Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rogue One - A Star Wars Story Teaser Trailer

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I enjoyed it a lot, but I wouldn't rank it as the best. Probably because I'm a SW fan, and this one was about the least Star Warsie - ie, lack of jedi etc. Which will of course suit a lot of other people.

Question:
In the trailer, we see Jin saying "This is a rebellion isn't it? I rebel"

Was it cut from the film? I didn't see it, but it might be because I was trying to stop my daughter from talking :mad:

Just got back from seeing it, actually better than I thought :thumbsup:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I enjoyed it a lot, but I wouldn't rank it as the best. Probably because I'm a SW fan, and this one was about the least Star Warsie - ie, lack of jedi etc. Which will of course suit a lot of other people.

Question:
In the trailer, we see Jin saying "This is a rebellion isn't it? I rebel"

Was it cut from the film? I didn't see it, but it might be because I was trying to stop my daughter from talking :mad:
It was. There is a Digital Spy article from last night pointing out a fair bit in the trailer that got cut including the shit dialogue

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
going to see it at the science museum with the wife tomorrow after going to the star wars exhibition at the o2

You'll love the Star Wars exhibition, if it was anything like the one I went to at the old GLC building, a few years ago.
Took our nephew's, but I really think it was wholly a generational thing, with lots of stuff mainly the grown ups.
They had a great Emporer there :thumbsup:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Taking my 8 year old on Monday. I'm wondering if she might find it too much? She was ok for force awakens, but as this is supposed to be the most violent start wars yet, I'm not sure if she might find it too much? Once anyone has seen it, please post if there is anything that i need to cover her eyes for. She's ok with watching the other Star Wars movies and also things like Pirates of the Caribbean, but I've heard this film compared to saving private Ryan! When I bought the tickets, I didn't know it would potentially be as voiolent as some are saying.
It's absolutely fine. I took 7 nine and ten year olds today and they all loved it. Would have no qualms about taking an 8 year old. Oh and it's bloody brilliant.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Lovin the positivity here - Am going to Imax Waterloo on Sunday 9.30 with 8+10 Y/old kids.

Did 3D for TFA, and although didn't diminish the film, am going 2D this time.

Fantastic Beasts tonight at Clapham Picture house too; should be thoroughly cinema'd out by Sunday midday.. :thumbsup:

Yep, wow, awesome, and carnage..!
:thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2003
2 out of 2 for Disney

It maybe even better than force awakens

I loved force awakens but I reckon Rogue One blew it out of the water. I think it helped that it was a stand alone movie and therefore had a beginning, middle and end- rather than in the case of Force Awakens which was clearly building for the the next episode (well, RO was building for the next episode but we've already seen it, if that makes sense)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I loved force awakens but I reckon Rogue One blew it out of the water. I think it helped that it was a stand alone movie and therefore had a beginning, middle and end- rather than in the case of Force Awakens which was clearly building for the the next episode (well, RO was building for the next episode but we've already seen it, if that makes sense)

I think I am going to have to watch it again to decide, as the ending in the cinema made me cream myself and that maybe swaying it - whilst we all know what was going to happen (as you said) to see how it linked it was fantastic.

I personally think it's a shame the second trio of films (1 2 3) have already been done, as with Disney on-board they would have been great.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I really enjoyed it.
This time last year, people were saying that The Force Awakens had just provided us with the best ending so far to a SW movie... well frankly the last 5 minutes of Rogue 1 topped it. Amazing scenes.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I personally think it's a shame the second trio of films (1 2 3) have already been done, as with Disney on-board they would have been great.

I do wonder if they'll tackle the first three again?
RO is an immense film. It was a success for me due to filling in with detail, the story leading up to A New Hope.
Cracking stuff. Disney have clearly made the franchise credible again, especially with this new film.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I do wonder if they'll tackle the first three again?
RO is an immense film. It was a success for me due to filling in with detail, the story leading up to A New Hope.
Cracking stuff. Disney have clearly made the franchise credible again, especially with this new film.

I don't think they will for a long time, they have 3 more films being worked on, I imagine if the Han Solo film goes well there will be a couple more of those as well.

I can see them re-do the original 3 before those - would that be a bad thing?

I could see them maybe do some more films from the period between 3 and 4 - maybe form a vader point of view.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah I'm definitely going to watch R1 again before Christmas, and it will be the first time I've seen a film twice at the pictures since (I reckon) Jurassic Park. I LOVED it and would put it right up there with the originals.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Seen it twice. If you get the chance try and get to the IMAX in 3D..... The cinematography looks beautiful on the big screen but the space battle is something else entirely

Overall I think it's great. Sort of like a war film from when I was a kid (Dirty Dozen etc) set in the Star Wars universe. I wasn't sure if the story line was coherent but on the second viewing it really clicked together.

Spoiler-ish stuff below
The only things I was a little disappointed with was the 50% of scenes from trailers/tv spots not being in the film including;
"weapons test" dialogue from Mon Mothma
Saw Gerreras "world is coming undone"
The scene where Jyn and the team are running towards the AT-ACTs with the plans
The scene where she is on the gantry and the Tie Fighter appears.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Saw it last night and I loved it, this very much from a person who is not a fan of the Sci-Fi genre at all.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Much better film than I was expecting, really enjoyed it. Glad it didn't feel the need to settle into the standard Star Wars film structure.

Only small bugbear was why they felt the need to explain that there is a power source for lightsabers, it had a sniff of the whole midichlorians thing in the Phantom Menace. Why the need to put science behind these things? Is there some implication here that a Jedi will need to plug their lightsaber into a charger at some point, or that the batteries will need to be replaced?! Its magic, just let it be!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here