[Football] Brazil v Mexico

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
My sweepstake coming in!

Dive away Neymar!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Ronaldo's always been on the cheats list. Talent plus doing absolutely anything under the sun to gain an advantage, has always been his nature.

And that's why the debate about who is better, him or Messi, will, in my book, always be won by Messi. He so rarely goes down, and even when he gets hacked down he generally doesn't make a meal of it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've watched a lot of Murray and Ronaldo over the years. They're very similar in how they try to win decisions. A lot of people just don't like Ronaldo, but he's not up there in the highest category. He makes the most of things obviously, but he's no where near the level of the others I mentioned.

We'll have to agree to disagree

I've watched a lot of La Liga going back a very long time. People in England, especially Chelsea or Real fans, always single out Busquets as part of their Barca hatred.

But Busquets is joined by long list of La Liga cheats including Pepe (as you mentioned), Marcelo, Ronaldo, Ramos. Probably loads of others at other less famous clubs. Some of the matches turn into endless parachute rolls, peeking at the ref whilst dying, etc, with Ronaldo a master.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Neymar acts like someone with the mental age of a 13 year old that's never heard the word no. It will be Brazil's undoing as sooner or later they will play a proper team in Belgium or France that won't lose the game before they have set foot on the pitch. They also have players like mpabbe and Hazard that play for the team rather than their own ego and will have more influence on the game as a consequence. I want to see him in tears.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He was off the pitch anyway. Just play on FFS.

I see the bedraggled little scrote has even managed to embarrass himself into a normal haircut, after the worldwide ridicule there was to that malnourished dead sheep he had hanging off his swede in the first game.

Neymar is one of those odious players who has fully bought into the concept of not just being a footballer, but also being a "BRAND". I'd be perfectly ok with it if some swarthy Uruguayan sends him spinning out of the tournament with six pronounced studmarks embedded on his achilles.
Yep. They were talking about him on 5 live earlier and mentioned that he's basically been cosseted and indulged since he was nine years old. You'd never guess....

Even if he was totally brilliant then I'd have a big issue with his shocking cheating and his entitled attitude. Like Maradona who was clearly amazingly talented but was also a cheat, he could never be considered great to me because of that.

But Neymar isn't even that good. Nowhere near that good. He's a total prick and because of him I'm now ABB. The Pot Noodle headed tossbag bell.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
We'll have to agree to disagree

I've watched a lot of La Liga going back a very long time. People in England, especially Chelsea or Real fans, always single out Busquets as part of their Barca hatred.

But Busquets is joined by long list of La Liga cheats including Pepe (as you mentioned), Marcelo, Ronaldo, Ramos. Probably loads of others at other less famous clubs. Some of the matches turn into endless parachute rolls, peeking at the ref whilst dying, etc, with Ronaldo a master.

Agree on many of those you mention but don't think Ronaldo is on the same level having also watched a lot of La Liga. He often appeals but then just gets on with it when decisions don't go his way whilst looking hard done by - much like Murray. He doesn't do the endless rolls or make out he's dying (although he did do a bit of that when he was younger, but has grown up).

Barca and Real are as bad as each other. Not sure why you have singled out Real. I'd put players like Mascherano and Suarez in the top category along the likes of former Barca player Neymar, Pepe and Zaha. The amount of stuff Mascherano has got away with over the years makes my blood boil.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree on many of those you mention but don't think Ronaldo is on the same level having also watched a lot of La Liga. He often appeals but then just gets on with it when decisions don't go his way whilst looking hard done by - much like Murray. He doesn't do the endless rolls or make out he's dying (although he did do a bit of that when he was younger, but has grown up).

Barca and Real are as bad as each other. Not sure why you have singled out Real. I'd put players like Mascherano and Suarez in the top category along the likes of former Barca player Neymar, Pepe and Zaha. The amount of stuff Mascherano has got away with over the years makes my blood boil.

Videos on youtube of dozens of clear Ronaldo dives, also delayed falling to the ground holding his face when in an altercation, when no one touched him. Trying to get fellow pro's sent off.

Agree with you about the other players you mention. The Porto team that beat Celtic in 04 and ManU in 05 was a team of cheats, who all went on to cheat their way to silverware at bigger clubs.

Strangely, Neymar, Suarez and Ronaldo, don't need to do it, they're so good at football. But it was coached into them at the age dot and they arrogantly can't see it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A sending off offence according to Clattenburg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who cares what he thinks? Wasn't good enough to make the World Cup.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Neymar acts like someone with the mental age of a 13 year old that's never heard the word no. It will be Brazil's undoing as sooner or later they will play a proper team in Belgium or France that won't lose the game before they have set foot on the pitch. They also have players like mpabbe and Hazard that play for the team rather than their own ego and will have more influence on the game as a consequence. I want to see him in tears.
Yes, this. I am looking forward to seeing France put 7 (SEVEN) past them in the semi final, if not Belgium before then.

And Neymar is the most overrated player on the planet by a mile. And as unanimously agreed, he's a fking cheat. I hope he breaks his leg.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, this. I am looking forward to seeing France put 7 (SEVEN) past them in the semi final, if not Belgium before then.

And Neymar is the most overrated player on the planet by a mile. And as unanimously agreed, he's a fking cheat. I hope he breaks his leg.

Simster, I dislike cheats, but wishing a broken leg on someone? :nono:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Yep. They were talking about him on 5 live earlier and mentioned that he's basically been cosseted and indulged since he was nine years old. You'd never guess....

Even if he was totally brilliant then I'd have a big issue with his shocking cheating and his entitled attitude. Like Maradona who was clearly amazingly talented but was also a cheat, he could never be considered great to me because of that.

But Neymar isn't even that good. Nowhere near that good. He's a total prick and because of him I'm now ABB. The Pot Noodle headed tossbag bell.

Listening to talkshite during the night, they were discussing Neymar, apparently he was brought up playing Futsal (sp) played as no contact sport where Naymar saw the ref as his first line of protection if touched/fouled in any way, seems he has brought this attitude to Football? Someone needs to tell him contact in men's football is allowed?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Listening to talkshite during the night, they were discussing Neymar, apparently he was brought up playing Futsal (sp) played as no contact sport where Naymar saw the ref as his first line of protection if touched/fouled in any way, seems he has brought this attitude to Football? Someone needs to tell him contact in men's football is allowed?
Maybe he should play netball instead. Although he'd probably still fall over clutching his face if a small girl brushed his arm.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

So what are Ronaldo, Zaha and Busquet's excuses for being first class footballing liars?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Let me guess, Tim Vickery said that?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Who cares what he thinks? Wasn't good enough to make the World Cup.

He was actually. FIFA originally selected him for this World Cup, but then he decided to go off and train some arabs instead. In 2016 he refereed the FA Cup Final, the Champions League Final and the Euro 2016 Final, so he's not too shabby a ref, in all fairness.

Anyhoo, back to the matter in hand, and I see Neymar has "hit back" at criticism of his antics from the media and the Mexico manager:

"I think it’s more an attempt to undermine me than anything else. I don’t much care for criticism, not even for praise because this can influence in a way the athlete’s attitude. In the last two matches I didn’t talk to the press because there are too many people talking, getting excited. I don’t know if they’re showing off. I am here to win with my teammates.”

So people who point out his pitiful antics are the ones "showing off" ? What an absolute dry lunch. He has all the self-awareness of Piers Morgan, the insufferable spanner. He's making me dislike Brazil. It won't happen I suppose, but I severely hope they get humped by Belgium, or at least knocked out by a late goal, just so I can see his FACE.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He was actually. FIFA originally selected him for this World Cup, but then he decided to go off and train some arabs instead. In 2016 he refereed the FA Cup Final, the Champions League Final and the Euro 2016 Final, so he's not too shabby a ref, in all fairness.

Anyhoo, back to the matter in hand, and I see Neymar has "hit back" at criticism of his antics from the media and the Mexico manager:

"I think it’s more an attempt to undermine me than anything else. I don’t much care for criticism, not even for praise because this can influence in a way the athlete’s attitude. In the last two matches I didn’t talk to the press because there are too many people talking, getting excited. I don’t know if they’re showing off. I am here to win with my teammates.”

So people who point out his pitiful antics are the ones "showing off" ? What an absolute dry lunch. He has all the self-awareness of Piers Morgan, the insufferable spanner. He's making me dislike Brazil. It won't happen I suppose, but I severely hope they get humped by Belgium, or at least knocked out by a late goal, just so I can see his FACE.

I hope his smug FACE gets a big elbow in it and the ref(s) don't even give a foul.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
So what are Ronaldo, Zaha and Busquet's excuses for being first class footballing liars?

Absolutely no idea who it was? I just have the earbuds from my personal radio hoping to equalise the tinitis! which I find talkshite works the best, playing bland discussion????

Edit meant to reply to majona (sp)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here