Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy's red card

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He slipped and it looked like the Bolton player was about to die given the overreaction, it should get cancelled on appeal but some ridiculous play acting

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, agree from the highlights he slipped which was the only reason it was two footed. Didn't leave the ground at all, no way was that intentional.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He slipped. Turned around and said he slipped. None of the Bolton players had a go at him as they knew he slipped.

Should be overturned on appeal. Their last goal looked like a foul, but none of our defenders complained. Oh well, sh&t happens. Still top of the league.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dodgy call for the club over the sending off. I wouldn't appeal just in case the ban is extended. As for their last goal it's clear he was climbing.

Bans are only extended if the appeal is deemed frivolous, not simply if you lose an appeal. I don't think there's any chance appealing on the basis a player slipped into an opponent rather than lunged in with excessive force would be considered frivolous,.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Dodgy call for the club over the sending off. I wouldn't appeal just in case the ban is extended. As for their last goal it's clear he was climbing.

Well all people see different things and have different points of view I suppose. But at least you got the 'climbing' bit right!
IMO there is no way this appeal would extend his ban, even if the adjudicators don't rescind the red, I'm sure they'll agree an appeal to be merited.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A clear slip, his standing leg gives way. I am sure Hughton will be moaning and moaning about the decision to get it over turned, of course had we won he wouldn't care about the card.

Lodge an appeal? I thought all the club had to do was get Hughton to moan about it enough and it automatically got over turned.

You're repeating yourself, although why you're saying it at all is confusing me.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You seem to forget our manager is Hughton not Whinger. It is as Mourinhio said in yesterdays paper there is 1 rule for AW and another one for every other manager.

I'm not forgetting anything. Every club has had red cards over turned not just Arsenal. I'd fully expect Wenger to say something similar about Jose, they don't like each other, I'm sure other managers have similar opinions about Wenger and Mouriniho, doesn't make it true though.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
I've seen it about 5 times now....crazy decision, bleeding obvious that his standing leg slips....if the red card changed the game then arguably, even it they over turn the decision, it has cost us 2 points....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here