Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nando's in Hove

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Is there a 'Las Iguanas' (Mexican) in the Brighton area? The one in MK does half price cocktails from 4-7 every day! Always a clever first point of call b4 a night out, as the bar bit is separate..

Las Iguanas, now if ever there was a bang average restaurant award this would be reigning champion. Always end up there for family functions and parties etc, shockingly average food for the price and rather tight portions.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'd love to boycott all the stores at the Goldstone but there's nothing there I would go to anyway. Now if a Wetherspoons were to open then all boycotts would be out the window. Meanwhile, on principle, never have and never will step foot on the Goldstone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This. I really like it, and whenever I've been (quite a lot) I've had a really good meal. Cheap as it's always under a tenner, and does the job. Maybe it's because I really like chicken? :shrug:

:thumbup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's not triple the price of KFC though. KFC costs about £5-£6 per person, whereas Nando's is £9-£11. For that, you get to sit down in respectable surroundings, eat from a plate rather than a bucket and enjoy chicken that is at least half-respectable.

I'm not a massive fan of Nando's or a regular customer, but people who compare it to KFC are missing the point. I think most of the reason for its success is that it sits between KFC and a proper restaurant, allowing people without too much cash to have a restaurant experience and reasonable food while spending only £20ish for two people rather than £30-£35 at a generic chain restaurant.

Spot on.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Las Iguanas, now if ever there was a bang average restaurant award this would be reigning champion. Always end up there for family functions and parties etc, shockingly average food for the price and rather tight portions.

Agree with you on that one! The service is shite too (though possibly just the Brighton one?).

Don't see why people have a problem with Nando's. It's freshly cooked food, not fried, relatively healthy, etc. and I'm always absolutely stuffed upon leaving (small portions my arse).

It's also NOTHING LIKE KFC. I really don't see the comparison.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
As I said brilliant pr people in charge. It's a fast food restaurant in everything but name. You order at the counter get your own drinks (if you're having sift drinks) granted the food is brought to you but apart from that it is a self service restaurant. I doth my cap to them.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
flying_cat.jpg

I dont get it ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Agree with you on that one! The service is shite too (though possibly just the Brighton one?).

Don't see why people have a problem with Nando's. It's freshly cooked food, not fried, relatively healthy, etc. and I'm always absolutely stuffed upon leaving (small portions my arse).

someone said it was junk food, i wonder if they've actuall been. though the service is neligable, they bring out your food at thats it. i like Nando's except one major point, its not good value, far too easy to spend over £10. can go to thai, chinese pubs and get more for less.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My uni have their own version of Nandos called Frango's very nice and half the price of the one in Colchester! :thumbsup:

We had the Stephen Biko Burger Bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here