Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I meant at the time. They clearly didn't think he'd make it anytime soon and they were operating in a different market to Everton. Remember he was also being overlooked for Belgium so they weren't alone in having their doubts.

I'm being persistent: apologies. He's got 40+ caps already, so was he really being overlooked by Belgium? I'm just of the view that, increasingly, out-and-out forwards of quality are getting rarer, hence their value rises accordingly (and they're already playing in the most valuable position), and -- Lewandowski aside (I'll give you Aguero and Suarez too, although they're slightly different players) -- there aren't too many better than him.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I'm being persistent: apologies. He's got 40+ caps already, so was he really being overlooked by Belgium? I'm just of the view that, increasingly, out-and-out forwards of quality are getting rarer, hence their value rises accordingly (and they're already playing in the most valuable position), and -- Lewandowski aside (I'll give you Aguero and Suarez too, although they're slightly different players) -- there aren't too many better than him.

Overlooked is maybe the wrong word but he was not starting, Origi was. Remember we are talking about the time when Chelsea opted to let him go, not what he has done subsequently. You are right though, there aren't many of his type around these days though Chelsea themselves have a better one in Costa (in my opinion.) The one that would suit English football but went to Milan instead is Carlos Bacca, he is a bloody handful. There's also Jackson Martinez who is a slightly different type. It hasn't gone well for him in Spain so any of the Prem's top clubs really should be trying very hard to get him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Football Rumours saying we will sign Dagenham & Redbridge 18 year old winger Jodi Jones before weekend after having been chasing him for some time. Also McCormack has put in transfer request.to Fulham and wants to go to Middlesbro. Have to wait and see if either is true.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Football Rumours saying we will sign Dagenham & Redbridge 18 year old winger Jodi Jones before weekend after having been chasing him for some time. Also McCormack has put in transfer request.to Fulham and wants to go to Middlesbro. Have to wait and see if either is true.

McCormack has had his transfer request refused. I posted the tweet elsewhere on Nsc about an hour ago.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Work has been too hectic to keep up to date this week - it doesn't look like there are any clear leads on the last few pages of this though. Hopefully some news from the club in the next few days!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So, what does he know ?

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/693128530415239168

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 17m17 minutes ago
Expecting further first team squad/development squad movement in and out by the time I return to work next week. #bhafc

I'd take a guess that our Dutch contingent may very well be back in the land of clogs come Feb. I also suspect that there are a number of options being explored in regards to a new striker with GM to be pursued from Tuesday if those options fail to come through.

Possible outs:
Holla
Elvis
Ince (loan)
Rea (loan)

Possible ins:
Replacement for Chicksen
Replacement for Elvis
Star Striker

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After his recent anti club outburst I would think Manu's days are numbered obviously the fee we paid would be a consideration.
And another consideration is the fact that as he has already played for Feyenoord this season - similar to Murray - can only go out on 93 day loan, or be sold back to Feyenoord.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And another consideration is the fact that as he has already played for Feyenoord this season - similar to Murray - can only go out on 93 day loan, or be sold back to Feyenoord.

I wouldnt be against either as he has not been a hit with us so far. How long do you give players to settle and how many can you have on top wages?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leicester Remy bid accepted ???

Will they have to lose a striker from the 25 man squad ? ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Jordan Rhodes has reportedly left the Blackburn team hotel for transfer talks with Middlesboro.
They are really throwing the kitchen sink at promotion. Serious money spent and showing the principles of FFP to be ridiculously flawed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here