Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feeling flat

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Get rid of the feeling. Boro are s****ng themselves and have not played well for weeks. I felt flat like you but I've drank though it.

can't say I have drank though it, but slept well last night in the confidence that the team have done us proud.
they know what it will take to beat Boro on Saturday and have the skill and bloody determination to do it, and crist on a bike I would love to be there, its Newcastle all over again, that day I was not so sure that we could do it.
not this time though, this team has fight in them and I am sure they can find that win.
maybe they should have Mullery in the dressing room before the start............................just a thought
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's the spirit. Get absorbed in the world of hysteria, negativity and over reaction coupled with over confidence, misplaced trust and Olympic levels if optimism

What could possibly go wrong?

As am aside, pity to have missed you in the cyclist but at least I got a snog from [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]

Pre-game? How did we manage to miss each other as I was with PL. Or was this when he went for some sort of bizarre wander between getting off the train and the pub?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Pre-game? How did we manage to miss each other as I was with PL. Or was this when he went for some sort of bizarre wander between getting off the train and the pub?

Yes he went on a wander and bumped into the family at the curry leaf hut in the station whereby we all got a kiss and cuddle before he bounded back to the cyclist

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That's the spirit. Get absorbed in the world of hysteria, negativity and over reaction coupled with over confidence, misplaced trust and Olympic levels if optimism

What could possibly go wrong?

As am aside, pity to have missed you in the cyclist but at least I got a snog from [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]

Highlight of MY day

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes he went on a wander and bumped into the family at the curry leaf hut in the station whereby we all got a kiss and cuddle before he bounded back to the cyclist

To be accurate I saw you from the other side of the glass barrier after getting off the train, hence wandering over. I'd already got detached from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] et al whilst nattering to another friend on the train

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
*Sigh*. I dunno - part of me is enjoying the fact that we're potentially 90 minutes from promotion. If we do it at Boro, it'll rank as one of the all-time most joyous experiences at a game. Part of me is flat as hell - the task to beat Boro at theirs, with their home record, is monumental. As someone else has said; if we'd lost to them only 2-0, rather than 3-0, it'd be us needing only the draw. Should we have played for a draw next Sat if that's all we needed? No, of course not - there's no way we'd hold out for 90 mins for a 0-0, but a draw feels much more achievable than a win.

Win at Boro - utter elation. Draw/lose at Boro - we have 2 or 3 really tough games - of course we could win them, but we could equally easily lose one or more.

Dontcha just love being a football fan?!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Exactly the same here. I knew Wilsons goal meant very little at the time. Annoyed we're not going to Biro with our strongest team too. Would've rather lost and still had Dunk personally. But I'm sure I'll be back to normal in a bit. Just seemed weird today. I've always considered is the outsiders but there's a lot of neutrals etc now getting involved who also haven't a clue about basic maths or football who want to offer an opinion. That Burnley fan suggesting we'd 'bottled it' sums up what I mean too.
Especially if it goes to pens.

I'll get me coat.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Looking at every other opinion we fans have had over the last 18 months or so, it's pretty hard to feel flat now.

Imagine someone posting, when the fixtures came out:-

'Oh it'll be tough needing a win at Middlesborough to secure promotion'.

Not even [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] could find that thread.

Prince Monalulu or whatever his username is said we'd be heading up there for a promotion party. Fair to say that it was tongue in cheek at the time. Now hope he's right.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We're starting to sound like Arsenal supporters. FFS people, we have the chance to go up! Automatically or through the play offs.

We're also very hard to beat. And goals can come from anywhere. It's not a job if snuffing out one threat.

We stand as good a chance as Boro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Party_0044.JPG

Just feeling a little tired.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yesterday did not go well, there's no denying it.

What actually hurts the most is seeing those Burnley cloggers scrape a 1-0 for automatic promotion against a team that we ripped to shreds just a couple of weeks ago.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
can we please all start thinking the positives....

We will be 3 goals up in the first half hour on Saturday. A Skalak corner and Hemed nods in the first in the 5th minute. Seven minutes later, Knockaert will skin De Laet to present Stephens with a tap in for 2-0. With Boro pushing to get back into the game, Albion break again in the 29th minute, Skalak feeding Wilson to score with a crap shot through the keeper's legs. Boro will spend the next 55 minutes absolutely battering us, and will pull one back in the 75th minute but with time running out Skalak to Wilson, lays off to Hemed and that's four. But the Riverside will be half empty by then.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We will be 3 goals up in the first half hour on Saturday. A Skalak corner and Hemed nods in the first in the 5th minute. Seven minutes later, Knockaert will skin De Laet to present Stephens with a tap in for 2-0. With Boro pushing to get back into the game, Albion break again in the 29th minute, Skalak feeding Wilson to score with a crap shot through the keeper's legs. Boro will spend the next 55 minutes absolutely battering us, and will pull one back in the 75th minute but with time running out Skalak to Wilson, lays off to Hemed and that's four. But the Riverside will be half empty by then.

From your keyboard to God's ears ..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here