex pat engineers. To a man scathing about the place. We regularly got people moving to Taipei from Dubai because they preferred the excellent cheap food, excellent all night bars and clubs and three months of nearly winter

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Only from people who think "muslims" and "Jihadi terrorists" are the same - ie f*cking morons.
ISIS have killed more muslims than non-muslims. In terrorist attacks they have killed indiscriminately including killing Muslims.
Muslims have lived in this country for decades with no problems whatsoever but now according to some people they are the root of all evil.

Also comments such as "what goes around, comes around" as above are so sick its unbelievable.

All Jihadists are Muslim whether they are the Mujahidin Taliban, Al Queda, Al-Shabaab, Boko Haram, Al Sham, Al Nusra etc etc. There are hundreds of thousands of them active, millions who support them, and they all run on Islamic doctrine.

The Islamc prayer, the al fatihah, curses non Muslims: Guide us in the right path, the path of those whom You blessed; not of those who have deserved wrath, nor of the strayers.

We are all damned in a basic prayer.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No chest thumping here. I've worked most of my career in international software companies.

My ex team leader lives in Dubai right now and is desperate to get out. I lived in Taiwan, Japan and Oz and from my days in ex pat bars & Brit clubs in the first two have met plenty of diplomats and career ex pat engineers. To a man scathing about the place. We regularly got people moving to Taipei from Dubai because they preferred the excellent cheap food, excellent all night bars and clubs and three months of nearly winter

Substance! Well done, why didn't you just say that in the first place?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hate crimes on Muslims have skyrocketed since the two terrorist attacks in Manchester & London.
I haven't seen the stats on that, so my comment isn't based on that.

Of course they do not feel safe and I can understand why.
There have been attacks on civilians in this country, but I feel safe. How many attacks on Muslims have there been?

Don't law-abiding citizens of any race,creed or colour deserve to feel safe in their communitites?
Obviously we all deserve to feel safe, but the reality is that it's impossible to stop all attacks. To suggest that no effort is being made to stop attacks in wrong IMO.

I can't really believe that on this thread, about a heinous attack on people going about their business in peace, that I have to point that out.
You didn't have to point it out, we all agree that people deserve to feel safe. Has anyone said they don't?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
There have been attacks on civilians in this country, but I feel safe. How many attacks on Muslims have there been?

Couldn't find up to date figures but article here show attacks on muslims were hugely increasing in 2015:
https://www.theguardian.com/society...muslim-abuse-up-by-326-in-2015-says-tell-mama

Article here highlights 3 attacks in just one week:
http://www.mcb.org.uk/rise-in-attac...eadership-on-worrying-growth-in-islamophobia/

It is no wonder innocent muslims are living on fear.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Believe me, they were referred to as Catholics/Fenians (and Protestants/Proddys).

I believe you but because the Irish conflict was very much along religious lines it was probably more relevant - the fact that ISIS have killed more muslims than non muslims makes it absurd to simply refer to them as "Muslims"

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
All Jihadists are Muslim whether they are the Mujahidin Taliban, Al Queda, Al-Shabaab, Boko Haram, Al Sham, Al Nusra etc etc. There are hundreds of thousands of them active, millions who support them, and they all run on Islamic doctrine.

The Islamc prayer, the al fatihah, curses non Muslims: Guide us in the right path, the path of those whom You blessed; not of those who have deserved wrath, nor of the strayers.

We are all damned in a basic prayer.

As I've already said more Muslims have been killed by ISIS than non-muslims (worldwide) so why simply refer to the Jihadis as Muslims if not to stir up the kind of hatred that led to today's attack?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Couldn't find up to date figures but article here show attacks on muslims were hugely increasing in 2015:
I was replying to the comment that the attacks have skyrocketed since the recent attacks. I don't dispute the comment, I just didn't know, and am interested in the stats.

"What goes around comes around" was said which basically infers they deserved it
Yes, whoever said that is clearly a ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here