Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Absolutely - Destroyed. Maybe you should write and tell Theresa how simple it is, as she seems to be struggling with it, Maybe get your IT bloke at work to help out :lolol:

So this is all you have? Good grief I was looking forward to a battle of discussion and you’ve quit already?!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Wonder who is doing the fake PPF account?I see it has broken cover again.

View attachment 97987

HKFC says it's not him,Titanic has been hounded off,and whoever is doing it is slipping.It always used to have the same post count as the Ppf account.

View attachment 97988

Can only be a mod,

Bozza,
in the living room,
with a hard on

:)......(probably isnt, before someone grasses me up)

You really puzzle me,as I didn't think it was possible to be as stupid as you with only one head.If we have to stay under the ECJ,the EU Commission,and still pay extortionate amounts to a bunch of crooks it's a worse deal than no deal you moron.

It shouldnt be this hard to understand the concept of a crap deal.........but apparently it is

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
So you haven't got a f*ck**' clue then? Thought so. Apart from droning on about how you don't like Brexit. That'll move mountains, that will.

Well you put yourself slap bang in the middle of this cluster**** and have now started moaning about it. What do you want me to do :shrug:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Perhaps you should try doing that yourself................still, be consoled; in the unlikely event of you coming up with a sensible answer, the Irish will ignore it anyway.

I Did. I spent 30 years in the technology industry, read up on all aspects of it and worked extremely hard, ran a number of companies (often supplying to the Government) which is why I know that what [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] is suggesting is complete fantasy.

And I don't know whether you've noticed, but we haven't started negotiating with Ireland or the EU yet, this complete clusterf*** is simply the UK Government trying to find a position to start negotiations :facepalm:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
So this is all you have? Good grief I was looking forward to a battle of discussion and you’ve quit already?!

I think your answer do what Norway/Sweden do, showed the level of 'battle' it was going to be. A bit like me saying to Gareth Southgate 'well just score lots of goals like Russia do'. I bet he can't wait for that interview :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well you put yourself slap bang in the middle of this cluster**** ans have now started moaning about it. What do you want me to do :shrug:

No. You still haven't got a clue. The cluster**** as you put it is the result of your fellow travellers - Parliamentary fellow travellers - Greens, Lib Dems, and let's face it, a majority of the other MPs too; rich fellow travellers, like that bl**dy Miller woman who used her money to delay and complicate the Brexit process; and don't get me started on the unelected pomposity of the House of Lords - all of whom have done their hardest, by fair means and foul, to tie the hands of our Brexit negotiators and generally f*** it up wherever they can. Dog in the manger is I believe the appropriate old fashioned phrase. The EU aren't helping either - it's probably the beginning of the end of their empire building dreams once one country breaks free.
What do I want you to do? Nothing really, because it doesn't really matter what you do. Stopping moaning about Brexit would probably be a minor contribution to a better world, but it really won't make a gnat's fart of difference.

Oh, and I'm not the one that's moaning about Brexit - do try and get your head round that!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I Did. I spent 30 years in the technology industry, read up on all aspects of it and worked extremely hard, ran a number of companies (often supplying to the Government) which is why I know that what [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] is suggesting is complete fantasy.

And I don't know whether you've noticed, but we haven't started negotiating with Ireland or the EU yet, this complete clusterf*** is simply the UK Government trying to find a position to start negotiations :facepalm:
But in spite of your superior knowledge, the border between Norway and Sweden functions OK. Okey doke..............

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
No. You still haven't got a clue. The cluster**** as you put it is the result of your fellow travellers - Parliamentary fellow travellers - Greens, Lib Dems, and let's face it, a majority of the other MPs too; rich fellow travellers, like that bl**dy Miller woman who used her money to delay and complicate the Brexit process; and don't get me started on the unelected pomposity of the House of Lords - all of whom have done their hardest, by fair means and foul, to tie the hands of our Brexit negotiators and generally f*** it up wherever they can. Dog in the manger is I believe the appropriate old fashioned phrase. The EU aren't helping either - it's probably the beginning of the end of their empire building dreams once one country breaks free.
What do I want you to do? Nothing really, because it doesn't really matter what you do. Stopping moaning about Brexit would probably be a minor contribution to a better world, but it really won't make a gnat's fart of difference.

Oh, and I'm not the one that's moaning about Brexit - do try and get your head round that!

I'll try once more. This is what you voted for. You won, we're leaving. Be happy.

Nobody is stopping anything. You now have a Government committed to leaving who are in charge. Unfortunately you have now found out that none of you know what you want, That is the issue, not remoaners, civil servants, House of Lords etc etc

The Holdup is that you have come up with all these 'red lines' which means you have f***ed yourselves before the negotiations have even started. All this parliamentary procedure stuff is whataboutism bollocks. You cannot agree a starting position with which to go to the negotiating table.

The EU aren't helping or hindering, they are simply looking on bemused, much the same as the majority of remainers. The clusterf*** has been created by the Brexit team and voters having no plan as to what to do, nobody else :facepalm:

And if you're not moaning about Brexit WTF was that previous paragraph ?

Goodnight and let's hope the boys put on a show tomorrow :bigwave:

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is what you voted for. You won, we're leaving. Be happy.

:

Can I take it this is your new stated position now, that Brexit will happen and we will leave the EU…….you know, what we voted for, and that your old “Brexit wont happen we will stay in the EU” position is now dead and buried after you have been forced to accept the reality which we all told you about since the referendum…..i.e. that we are leaving……….?
Thanks for clearing it up.
Ps im really happy we are leaving

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You cannot agree a starting position with which to go to the negotiating table.

You mean we haven't been able to have a starting position because the Brexit saboteurs are insisting that we let the other side see our hand before negotiations start. In a normal world that is not how negotiations are done, so the fact that negotiations are proving difficult isn't down to leavers - that's down to your fellow travellers trying to stop the will of the majority being carried out. We who voted leave know absolutely what we want; some p*r*a*t*s trying to muddy the waters hasn't - and won't - change that.

And if you're not moaning about Brexit WTF was that previous paragraph.
Moaning? Geez - I'm delighted we voted to leave.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You mean we haven't been able to have a starting position because the Brexit saboteurs are insisting that we let the other side see our hand before negotiations start. In a normal world that is not how negotiations are done, so the fact that negotiations are proving difficult isn't down to leavers - that's down to your fellow travellers trying to stop the will of the majority being carried out. We who voted leave know absolutely what we want; some p*r*a*t*s trying to muddy the waters hasn't - and won't - change that.

It's funny to see someone who lives in a total fantasy world. Well, it would be if they weren't allowed to vote on really important stuff.

You can't really believe the things you've just posted. It's just attempting to back up a bad decision surely. Or you're insane. But your posts on other subjects suggest that you're not mad.

Confusing.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So now you've managed to get us to this point, you want to know what I am going to do about it ?

As a general rule in life, don't go up a shitty creeks, don't throw away your paddle, and then don't ask people on the shore how they are going to go about rescuing you :shrug:

Pathetic response.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'll just pop you in division 2 then with the other 'Just get on with IT' but we don't know what 'IT' is brigade.

Div 1 - We Know what's Happening and it's not good so we'll score our whataboutism points where we can
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION]

Div 2 - JUST GET ON WITH IT (ie I don't know what to do, so just shout GET ON WITH IT!).
[MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION]
[MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]

Div 3 - Fantasists (Hard Brexit, No deal is better than a bad deal etc)
[MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION]

It's quite fun. If you can come up with any sort of competent solution to the border/trade issue that's currently holding up the Government you could get promoted.
If you come up with really stupid things, or make things up, you get relegated.

I know Div 1 haven't come up with the border/trade solution, but they're my friends, so it's a bit like FIFA

Have fun and good luck :thumbsup:

(just between you and me, I think there may be less players than it appears)

Bit rich an amateur from the Evo-Stick South criticising the professionals from the big boy leagues. You are coming across all desperate and crackers chap, you really shouldn’t sniff the sponsors.
Anyway, your number of leaver participants seems to have increased since your last rant. Not bad, considering @The “numbers is my strong suit” Clamp insists there are only four of us left.

Were you and him at MBoto Gorge together?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Snowflakes were out for the day today. None believe in democracy and the outcome of a vote. Could've inflated a few hot air balloons with all them about

I see they are tweeting each other believing half a million marched yesterday.
I wonder who their number cruncher is?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

The thing is the EU have made their position clear too. All along they have said "Brexit means Brexit" I.e. You can't pick and choose, you are in or you are out. So we have known their position since day one and they have known ours "Brexit means Brexit".

The issue is that when WE say "brexit means Brexit" we mean "brexit means keeping the bits the we like and losing all the bits we don't". Sadly many thought that we had the stronger negotiating position and believed that this might happen. As it dawns on people that actually the EU hold the aces and the EU keep saying "Brexit means Brexit" it is becoming more and more clear that many people who constantly say "Brexit means Brexit" didn't have a sodding clue what Brexit meant.

Basically. We say "Brexit means Brexit" = good
Eu say "Brexit means Brexit" horrible bullies.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Assuming yes, I favour the smart border. They already use it for Sweden/Norway for a much longer border. The guy behind the technology here says it is very achievable for Ireland.

Next?

Smart border like Sweden/Norway? The one with 20 minute customs checks delays for lorries and cameras? That'll work really well in Northern Ireland and particularly at The Port of Dover with the 2.1 million lorries that go through each year. Great idea.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Snowflakes were out for the day today. None believe in democracy and the outcome of a vote. Could've inflated a few hot air balloons with all them about

I'm sure the air is perhaps a little rarefied up there on that high horse, but isn't one of the whole points about democracy being able to have the right to protest?

Personally I'm not too bothered either way about yesterday's protest in London. I see you and others on here are upset enough about it to warrant posting and commenting on it on a Saturday night on a Brighton and Hove Albion football forum though and talk about the numbers involved, so fair play to those who did protest in my opinion.

I always remember the day of the England v Scotland 6 Nations game in 2003. Me and a mate who had a ticket got a slightly later train up to London than we intended and to cut a long story short, it was the same day as the Iraq war protest which curtailed our intention of getting a cab to the pub in Isleworth and we therefore had to get the tube and train to Twickenham and had to binge drink pre-match there instead. I can clearly remember us moaning about the protest though, not just because it inconvenienced us, but because we didn't agree with it as we were part of the 70% of the UK population at the time who didn't care about dossiers or the technicalities of international law - we supported the invasion and the inevitable easy war and walk to Baghdad The British Army were going to have to get rid of Saddam.

Still, it was the democratic right of those protesters in London that day 15 years back to protest, as it was the 30% of The UK population, such as the entire Liberal Democratic Party, to oppose the war. Never mind though, the democratic will of the people won through and we gave Saddam Hussain what for as we all wanted. Just like Brexit, what could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Smart border like Sweden/Norway? The one with 20 minute customs checks delays for lorries and cameras? That'll work really well in Northern Ireland and particularly at The Port of Dover with the 2.1 million lorries that go through each year. Great idea.

It’s onlt for the Irish border. We already have a physical border everywhere else of course.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It’s onlt for the Irish border. We already have a physical border everywhere else of course.

You must know know something that everyone else doesn't then. Where's all the facilities for customs checks that all of the 2.1 million lorries a year that pass through the Port of Dover can use that obviously wont cause any hold ups or delays?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here