Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we drop into the bottom 3 again at any point this season?

Will we drop back into bottom three at any point this season

• No

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • Yes (stay up)

Votes: 61 58.7%
  • Yes (go down)

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I honestly don't think we will. Our next few games should enable us to pull away from the bottom 3 and although I expect us to finish somewhere between 14th & 16th I don't expect an end of season nail bitter. 40 points by early April

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What happens with Chris teams is that when they have a real stinker of a match and they have quite a few. He batters into them and it gets turns around pretty quickly - I think you have heard Liam Rossenior say openly that he has his moments when he isn't exactly Mr Nice guy, if people are not doing what they should be doing on the pitch. If points are needed in those final matches to stay up he will get them.

I'm not denying or downgrading CH's qualities as a manager, but however good he is there are some matches we are going to lose this season - and those final five games look like very difficult ones to get anything out of.
Besides, realistically it's a near certainty that every team in this league, barring maybe the top 5 or 6, will have a blip at some point in the season. In fact you could almost go as far as to say that any team which doesn't have a blip at any time is quite likely to end up in the Europa League!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
We've spent just the one week in the relegation zone so far this season - do you think we'll drop back into it at any point this season, even if just for a day?

After last weeks draw I thought there was a shot we could drop back into it today, now I'm thinking we'll keep our heads clear for quite some time
yeah ,tempt fate mate , why not , it’s always a good idea....

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Looking promising but we do need to have most of the points on the board before the tricky run in at the end of the season.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It is interesting looking at previous halfway stage tables/Christmas time, generally the bottom teams have struggled to get into double figures. Even 12 points in our next 12 games will see us in a good position for the second half of the season. Barring serious injuries we should keep out of the bottom 3 but the bottom 10 teams are always in a relegation battle of sorts.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
We've spent just the one week in the relegation zone so far this season - do you think we'll drop back into it at any point this season, even if just for a day?

After last weeks draw I thought there was a shot we could drop back into it today, now I'm thinking we'll keep our heads clear for quite some time
ask me again in May ... will be less likely if we can beat Southampton at home !!

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Easy tiger.

Depending on results we could only be 2 or 3 points outside the dropzone after this round of fixtures, and that's not a big buffer at all.

I still keep looking at the table and thinking "what if?" with the Everton game.

And the Watford game and the Bournemouth game... don't think we have picked up any undeserved points yet, but have certainly dropped some we shouldn't have.

Hopefully that situation will even itself out over the course of the season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last edited:

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
The Oct 2016 table after 9 games. Swansea escaped and Boro went down but only two points above.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ults-scores-and-2016-premier-league-standings

I think goal difference will play a big part this season.

Blimey - that didn't change much at the bottom between 9 games and the end of the season! Same again this season would be fine!

Similar stats from 15/16 season.

Villa (4 points) and Newcastle (6 points) both in bottom 3 after 9 games, Norwich were in 16th on 9 points, all three went down.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This poll was posted in October. Well we still haven't dropped back into it.

58% of people thought that we WOULD drop back in, but stay UP. So why all the bed-wetting now, clearly most of you thought we would drop back into the bottom 3 at some point so isn't the narrowing of the gap exactly what was expected?

A bit frustrating really - the team does better than expected and its STILL not good enough for many of you

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we will be in the bottom 3 this time next week unless of course we do the unexpected against Chelsea. Our saving grace could be Tottenham playing at Southampton or United beating Stoke this evening.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Defeat at Stoke will send us into the bottom 3 if we are not there already.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've not changed my opinion from a couple of months ago: fall into the bottom three? Yes. Get relegated? No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here