Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bjork

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
. . . has never had a no.1 album. Unbelievable.

She's up there with Bowie for me. A forever changing chameleon who done her own thing from the stddardt, from Sugarcubes to Vulnicura. There's have been a few wobbles inbetween but she's the most creative thing on the planet and still working with creative people. Getting Arca and Haxan Cloak to produce the Vulnicura (a counter to the heart wrenching Vespertine) was genius, as was the chemistry-fuelled delights of Biophilia.

An audio visual master who I fell in love with hearing the icelandic Birthday in 88 aged 15.

Let's talk Bjork, a women I'd crumble in the company of.

bjork-lionsong-heart.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Up there with Bowie?!

I wish she was "up there" with Bowie, her voice is appalling.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Up there with Bowie?!

I wish she was "up there" with Bowie, her voice is appalling.

To wish her dead because you are not a fan of her voice, seems rather harsh.

I'm with [MENTION=15579]Albumen[/MENTION] She is an absolute genius.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To wish her dead because you are not a fan of her voice, seems rather harsh.

I'm with [MENTION=15579]Albumen[/MENTION] She is an absolute genius.

Ok, I take it back. Let's just say she did "It's Oh So Quiet" and I wish it had stayed that way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've been enchanted since hearing the Sugarcube's 'Hit' for the first time, all those years ago.

For all of the experimentation and quirks since, Debut is still the beautiful essence of Bjork though, for me.

My personal favourite though is Gling-Glo, that she recorded years earlier with the folk mob. Not being able to understand the lyrics, means that you are able to concentrate on her voice itself, as the amazing instrument that it is. In fact, a track from it popped up on my car system this morning. Terrific stuff.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I am in the she needs to remain oh so quiet camp on this one. Saw her at Wilderness last year, utter tosh.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
. . . has never had a no.1 album. Unbelievable.

She's up there with Bowie for me. A forever changing chameleon who done her own thing from the stddardt, from Sugarcubes to Vulnicura. There's have been a few wobbles inbetween but she's the most creative thing on the planet and still working with creative people. Getting Arca and Haxan Cloak to produce the Vulnicura (a counter to the heart wrenching Vespertine) was genius, as was the chemistry-fuelled delights of Biophilia.

An audio visual master who I fell in love with hearing the icelandic Birthday in 88 aged 15.

Let's talk Bjork, a women I'd crumble in the company of.

bjork-lionsong-heart.jpg

she'd get it alright.....:thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ever since "Life's Too Good": Birthday Motor Crash, Mama, F**king in sweet and sorrow, Delicious Demon, Blue Eyed Pop... that album was responsible for changing completely the way I thought about pop music. Agree with the OP, the re-invention, the pushing of boundaries, the attitude...she's like Madonna, Grace Jones and Debbie Harry all rolled into one.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Interesting thread.
I called Bjork to get her reaction, and she said "brrrdip driiiieeeeeennnnnng brr brrr dring dreeeng"

Which I think translates to something do with her flying cat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here