Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Points target for next seven games

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Last year we were in the same position as now (17 points from 7 games) but we only took 4 points from the following 7 games. - Our first bad run last year.

Comparing the same or equivalent games last year, we took only 9 points from the first 7 games against the same (or equivalent) teams.

In the subsequent 7 games (or against equivalent teams) we took 11 points last year. If we match that, we should have 27 points from the first 14 games.

Birmingham (h). Draw
Ipswich (h). Win
Derby (a) win
Midd (h) draw
Bpool (a) loss
Peterborough (h) win
Wolves (a) lost the equivalent game v promoted team)

(Note that last year we won all home games against the 3 relegated teams and didn't take a single point home or away against the 3 teams who were promoted.)

If we are going to stay on course to be promoted the target after 14 games should be 28 points.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We're on 16 points, and were after 7 games last season.

If I'm being positive: 17/21

Birmingham (h). Should win
Ipswich (h). Win
Derby (a) Draw
Midd (h) Win
Bpool (a) Draw
Peterborough (h) win
Wolves (a) Draw

If I'm being negative 3/21
Birmingham (h). Loss - They will be hurting from their 5-0 loss to barnsley, will be working on defence, and could sneak a winner.
Ipswich (h). loss There's a sense we stole Kuszczak from their grasps - he will have a bad game, their keeper will prove better and their fans will gloat about being right to not go with kuszczak, not to mention Barnes will probably be suspended then, and CMS might still be out injured.
Derby (a) loss, they are the home team and aren't exactly struggling
Midd (h) draw they're a tough side, they might sneak a win
Bpool (a) loss they are real contenders this season and will be tough to get something from them at their ground
Peterborough (h) draw - their bad run will come to an end and maybe they'll get confidence and momentum, if not before us, than with us
Wolves (a) Draw

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I think we'll get 11pts from the next 7 but hope I'm wrong and get maxuim points.

Birmingham (h) Win
Ipswich (h) Win
Derby (a) draw
Midd (h) draw
Bpool (a) loss
Peterborough (h) win
Wolves (a) lose

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Birmingham is an interesting one, Our record against the top 6 last season wasnt good enough and it let us down.

Hull and Cardiff I expect to be top 6 and we only got 1 point so need to beat Brum as I expect them to be challenging come May

Regarding the other games, at the moment no reason why we cant win every game. . of course we wont but things are falling for us right now and the momentum is flowing

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Birmingham is an interesting one, Our record against the top 6 last season wasnt good enough and it let us down.

Hull and Cardiff I expect to be top 6 and we only got 1 point so need to beat Brum as I expect them to be challenging come May

Regarding the other games, at the moment no reason why we cant win every game. . of course we wont but things are falling for us right now and the momentum is flowing

Did you see Birminghams result yesterday ? Teams that lose 5-0 at home to Barnsley will not be challenging next May, only for relegation

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
(Note that last year we won all home games against the 3 relegated teams and didn't take a single point home or away against the 3 teams who were promoted.)

If we are going to stay on course to be promoted the target after 14 games should be 28 points.

We got three points at home to Saints but that was it against the promoted sides.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I know it's still really early days, but I think some teams have a hype about them that's not really justified.

Birmingham were woeful at the back yesterday. I don't think their squad is all that. Never seen a manager look so dejected as Clark did in the post match interview. Could be a tough season for him if he lasts that long.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Last year we were in the same position as now (17 points from 7 games) but we only took 4 points from the following 7 games. - Our first bad run last year.

Comparing the same or equivalent games last year, we took only 9 points from the first 7 games against the same (or equivalent) teams.

In the subsequent 7 games (or against equivalent teams) we took 11 points last year. If we match that, we should have 27 points from the first 14 games.

Birmingham (h). Draw
Ipswich (h). Win
Derby (a) win
Midd (h) draw
Bpool (a) loss
Peterborough (h) win
Wolves (a) lost the equivalent game v promoted team)

In terms of points, I would say 9/10 points at home. We should beat Ipswich and Peterborough (currently the bottom two) but I think one of Birmingham and Middlesbrough will get a win/draw at the Amex. Birmingham were obviously terrible yesterday but there could be a backlash and Middlesbrough are a decent team and won at Blackburn on Friday.

Away from home, I think we will get 4 points with a win at Derby followed by a draw and loss from trips to Wolves and Blackpool. That will be a major test with Middlesbrough, Blackpool and Wolves in 4 games and if we are still up there after that then we can start to believe.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Firstly, our next 7 games are Brum, Ipswich, Derby, Boro, Leicester, Blackpool and Leeds. If we beat Brum we'll have a MOM award to worry about. We may also be without CMS and Bruno for the next couple of weeks but we should be OK as we have Dobbie & Calde. I expect 2 home wins but Derby could go either way although I would put it down as a win for us. We then get the International break - and a chance to get the players back fit. Boro is a game we should win but Leicester and B'pool aren't - I'd take one point from them. Leeds we should also win but you can never tell with Warnock - so I'd say one point. That makes 14 points and a total of 30 from 14 games

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Did you see Birminghams result yesterday ? Teams that lose 5-0 at home to Barnsley will not be challenging next May, only for relegation

Awful result. You may be right but with the players they have they should be up there. Clarke will be sacked if they dont

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Might be just me but the result for Birmingham yesterday wasn't the greatest for us because after conceding 5 goals they're gonna want to come to the Amex and give out a tonking, which I'm sure won't happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here