Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

counties in england never to have a league side....ever, ever EVER?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Scotty M said:
do they not come under france?

Matt LeTissier
Graeme LeSaux

[I'm not suggesting that either of these are counties by the way, or that they own motorways, but they're definately not Frenchies]

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
They're not UK either, I don't think

I had this arument with my mate. He said definately UK, I said they are affiliated in some way but are countries in their own right.

Oct 25, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I had this arument with my mate. He said definately UK, I said they are affiliated in some way but are countries in their own right.

like gibraltar, isle of man, falkland islands?, bermuda?

I JUST DON'T KNOW ANYMORE

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Les Biehn said:
You are right, he is WRONG

Man of Harveys said:
You are right, he is WRONG

Depends on the definition of 'country'. Obviously, they aren't sovereign states (which is always the best definition, if you ask me, because it's the tightest definition). But they aren't part of the UK, either - only England (a 'constituent country'), Scotland (also a 'constituent country'), Wales (a 'principality') and Northern Ireland (a 'province') are.

They are officially known as UK Crown Dependencies.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
fatbadger said:
Depends on the definition of 'country'. Obviously, they aren't sovereign states (which is always the best definition, if you ask me, because it's the tightest definition). But they aren't part of the UK, either - only England (a 'constituent country'), Scotland (also a 'constituent country'), Wales (a 'principality') and Northern Ireland (a 'province') are.

They are officially known as UK Crown Dependencies.

Yes, whatever. Have they got any motorways? I'm sure Sark has a big one running right through it.

It's very quiet though, what with cars being banned and that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
23 pages and still no definitive list. Christ what have you all been down. Still can't quite believe Bozza's "West Sussex".

Dreadful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here