Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Sussex boys' song

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Agree to an extent but some songs have been absolutely shocking e.g. Lewis dunk one.

Also, when the whole north stand does get going, they usually ignore it and try singing something else.

On my post I stated in brackets ( you know who you are)
And you're one of them
I saw your thread last week slagging that song off, that's Why I said in my post above "get a sense of humour people"
That song was never meant to reverberate around the whole stadium and be loved by thousands, it was just a joke song started in a pub over many beers that spilled onto to terraces away at Brentford
Going to the ALBION home and away for some is just a great laugh and a good piss up starting stupid songs where some work some don't, shame that this annoys so many people on NSC and in the north stand, join in people it's fun and don't take life so seriously

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Sick & tired of Brighton fans moaning about other fellow fans about trying to create an atmosphere at the Amex
Time to bury the hatchet people who have an agenda with the NSK/police box mob whatever you wanna call them, and all start joining in together as one and making the Amex a fortress with us as the 12th man, the moaning starts on here and spreads hopefully at home to Cardiff tomorrow night we can all get the place rocking again

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
NSK hard working individuals....look like spotty student types to me.

Bottom line they are helmets. I'm all for atmosphere blah blah blah, but flids pretending to be ultras are nothing except that...

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
On my post I stated in brackets ( you know who you are)
And you're one of them
I saw your thread last week slagging that song off, that's Why I said in my post above "get a sense of humour people"
That song was never meant to reverberate around the whole stadium and be loved by thousands, it was just a joke song started in a pub over many beers that spilled onto to terraces away at Brentford
Going to the ALBION home and away for some is just a great laugh and a good piss up starting stupid songs where some work some don't, shame that this annoys so many people on NSC and in the north stand, join in people it's fun and don't take life so seriously

I know perfectly well it was aimed at me :)

Everyone is all good for new chants but only if they actually make sense.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We love you ?
That sounds familiar :whistle:

Christ on a bike, I do hope the greetings card manufacturers realise you have copyright on that term, or there's going to be legal carnage on Valentine's Day.

Or were you referring to the song I will Follow Him, written and arranged in 1961 by Franck Pourcel & Paul Mauriat, originally recorded by Paola Neri, later covered more famously in 1963 by Little Peggy March, which featured memorably in the cinematic triumph Sister Act, and which went on to be adapted by numerous European, and particularly German football teams before being picked up by Celtic fans and then spreading to various teams in England?

I don't think you even realise it, and it's mildly ironic, considering how much you try to mock us, but you really are in danger of disappearing up your own arses, do you know that?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
This is actually an ok song.
What i will say does it matter exactly what we are singing as long as its about Brighton and relevant. I read some of these comments about people singing and cringe. Not sure how supporting your team can make some many people cringe or blush or be so embarrassed. Its crazy. Granted some of them are not lyrical masterpieces but as has been said we should all get behind those that want to sing and join in with them. The Amex does need a better atmosphere. I agree to an extent that performances improve atmosphere but we can still do our bit.
It has been said though before and i agree with it. The Goldstone had its moments but was never a cauldron for noise, likewise the Preiestfield and Withdean. The AMEX is the same but if we helped and sung with the NWC more the atmosphere would improve

D

Deleted member 22389

Blimey can't believe certain numpties ( you know who you are) have not been all over this thread yet calling the NWC singers Helmets and oiks and moaning about songs where words with too many syllables don't fit correctly or it's too fast too slow or it's a Palace Song or a Celtic song
Makes me laugh how all the internet geeks on here keep moaning about the NWC POLICE BOX but none of them ever respond on here to your petty remarks coz they don't give a FOOK, honest hard working people that get together have a beer have a laugh have a good sing song
Get a sense of humour people stop being so precious have a beer have a laugh and a sing song

Keep up the singing it's great.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Blimey can't believe certain numpties ( you know who you are) have not been all over this thread yet calling the NWC singers Helmets and oiks and moaning about songs where words with too many syllables don't fit correctly or it's too fast too slow or it's a Palace Song or a Celtic song
Makes me laugh how all the internet geeks on here keep moaning about the NWC POLICE BOX but none of them ever respond on here to your petty remarks coz they don't give a FOOK, honest hard working people that get together have a beer have a laugh have a good sing song
Get a sense of humour people stop being so precious have a beer have a laugh and a sing song

It's not so much what they sing that people have an issue with (although often the stuff they come out with is dire, but it's better than silence) it's the fact that when their song isn't catching on and another song does catch on from the other side, instead of switching to the louder song so everyone is singing together and making the maximum noise possible, they persist with singing their own song that half the time nobody else knows. It completely divides the stand and ruins the atmosphere. Thy don't seem to care about this, as long as they get to sing their song. Until this attitude changes, the Amex will never produce the kind of atmosphere it is capable of. And that's a shame.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It's not so much what they sing that people have an issue with (although often the stuff they come out with is dire, but it's better than silence) it's the fact that when their song isn't catching on and another song does catch on from the other side, instead of switching to the louder song so everyone is singing together and making the maximum noise possible, they persist with singing their own song that half the time nobody else knows. It completely divides the stand and ruins the atmosphere. Thy don't seem to care about this, as long as they get to sing their song. Until this attitude changes, the Amex will never produce the kind of atmosphere it is capable of. And that's a shame.
Well explained and accurate.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is actually an ok song.
What i will say does it matter exactly what we are singing as long as its about Brighton and relevant. I read some of these comments about people singing and cringe. Not sure how supporting your team can make some many people cringe or blush or be so embarrassed. Its crazy. Granted some of them are not lyrical masterpieces but as has been said we should all get behind those that want to sing and join in with them. The Amex does need a better atmosphere. I agree to an extent that performances improve atmosphere but we can still do our bit.
It has been said though before and i agree with it. The Goldstone had its moments but was never a cauldron for noise, likewise the Preiestfield and Withdean. The AMEX is the same but if we helped and sung with the NWC more the atmosphere would improve

Agreed. I don't like this song at all, but that doesn't matter, I'll still sing it, not everyone is going to like all the songs we sing. It doesn't actually matter what is sing, we just want as many people as possible singing it. But this bizarre 'us and them' attitude divides the stand and ruins the atmosphere.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Forest crowd summed it up for me perfectly - they have a really really really crap song to run out to written by somebody born in Liverpool about an Island in Scotland BUT when the music stopped and the crowd sung it sounded fantastic, just imagine what it would sound like if we all sung OUR song about OUR county at the start of each half. First two verses with the right words is all that's needed, it could then drop into the pathetic see how fast we can sing version, I could live with that, but all the majority of fans want to do is moan about everybody else like they are in their primary school playground.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The Forest crowd summed it up for me perfectly - they have a really really really crap song to run out to written by somebody born in Liverpool about an Island in Scotland BUT when the music stopped and the crowd sung it sounded fantastic, just imagine what it would sound like if we all sung OUR song about OUR county at the start of each half.

Yeah but you are forgetting that some people get embarrassed and it makes them cringe.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012

How many more times , one side cannot hear the other and vice versa . It has nothing to do with arrogance or we are better than them etc , it is purely accoustics. :facepalm:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How many more times , one side cannot hear the other and vice versa . It has nothing to do with arrogance or we are better than them etc , it is purely accoustics. :facepalm:

Bollocks. I stand about six seats along from them and I can hear the left side when they start singing. That simply isn't true.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
And yet I occasionally switch from WSU to NS, have sat the side nearer to the east, plum central and nearer the police box, and I've heard every song in every seat. Both "sides" of the north are as bad as each other for competing and refusing to join in with the other, because you can definitely hear each others' songs - I could. From WSU I'm in a good block where there are quite a lot of willing singers, but with >12000 fans in the west in 3 tiers, it's impossible to coordinate. If the north leads, the rest WILL follow - games like Leeds, Palace & Burnley have proven the Amex can be deafening when united. Away at brentford this song sounded great and the whole terrace was bouncing because everyone joined in. We're not far from that at the Amex if fellow fans could just stop their petty bickering and one-upsmanship and just join in as one and "lead" the rest of the crowd.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
The Derby fans sang their , since I was young song last year in the playoffs against us and it sounded amazing. If we can get this song going, it wll sound so good in the Amex. Ill be joining in tomorrow

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Funny that all the usual suspects who have posted negative comments about this group of people before have now posted on this thread with more negative comments, like I said in my earlier post some fans have an agenda with these people and it's ridiculous
They don't come on here running people down and slagging off people for starting chants, maybe some of you need to look at yourselves and realise you could be the oiks & Helmets :smile:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Funny that all the usual suspects who have posted negative comments about this group of people before have now posted on this thread with more negative comments, like I said in my earlier post some fans have an agenda with these people and it's ridiculous
They don't come on here running people down and slagging off people for starting chants, maybe some of you need to look at yourselves and realise you could be the oiks & Helmets :smile:

Who's the HELMETS??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here