Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unchain The Brighton Motorist

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I believe they are harming the well being of taxi drivers, small traders and certain city centre businesses.

They're definitely harming the well being of both drivers and cyclists by keeping the roads in such a dangerous potholed state.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I actually say they're using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. OF course it's a good idea to try to cut down on people doing a 400 yard school run in an SUV or driving five minutes to the shops. However here is a direct quote from their manifesto (my bolding):

I believe they are harming the well being of taxi drivers, small traders and certain city centre businesses.

I think taxi drivers come a close second to farmers as the profession, with the most to moan about. If I get a taxi in Brighton, it is from either the station, or the rank in East Street. I don't think it is difficult to build a pedestrian priority zone, that does not adversely affect taxi drivers.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think taxi drivers come a close second to farmers as the profession, with the most to moan about. If I get a taxi in Brighton, it is from either the station, or the rank in East Street. I don't think it is difficult to build a pedestrian priority zone, that does not adversely affect taxi drivers.

You could go as far as saying reducing social car use in towns and cities centres use must help taxis, less traffic so quicker journeys and more people in town without cars, thus more needing taxis...

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
You could go as far as saying reducing social car use in towns and cities centres use must help taxis, less traffic so quicker journeys and more people in town without cars, thus more needing taxis...

Don't taxis have access to bus lanes ? so making no difference to journey times and replacing one car for another so no advantage there.

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

'Punishing Brighton motorists'? Scary that people think along such puritanical lines.

Along with the the war on cars which you are having problem understanding.
Regardless of your feeling to the contary this is what is going to them voted out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here