Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How were the Wet Sham fans?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But it didn't used to be before they moved away from Upton Park - is that fair?

Very, though it feels like the client base has changed.

30k passionate fans at Upton Park, is a lot different to a 52k combination of fans and tourists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It was very generous of the West Ham fans to leave before the penalty (the ground emptied before Murray had even taken it!). The journey back to Stratford station and to catch the tube was pretty easy as there were no crowds at all. Must be a nightmare to get to the station when everyone leaves en mass at the end of a game.

West Ham fans were penned back at entrance to station while we sauntered past. A couple of Hammers fans not best pleased, rattling the fencing [emoji23]

Took me 30 mins to walk home. Lovely [emoji106]

Jan 30, 2008
We were right on the end of the row half way up the top tier adjacent to their fans, at the start they were just vile, where on earth do they come from? Hilarious though, no one really seemed to care about their crap. Eventually Mother Liz, who was sitting a few rows in front, called for the police and as soon as they arrived with their cameras the Neanderthals piped down and grumbled away quietly to themselves till about 70 minutes then ****ed off.
Costa screaming for a policeman .............. NEVER, does more harm than good :nono::nono::nono:
regards
DR

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I have to say I really fear for West Ham if they ever go down. That stadium will be shockingly bad with 30,000 or less in it in the Championship and its very unhealthy to find yourself in a position like when you don't own your own ground. Could be a very slippery slope.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I couldn't go, but I'm interested to know what they were like, particularly after the game when we'd stuffed 'em. Any hassle? :rant:

Absolute morgue the whole way through, apart from the magnificent Albion fans. I was in a West Ham section and managed to keep it together for the first goal. Let myself down a bit with the 2nd and 3rd though - you can't help but give it some on occasions! Expected a bit of comeback but nobody seemed bothered. They were too depressed to respond I think...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Very strange having the Albion fans in the two tiers so far apart. Great stadium, for athletics, not for football. If they we're to go down it would be half empty evert week.

Thought the Albion fans were excellent, West Ham fans quiet throughout.

Usual homophobic stuff outside afterwards.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The West Ham fans at about 10 minutes left to play (it got a lot emptier than this before the final whistle) - attendance was 56,977

Don't think anyone can really complain about our early leavers anymore after seeing this

Attachments

• WP_20171020_21_44_17_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171020_21_44_17_Pro.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 606
  • WP_20171020_21_43_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171020_21_43_43_Pro.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 602
  • WP_20171020_21_44_09_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171020_21_44_09_Pro.jpg
    622.2 KB · Views: 603

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
We were right on the end of the row half way up the top tier adjacent to their fans, at the start they were just vile, where on earth do they come from? Hilarious though, no one really seemed to care about their crap. Eventually Mother Liz, who was sitting a few rows in front, called for the police and as soon as they arrived with their cameras the Neanderthals piped down and grumbled away quietly to themselves till about 70 minutes then ****ed off.

Opportunities like last night to lord it over crap opposition with gobby fans will be rare this season. I hope you gave some back!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have to say I really fear for West Ham if they ever go down. That stadium will be shockingly bad with 30,000 or less in it in the Championship and its very unhealthy to find yourself in a position like when you don't own your own ground. Could be a very slippery slope.
Good riddance [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Opportunities like last night to lord it over crap opposition with gobby fans will be rare this season. I hope you gave some back!
Oh barrel loads, I hardly watched the game tbf..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I was sitting in the West Ham fans (a mate of mine from work is a season ticket holder & had a spare ticket) so I had the full experience - travelling with them to & from the game. The overriding sentiment throughout, and even before the game, was that the team just aren't playing for the manager anymore and, even with the expensive signings they've made (e.g. Arnautovic), there's just absolutely no game plan. Most feel that Bilic has to go, but they can't think of a single manager who would probably want the job, so there's not many other options out there.

There was plenty of very loud and vocal moaning throughout the game, and 2 fans squaring up to each other for a good 4 or 5 minutes after Murray's first goal. Most feel that this is the worst that they've seen WH play for years and Brighton were nothing special, which just adds to their disgust at their own poor performance. As soon as Murray's penalty was given, that triggered the walk-out amongst most fans - so a majority didn't stick around to see if he scored it or not.

Marvellous scenes, indeed.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Stood pretty much bang middle of upper tier and thought we were decent, but then we have home and away in every game I've been to so far. West ham fans on twitter saying we're the best to visit so far this season.

That place just lacks everything that is good about a proper footie ground. Cannot believe there were groups of BHA walking to and from the station, which is 15 minutes, screaming albion songs with little attention from West Ham....you'd never get away with that around Upton. Saw one little shite shake a fence on way back and that was it.

Driver8

On the road...
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The West Ham fans at about 10 minutes left to play (it got a lot emptier than this before the final whistle) - attendance was 56,977

Don't think anyone can really complain about our early leavers anymore after seeing this

Bloody hell. Hope you took your binos.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003

The group [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] refers to were on the left side of the top tier, and spent the first ten minutes of the game making limp wrist gestures, shouting "f*g**ts" and attempting to get "Does your boyfriend" going. Absolute bunch of Grade A weapons. They looked very proud of themselves for such wit, until somebody (not Liz Costa actually) politely pointed out to the stewards (you know: the ones who were standing right next to them :rolleyes: ) that perhaps such behaviour might be somewhat in contravention of (a) the ground regulations (b) the law and (c) all semblance of human decency.

A minute or so later, a group of police arrived, as did Murray's first goal, which- curiously- seemed to signal the end of their gobshitery (though not until after they'd all hissed "snake" at the guy who complained :lol: ).

Fair to say that those of us near enough to them to have endured their idiocy made sure we celebrated (each of) our goals to the absolute max, right in their faces :lol:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I was in row 72 of the top tier I.e. the back. The view was OK but difficult to make our some of the players at times. Thought Brighton fans were pretty good volume wise. I don't think you can compare WHU fans with Arsenal , the former would be very noisy if they were winning.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Looked like something kicked off around the directors box area (middle tier behind the dugouts after Murray’s pen). Other than that, not much noise, and by 80 mins I reckon at least 50% had gone. On the plus side, meant we got straight on the train when we got back Stratford [emoji23][emoji23]

Our support was brilliant. What a night.

Maybe that's what we are doing wrong at the Amex. Many of us moan about people leaving early to beat the rush but maybe we need to encourage more people to leave even earlier, then we can all be back in Brighton by 5.10pm. Sorted

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Bloody hell. Hope you took your binos.

I wish it was a deliberate decision to photograph it that way to try to get all the stands in and show just how empty it was, but it's simply my that phone's camera is rubbish and no longer zooms in (but we were a long way back to start with)

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Jamie Carragah “the only reason those West Ham fans are staying is that they can boo it the end” quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here