Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer outs

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think there will be a lot less INs and OUTs than most expect.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
We're not confirmed up yet and the 'business thinkers' are apon us!!!!!

F*ck a goat! Is anyone else losing their hard on about this amazing season because of the go getters wanting to project us immediately into the struggles to come?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sounds like a discussion for our new PL fans to have amongst themselves.

Thinking about ousting some of the players that have plugged holes and maintained our great form feels very uncomfortable, especially when we have 5 games left and are not even mathematically promoted yet.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wouldn't be surprised to see Skalak and Murphy sold to good championship teams. Sidwell could well go too. I don't think we'll buy another centre half, but probably a right-back. We'll definitely buy one, probably two, strikers

lol forgive me, but you seem so very definate about your predictions. For what it's worth I would be surprised to see us sign more than two or three new players, and even then certainly not ones who are going to cost us a lot of money, after all it isn't Tony Bloom's way.

Expect the vast majority of the squad to be given the chance to perform at the higher level, (presuming we do get promoted of course). I might wager a bet on the players that you mentiion all staying, with the likes of Ince, Lua Lua, and O'Grady vulnerable. Young Rob Hunt out on loan at Oldham could leave too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sounds like a discussion for our new PL fans to have amongst themselves.

Thinking about ousting some of the players that have plugged holes and maintained our great form feels very uncomfortable, especially when we have 5 games left and are not even mathematically promoted yet.

Well said, although I have to admit to being almost as premature as some, see my post above!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Norwood, unfortunately, won't have any impact against PL midfields. His opponents there either have pace to burn and power, and/or top flight guile. If the club can afford to, a think we need at least a couple of other CMers.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He's only on the list as he's 4th choice regardless of his current form he's 4th for a reason

The only reason why he lost his place was because of a long injury. Next season we may want to play with 3 or 5 at the back in parts. We may have done this season but we never had 3 CB's fit. So far this season we have used 5 CB's, 6 if we include Bruno and we may even need Forren before it's over.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Who do we think the club will be looking to offload?
O'grady
Kll
BFG
Forren
Maanpaa
Hopefully not Stephens and stocky
Possibly a couple of others?

We are probably about to go into a higher league, where we will require a much more knowledgeable, thoughtful and intelligent selection of people to comment on this board. Is it time to start thinking about which commenters should be offloaded for next season...?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
O'grady
Kll
BFG
Forren
Maanpaa

Not prepared to talk about it..........None at this moment until the end of the season.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
O'grady
Kll
BFG
Forren
Maanpaa

Unsure this is an appropriate thread at this stage in the season when we want ever single player to believe in promotion and be part of it.

Being sentimental will be our undoing. you remember how that panned out last time we made it to the championship and kept the old squad?

If you think, for one minute, this is the same as the analogy you just posted then please feel free to **** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here