Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I do not think that we will sign or need a full back who is better than Bong but better than Chicksen and Calderon so we dont have to move LR over as I think that it is possible he will be needed at right back or right midfield in the run in.

Although if we have LuaLua and Knockaert firing on all cylinders as wide midfielders/wingers, with goals in them, in a 442 set-up, I think we could well spare Rosenior to play left back if needed. After all, he is pretty good a it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor reckons this window will still see some more INS and OUTS for us.

He suggests a striker and the norway winger in, and possible outs for Chicksen, Holla, and Rea.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Possibly, that's where we signed him from after all. Could wages be an issue though?
If he's on 7k a week, then with around 80 weeks left on his contract, that's a settlement of 560k +.

Maybe we'd give him 250k to leave, and with a signing on fee, new wages, and a longer contract elsewhere he may be tempted.

A deal could be done.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'm sure I saw somewhere online that Holla had been released by mutual consent yesterday.

Was I dreaming or was it wrong?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he's on 7k a week, then with around 80 weeks left on his contract, that's a settlement of 560k +.

Maybe we'd give him 250k to leave, and with a signing on fee, new wages, and a longer contract elsewhere he may be tempted.

A deal could be done.

That seems a lot of money perhaps we could let him go and pay some of his wages to make it up from what he is offered as Spurs are doing with apparently.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Sorry BG you get a lot of uncalled for grief on here, and I actually agree with you over wanting a left back in as cover. . . but Joel Lynch. . .he looks awful every time I see him - I would rather Calderon or Chicksen to him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That seems a lot of money perhaps we could let him go and pay some of his wages to make it up from what he is offered as Spurs are doing with apparently.
Yes, the figures are picked out of the air, no doubt too high, but the real point is a deal could be done to save us money, and to Danny's advantage.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry BG you get a lot of uncalled for grief on here, and I actually agree with you over wanting a left back in as cover. . . but Joel Lynch. . .he looks awful every time I see him - I would rather Calderon or Chicksen to him.

It was only a suggestion for discussion and you have made your view known but not sure that I agree.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Any minute now someone is going to suggest signing Dan Harding as left back cover. Wouldn't imagine Eastleigh would demand too much more than a set of new kit for him though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Any minute now someone is going to suggest signing Dan Harding as left back cover. Wouldn't imagine Eastleigh would demand too much more than a set of new kit for him though.

Already been done earlier still a probable improvement on Chicksen.and Calderon as left back. He apparently turned down offers from a Championship club and Portsmouth to be at home with his family.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Surely Ince and Holla will be looking for loans.

Ince is still a brilliant prospect. I think he'd do well alongside Sidwell as Steve is 33 and can't perform as a box to box player like Stephens & Kayal can anymore. Steven can direct Rohan on pitch while the youngster does the running.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ince is still a brilliant prospect. I think he'd do well alongside Sidwell as Steve is 33 and can't perform as a box to box player like Stephens & Kayal can anymore. Steven can direct Rohan on pitch while the youngster does the running.

Im going to say Ince and Caskey will never play for us again.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Already been done earlier still a probable improvement on Chicksen.and Calderon as left back. He apparently turned down offers from a Championship club and Portsmouth to be at home with his family.

I know that a few Albion fans have trouble with him, but still only 32, and a sad loss to the full time game in my opinion. Apart from the extra travelling involved, surely he could have remained with his family and played for Portsmouth.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm sure I saw somewhere online that Holla had been released by mutual consent yesterday.

Was I dreaming or was it wrong?

Nope I saw it on twitter too - can't recall the account - some independent football one I think. I posted this last night - Surely there's some truth in it otherwise it's a random thing to make up?!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

He'd be in tears if he had to play Birmingham and face Buckley again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here