Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun suspend Kelvin Mackenzie

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I guarantee you wouldn't say that to my face. I'm going to Wigan game if you want to sort a time out ?

i-deer-you.jpeg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I loathe The Sun, wouldn't wipe my arse with it, and the crocodile tears apologies they've given to Liverpool are shown to be hollow by the continued employment of Mackenzie at a £300k a year columnist. The timing and content of his article shows the contempt both parties have for Liverpool.

Joe Anderson, the Liverpool mayor who reported the comments to the police, is an opportunist politician (like most of them). His decision for the local council to act as guarantor for Everton's borrowing in relation to their proposed new £300 million stadium is unusual (Joe is however a big Everton fan).

Personally I wouldn't ban Sun journalists from the club, if such a decision was going to be made it should have taken place 28 years ago. This smacks of a PR move made under political pressure.

As for Barkley, he's a professional footballer and should be judged on that skill set rather than his academic ability.

After all, we don't judge Kelvin Mackenzie on his football talents, but as a fat 70 year old bigot who shagged his secretary and wrote some appalling lies about the Hillsbrough disaster.

All of this. ^

And lining up to add to the cast of irrelevant opportunists in this whole pathetic affair was Edwina Curry doing her best, I'm a born a breed Scouser, impersonation on radio 5 last night. Worth a listen for the cringe factor alone.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He had his glory days, sticking it to the left in th 80s, helped break the printing unions bullying tactics.

Oh yes, the days of the 'Queer basher's guide to Brighton'.

I'm sure someone would re-publish an updated version if the law allowed.

McKenzie has never had 'glory days'.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's a pretty dangerous view in itself as it allows people to be condemned purely on the basis of accusation. No evidence required and an ever changing perception of what it is that is racist. It is the stuff of witch hunts and leads to resentment against the establishment leading the way. This then gives us Donald Trump and so the cycle continues.
FWIW though, in this case, I do think Mackenzie's article was racist and unpleasant. There's no 'hidden racism' in comparing someone to a gorilla.

How on earth you've got from a to b is beyond me, but then again, I do hold dangerous views in your opinion.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You consider that glorious do you? Or do you just not understand the English language?

I do not consider the feelings of the people of liverpool to be the be all and end all. He no doubt posted loads of garbage but he was in the right place at the right time ad had some famous headlines like Freddie star ate my hamster.

You may hate him, I do not like him either. Im just posting as a statement of fact they were HIS glory days, maybe not yours or your taste but thats history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here