Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

I think CH's policy of bringing on Crofts to shore things up is a bit risky. OK it worked tonight but if we bring him on when we are only one nil up and the other team score,then the momentum is with them. If they equalise then usually the most we can get is a draw as we don't seem to be able to revwert to the attack to win 2-1.

Bring him on if we are 2-0 up by all means but at 1 -0 it does seem a bit negative.

But what do I know, he's the expert, not me.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I still can't believe how POOR Brentford were tonight, almost gave us the 3 points and now we can sit back smoke a big FAT one and watch all the other teams SCRAP for points tomorrow

Are you going to be smoking a big fat SAUSAGE ERNREST.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Have to beat Bolton at home to cement this play off spot, now as far from the top as we are from the play offs after assuming boro or hull will get some points with game in hand

Depends on how you look at it - we are as far off the top as we are from 7th, but we are only 2pts from the auto spots...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think CH's policy of bringing on Crofts to shore things up is a bit risky. OK it worked tonight but if we bring him on when we are only one nil up and the other team score,then the momentum is with them. If they equalise then usually the most we can get is a draw as we don't seem to be able to revwert to the attack to win 2-1.

Bring him on if we are 2-0 up by all means but at 1 -0 it does seem a bit negative.

But what do I know, he's the expert, not me.

I do sort of agree, but I think Crofts is a very player and Chris knows him inside out. Crofts for some reason is not that popular on here but he has an important role to play in our squad and he does it well.
Interestingly, Crofts was always capable of popping up to score important goals but Chris sees him as an out and out defensive midfielder, Dunk under Sammi was our top goal scorer, but Sammi, who was almost an attacking defender was always popping up and scoring from defence for Liverpool, but under Chris, who was just a very good defender, he rarely ventures forward like he used to.
It seems that when players become managers they set up there teams the way they and their teams used to play.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That's the second time I have seen this factually incorrect statement tonight. We are 3 points from top and 6 points above 7th... why do people see the need to run us down incorrectly?

To be fair, i've had a few and cant be arsed to look at the table - I just know we are 2 points from the autos.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just back from the match with my daughter. Times are tough and with the average game running at just over £100 for the pair of us with petrol, grub and just the one Harvey's, I don't get to go more than once or twice a season. Here's the thing though. My daughter has been to see us five times. So far she's had three wins and two draws. Never seen a loss. I might have to break the bank and ensure she makes every match on the run in.

:)

Superb night. Superb match. Amex rocking. Can't wait to get back for more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So have you asked him about Murray?

I was told tonight and I must say I dont know if it was a wind up because it was me and my left back thing that this Murray rumour is just that with no foundation but we are signing a young left back on loan from Southampton when the window opens. This apparently cam e from a Southampton scout but as I say it could be a wind up and fed to me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was told tonight and I must say I dont know if it was a wind up because it was me and my left back thing that this Murray rumour is just that with no foundation but we are signing a young left back on loan from Southampton when the window opens. This apparently came from a Southampton scout but as I say it could be a wind up and fed to me.

Is this who you want?

Matthew Robert Targett
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Targett_(footballer)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here