Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football "banter" with plastic Prem fans

Nope. Never even occurred to me.

Why would it ?

Me either, but all sorts of people when they talk to me about Brighton now refer to the club as "we"

Can't remember ever talking to them about Brighton before, especially when they usually wear top 4 premier league replica tops.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Some people being a bit precious here. Throughout the last 20 years of under achievement, how many of us had a 2nd favourite premier league club to 'support'

I know I did.

I had another team (still do)... East Preston FC.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
There's a group of old uni mates who have stuck together for the last 10 years or so. The reactions have been mixed:

Wigan - Genuine Fan - Congratulations mixed with self pity
Man City - Genuine Fan (ST holder for 20 odd years) - Congratulations and offered me a ticket if I couldn't get one
Charlton - Genuine Fan (although barely attends) - Congratulations and a showed some some knowledge of our history
Leeds - Genuine Fan (although barely attends) - Congratulations but game me loads of stick after Leeds game
Liverpool 1 - Goes to one or two games a year - Smug Congratulations
Liverpool 2 - As above
United - Proper Plastic - Didn't even know we were promoted
Sunderland - AWOL

Personally I think that just about sums it up. The "traditional" big clubs (and I don't count Man City in that) have some exceptionally self absorbed fans but most others fans, particularly those who have seen a relegation or two, are predominantly a decent bunch.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Reading this thread is embarrassing, come across as a bunch of snobs.
I would prefer being surrounded by 'new' Albion fans than the nightmare of that Arsenal cup game a couple of years back. Closest I've come to being thrown out a game for about 20 years, no thanks to that again.

Oct 25, 2003
Where has this whole thing come from that people can "get you tickets"?! I hear it a bit from people who never go to games e.g. "I've got a mate who can get me Spurs tickets" ....co incidentally that never seems to materialise. Get your own bloody ticket! Where has this whole concept come from?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In fairness my daughter is glad that her friends at school are starting to know who we are.

She has had 6 years of her peers genuinely having no clue who Brighton are.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would prefer being surrounded by 'new' Albion fans than the nightmare of that Arsenal cup game a couple of years back. Closest I've come to being thrown out a game for about 20 years, no thanks to that again.

What happened at the Arsenal match?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Some people being a bit precious here. Throughout the last 20 years of under achievement, how many of us had a 2nd favourite premier league club to 'support'

I know I did.

No, to be honest apart from occasionally watching MOTD, i take very little notice of the Premier League.
That will change next season of course. :)

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
When I'm Prime Minister it will be the LAW that you can only support the team nearest to where you were born or grew up.

There'll be random spot checks, inspection of documents and inquisitions outside Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge etc and people found to be breaking the law will be forced to buy a season ticket for the club they should be supporting.

(Unless they're originally from Croydon in which case they'll be allowed in).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Do tell

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What happened at the Arsenal match?
Stuff like this

e541070ed79a5d390d7da994ea559e25.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here