Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which is your least favourite football stadium?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Priestfield or cheaterfrauds ground

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Fair enough but if you asked 100 fans this question, excluding Birmingham fans, I doubt more than 2 or 3 max would even consider Villa Park. IMO its an example of how the traditional and modern can work together perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, it isn’t even the stadium, per se. I think fans are often the real identity of any stadium and I’ve not had good experiences of Villa fans, the atmosphere in their stadium, the surrounding area or the people that work there. And I’ve been there multiple times. Villa Park is, you’re right, a decent looking stadium, but it’s like the pretty girl everyone knows who lacks any actual personality or depth (or at least, it is for me and many others I know). But we all have our opinions and I respect your right to your own.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I quite like Stamford Bridge as a ground, close to the pitch and steep stands, unfortunately, their crowd is poor.

This season it has to be The Taxpayers London Stadium for me, great stadium for athletics, crap for football.

I’m surprised we got to post#28 and no one has mentioned it, I imagine winning 3-0 has something to do with it.:albion2:

Agree the worst stadium I visited. Winning was great and made it bearable. But I was so far away from the pitch I may have felt the same if I was watching it a home with freinds

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Huish Park

Probably my least favourite ground I have visited in recent years.

Eh? I go there quite often with my kids. It's not thevgreatest I'll admit but it's an ok little ground. For it to be anyone's least favourite is ridiculous unless you've only ever been to elite grounds.

It's not a good ground to visit if you are an away fan.
No railway station nearby, no beer on sale in the away end and very limited refreshments.
Nice to stand on a terrace again but it did rain for some of the match ,on our last visit.

I went to the old Huish ground a few times as my grandparents lived just up the road. The old ground was in the middle of town and from memory was much better than the current Huish.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I quite like Stamford Bridge as a ground, close to the pitch and steep stands, unfortunately, their crowd is poor.

This season it has to be The Taxpayers London Stadium for me, great stadium for athletics, crap for football.

I’m surprised we got to post#28 and no one has mentioned it, I imagine winning 3-0 has something to do with it.:albion2:
I'd forgotten about the 'Appy 'Ammers. Truly awful place to watch football.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm afraid to say Withdean. Too much weather and not enough atmosphere.
For all its faults I quite liked Withdean-and it was the most successful period in the club's history. There was also a real camaraderie amongst the regulars. Wouldn't want to go there again though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ricoh Arena: soulless, with that big blank wall, it's miles from the city centre and trains don't stop there on matchdays.

Dishonourable mentions: Reading, St Mary's, nottarF kraP (#twats), the Kassam Stadium, St Andrews.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008

Another vote for the Taxpayers Bowl. Not an arena to watch a football match in. Most of the older grounds are fine, you can't realistically expect fantastic sight lines and facilities of new stadia with the character of older grounds. You pays your money and takes your choice. Some of the newer ones are ok, too. Remember, folks, the question if about the stadium, not whether or not the Albion got tonked there on your last visit.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be honest, it isn’t even the stadium, per se. I think fans are often the real identity of any stadium and I’ve not had good experiences of Villa fans, the atmosphere in their stadium, the surrounding area or the people that work there. And I’ve been there multiple times. Villa Park is, you’re right, a decent looking stadium, but it’s like the pretty girl everyone knows who lacks any actual personality or depth (or at least, it is for me and many others I know). But we all have our opinions and I respect your right to your own.

Same here. The 2 side stands are quite nice, but the miserable (Kevin Turvey) patrons are w*kers. For a fanbase who believe that they're a mega club, all they dine on is 2 seasons 1980/82 and a completely meaningless dead rubber of home Div 1 rare home victory over Liverpool in about 1978. [I only know this because they spend an hour pre kick off playing it on giant screens, every week]. A large contingent of their fans seem to hate every club and every set of fans that visit, similar to the Munsters at Carrow Road.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Rushden and Diamonds was a ballache to get to. But the only time we went there we won 3-1, LeonKnight was still the new small Zamora and Zesh Rahmen(i think that was his name...) scored an absolute belter so it's not all bad.

I'm going to vote for Selhurst because it is (still) a shithole and the only time I've been there with Brighton we lost 5-0. And they did that shitty call and response bollocks whenever they scored.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I don't particularly like Old Trafford. Might look good on TV but it's nothing special when you're in there.
Fratton park. A dump surrounded by an even bigger dump.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here