Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray to sign today...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes the season is 46 games long but it is only my opinion that these games were the crucial games that cost us promotion. Many games are lost in August and September and people write them off as non consequential as we have time to put them right it is only in the final analyse in May that you look back and say if only, but the game at QPR and at home to Burnley were later in the season when we couldnt afford a slip up as happened. Both games would have given 3 pts instead of 1 which would have been sufficient for our promotion and hindered Burnley. Water under the bridge that we must learn from. Obviously the loss at Rotherham was an unexpected setback.

Every single game is equally important, From first game to last the same amount of points are on offer, one for a draw, three for a win. Consequentially you can't put our failure to finish in the top two, down to missing out in any one game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's a professional footballer, its a career move for him, nothing more, nothing less. He's not Brighton born, he had no affiliation with the club prior to his arrival and he owed us nothing by the end of his spell. Fans need to get over the ridiculous notion that a player should actually turn down a good career move for themselves, just because it may be to a "rival" and might offend some fans. He's got his career and his family to consider, thats always going to be his priority, not a load of precious fans who see it as some kind of slant on them.

Bobby turned down Palace.

It's funny how nobody mentions the 2 goal lead we let slip at Bolton.A 93rd min equaliser against the worst team in the league.

I said exactly that, in my reply to Stat Brother. He was going on about how strikers cost us promotions and I said that letting go of two goal leads cost us. It wasn't just at Bolton, we did the same at QPR.
We were ahead in both games against Burnley, and conceded to lose two points in each game.

I hope he's forgotten the cheering when he went off injured in the play offs.

A few people jeered at first, because they thought he'd dived to get a free kick. It's not unknown for Glenn to do that.
They shut up fairly soon when they realised it was a serious injury. Nobody cheered when he left the pitch. I was there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
we had a 46 game season...
all these ifs and buts apply to Boro or Hull or Burnley too.

why those 2 games. what about the other 15 games we drew, most of which were score draws ? Why did we concede 2 goals against Rotherham ? Or 4 against Cardiff ? Or lose against Wolves via an own goal ? or struggle against Ipswich at home ? or score 2 away at Derby and come home with a point ? or fail to beat Huddersfield away after going 1-0 up in 30 seconds ? or, or , or. Boro score in the last minute to save a point or 3 several times, or of course finishing games several times with 10 men ?
Its tempting to simplify the entire season's ultimate failure to a single factor and a single game and even a single goal.
But then just as easy to argue its another game, another player, another goal. And we'll simply never know.
So why the certainty. ?

Spot on

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every single game is equally important, From first game to last the same amount of points are on offer, one for a draw, three for a win. Consequentially you can't put our failure to finish in the top two, down to missing out in any one game.

That is the reality but not as seen by many in May when reflecting on the season and missing out on promotion.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bobby turned down Palace.

I said exactly that, in my reply to Stat Brother. He was going on about how strikers cost us promotions and I said that letting go of two goal leads cost us. It wasn't just at Bolton, we did the same at QPR.
We were ahead in both games against Burnley, and conceded to lose two points in each game.

A few people jeered at first, because they thought he'd dived to get a free kick. It's not unknown for Glenn to do that.
They shut up fairly soon when they realised it was a serious injury. Nobody cheered when he left the pitch. I was there.

So was I. Pretty sure I remember many singing "where's your Murray gone?"

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Surely every game against your rivals at the top is more important than the others?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So the lickers are getting moist around the gusset over a player we gave away 5 seasons ago?Not only that,a player we refused to pay an extra couple of quid to in January,a player who would have seen us over the line.

Sounds like you think he's pretty decent if he would have got us promoted then ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So the lickers are getting moist around the gusset over a player we gave away 5 seasons ago?Not only that,a player we refused to pay an extra couple of quid to in January,a player who would have seen us over the line.
Couldn't make it up.
The pies are the best in the championship though.

You do have a very jaundiced view.
I thought the perceived wisdom was that Howe refused to sanction the loan last season as there was still a risk of them getting embroiled in the relegation battle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here