Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Done UKIP.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They don't ignore it, as much as bend the rules, and that's what we should do.

For example, EU regulations stipulate no state subsidy for car manufacturers. What do the French do? They subsidise their firms that produce car PARTS. BSE crisis in England? Excellent, we'll ban their meat for a "reasonable" length of time on "health" grounds, despite it being proven that are no links to human deaths.
exactly.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm not sure that immigration is the main problem in the UK but it seems fairly clear from UKIP's recent profile that people are unhappy with the recent government's treatment of the population. How does anyone go about trying to determine the true cause of unrest when we have successive governments that are clearly only acting in their own self interests? What a mess.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
IE be more like France !! One area where you can't fault their government is that it puts France and French interests first, every time, and they tend to ignore legislation that doesn't suit.

And where that government don't do that necessary the farmers blockade the ports and force change.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's all about opinions, and I'm sorry fella but in my view you started off name calling in response to some mildly aggressive counter points. The number of times where bushy puts coherent counter-points forward that then go ignored by opposing intelligentsia on here is laughable.

Just because I refuse to engage with bushy doesn't mean that I have refused to engage with others. I have done so quite happily. I'm afraid bushy and his pal DR deserve to be given a bit of the same treatment they dish out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've seen that article GB, its heavily slanted in typical bbc fashion to make look like people cashing in rather than simple white flight.

The funny thing is that after the results of the Euro Elections were announced "liberal metropolitan" comments on sites like twitter and The Guardian were all blaming the BBC for giving Farage too much publicity! I have a long held admiration for the BBC because they annoy everyone - generally a sign that they are in fact neutral.

I don't dispute for a minute there are two sides to the story but there ARE two. I have worked in two offices in the last year in very different areas. Reigate in leafy Surrey and Tower Hamlets (E14 - permanently for last two months but visited once or twice a week for last six years).

I like the Tower Hamlets office. It's a relatively easy commute. I walk to either the DLR or Canary Wharf with a laptop in my rucksack every day. There's a cafe at the bottom of our building that has been transformed by a family of hard working Romanians and, contrary to some reports, I have never seen a female shop worker forced to wear a hijab. What's more thee rent is cheap but it is very convenient for our clients and prospects in the City.

However - I wouldn't live there. And, yes, that's partly to do with the ethnic makeup. Why would I pay £400,000 for an ex council house in an area with high crime and poor schools and where I would be in the minority? It doesn't make sense for me on any level. However I would happily live in other parts of London including some near by. I have friends in Greenwich, Forest Hill and Dulwich in the South who are white British and love it. My mum lives in North London and I like that too - I just couldn't afford it!

The Reigate office has had a number of people who started as contractors and went permanent. When they contracted they travelled from London but they have since settled in the East Surrey area. They haven't "fled". They've come from white communities like Wimbledon where they will be replaced by other young white British professionals. Also Aussies, Kiwis, Americans, white Europeans and rich Russians none of whom are technically "White British" and therefore dilute the mix.

I wouldn't live in Reigate either btw. Too little property for your money, the world's most annoying train station and full of the Palace!

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Reigate office has had a number of people who started as contractors and went permanent. When they contracted they travelled from London but they have since settled in the East Surrey area. They haven't "fled". They've come from white communities like Wimbledon where they will be replaced by other young white British professionals. Also Aussies, Kiwis, Americans, white Europeans and rich Russians none of whom are technically "White British" and therefore dilute the mix.

I wouldn't live in Reigate either btw. Too little property for your money, the world's most annoying train station and full of the Palace!

What IDIOT would move to Reigate from Wimbledon.

Oh. :blush:

You're not wrong about the train station, and I say that despite living a 7 minute walk away. But no way is it full of Palace - it's mostly Chelsea!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The funny thing is that after the results of the Euro Elections were announced "liberal metropolitan" comments on sites like twitter and The Guardian were all blaming the BBC for giving Farage too much publicity! I have a long held admiration for the BBC because they annoy everyone - generally a sign that they are in fact neutral.

I don't dispute for a minute there are two sides to the story but there ARE two. I have worked in two offices in the last year in very different areas. Reigate in leafy Surrey and Tower Hamlets (E14 - permanently for last two months but visited once or twice a week for last six years).

I like the Tower Hamlets office. It's a relatively easy commute. I walk to either the DLR or Canary Wharf with a laptop in my rucksack every day. There's a cafe at the bottom of our building that has been transformed by a family of hard working Romanians and, contrary to some reports, I have never seen a female shop worker forced to wear a hijab. What's more thee rent is cheap but it is very convenient for our clients and prospects in the City.

However - I wouldn't live there. And, yes, that's partly to do with the ethnic makeup. Why would I pay £400,000 for an ex council house in an area with high crime and poor schools and where I would be in the minority? It doesn't make sense for me on any level. However I would happily live in other parts of London including some near by. I have friends in Greenwich, Forest Hill and Dulwich in the South who are white British and love it. My mum lives in North London and I like that too - I just couldn't afford it!

Dont tell simster what you think of reigate !! A very fairvpost from you in my opinion, you were very honest about some of the reasons why you wouldn't live in tower hamlets, just think of the white British who have lived there all their lives and have seen the area change but have no choice whether they live there , usually financial constrictions, these are the people at the bottom of the pile, usually in the lowest paid employment , who then see themselves further undercut by immigrants willing to do the jobs for less money, and to add insult to injury they are then told how thick and stupid they are by people who live in Sussex, if only they would realise the benefits of multiculturalism .

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Can't stand these types of articles. I blame this all on a lack of integration. Been there, done that and was left with the feeling that I didn't belong anymore. Made me feel uncomfortable.

if you made more than 10p on your house apparently you are 'cashing in'. selling your house in london at more than it was worth! Just imagine. There cannot therefore be ANY other factors in your decision to move. again, cynical stuff to deny the truth from the BBC.

I know countless people who have moved out of SE London in the last ten years and pretty much every one will give you the same reason why and that wont be for the fresh air or the equity.

its this constant denial and refusal to accept an unpalatable truth from the political and media establishment that simply pushes up the UKIP vote.

D

Deleted member 22389

if you made more than 10p on your house apparently you are 'cashing in'. selling your house in london at more than it was worth! Just imagine. There cannot therefore be ANY other factors in your decision to move. again, cynical stuff to deny the truth from the BBC.

I know countless people who have moved out of SE London in the last ten years and pretty much every one will give you the same reason why and that wont be for the fresh air or the equity.

its this constant denial and refusal to accept an unpalatable truth from the political and media establishment that simply pushes up the UKIP vote.

That's the issue. The unpalatable truth is that many people have arrived in this country penniless, unable to speak the langauge and are unable to integrate properly because of their culture and religion, most have ended up in closed off communities and just basically carried on where the left off. I found that out myself.

And whilst our governments and other people kept shouting down people for telling the truth, they would keep telling everyone else how rich and diverse everything was. I'm sorry but I saw the opposite.

Not the fault of the people, fault of the governments for just letting people stroll in.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
That's the issue. The unpalatable truth is that many people have arrived in this country penniless, unable to speak the langauge and are unable to integrate properly because of their culture and religion, most have ended up in closed off communities and just basically carried on where the left off. I found that out myself.

And whilst our governments and other people kept shouting down people for telling the truth, they would keep telling everyone else how rich and diverse everything was. I'm sorry but I saw the opposite.

Not the fault of the people, fault of the governments for just letting people stroll in.

telling people to shut up about it and everythings fine, you are just being silly, is far cheaper and less hard work than actually having a plan.

In the BBC article yesterday praising London to the skies as one of the six 'globally connected' cities (to highlight its sophistication and global nature versus the knuckle dragging provinces), it singularly failed to do an assessment of its accesibility in terms of visas, work permits, health checks and its percentage of illegal workers, compared to the other five (Not to mention the population management policies and governmental level discussions on such things conducted by the others).

It would have been great if they had have done.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

All the while that multi-culturalism is just about encouraging people to express their own identities and their own culture rather than bringing cultures together then we are going to see separatism emerge, and that's not a good thing surely. Separatism is only going to breed mistrust. It's surely accepted that strategies to integrate cultures have failed and need addressing. Trouble is, we are where we are.

What's the start point? Education probably and the next generation of Brits.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
All the while that multi-culturalism is just about encouraging people to express their own identities and their own culture rather than bringing cultures together then we are going to see separatism emerge, and that's not a good thing surely. Separatism is only going to breed mistrust. It's surely accepted that strategies to integrate cultures have failed and need addressing. Trouble is, we are where we are.

there werent any. Thats why multiculturalism became the de facto official term for the non-policies.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It's all about opinions, and I'm sorry fella but in my view you started off name calling in response to some mildly aggressive counter points. The number of times where bushy puts coherent counter-points forward that then go ignored by opposing intelligentsia on here is laughable.

Bushy's problem is he' so aggressive most of the time that some people automatically take a defensive line.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Here's a radical thought , how about considering that some or all of the white British in poor areas might not WANT their f***ing cultures 'integrated' or 'brought together' with another one , have you seen the 'culture' that Bangladeshis bring with them from rural sylhet, or puntland in somalia ? I have first bloody hand, and there's not a lot there I'd want to bring into my family Ican tell you , its a bit sodding different from getting a 'wonderful recipe for focaccia ' from the lovely Italian family next door, your arrogance in deciding that cultures need to be merged or integrated , which is something we've NEVER been asked about is astonishing, its only compounded by the fact your location means you are virtually unaffected by the very policies you endorse.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As if on cue. [MENTION=14008]Scampi[/MENTION] made the point and [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] obliges.

Any comment [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] ?

It's hard to enter into reasoned debate with the chap.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
As if on cue. [MENTION=14008]Scampi[/MENTION] made the point and [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] obliges.

Any comment [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] ?

It's hard to enter into reasoned debate with the chap.
yes , keep squealing that I'm too 'aggressive' , its a lot easier than actually responding , fancy answering any of my points ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here