Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong

Jim in the West

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
agree Bong surprised me tonight but Suttner had a great game against Everton and was surprised he was dropped. nice problem to have i guess. Bit like March and Jose now.

Me too - I was really impressed by Suttner against Everton and was amazed he was dropped. The difference between Bong last night, and (say) the Bong at Charlton 18 months ago is incredible.

I would also have dropped Glenn and started with Izzy Brown...thank God Chris is the manager and not me!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I thought he was a tad shaky to start with*, but settled well and controlled Antonio.

*this might be due to me being a million miles away in the stand.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Whilst we're on the subject, have you asked him about Jlloyd Samuel yet for me?

LOL LOL LOL - I don't recall the question but I am coming down for next weeks match, will try and remember to ask then. Unless it was the sort of question that [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] would ask about left backs. On the subject of BG. Surprised he is not all over this thread like a rash as he is always claiming that Bong is best left back at the club

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
LOL LOL LOL - I don't recall the question but I am coming down for next weeks match, will try and remember to ask then. Unless it was the sort of question that [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] would ask about left backs. On the subject of BG. Surprised he is not all over this thread like a rash as he is always claiming that Bong is best left back at the club

I am leaving it to those who are quick to criticise to eat their words. I still think Bong is the best left back at the club but there isnt much between him and Suttner and the competition is raising the game for both when they are picked. As regards J Lloyd Samuel that was a suggestion as an emergency short term signing 3 months at the most, to get us out of trouble for a few weeks rather than a permanent signing as was Matt Derbyshire when we were stretched with playing resources. Unfortunately people never let you forget such a suggestion , which they dont agree with, but I am broad shouldered

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Looking at the subs bench, it has a sense of strength also

18Goldson
20March
21Schelotto
26Krul
29Suttner
37Brown
49Molumby

and you can add Baldock,Hemed and Kayal to that... Did anyone see how pleased Schelotto looked when he cam on for the last 10 minutes or so? He has also Tweeted same.

Augurs well

TNBA

TTF

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Looking at the subs bench, it has a sense of strength also

18Goldson
20March
21Schelotto
26Krul
29Suttner
37Brown
49Molumby

and you can add Baldock,Hemed and Kayal to that... Did anyone see how pleased Schelotto looked when he cam on for the last 10 minutes or so? He has also Tweeted same.

Augurs well

TNBA

TTF

....and Sidwell

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am leaving it to those who are quick to criticise to eat their words. I still think Bong is the best left back at the club but there isnt much between him and Suttner and the competition is raising the game for both when they are picked. As regards J Lloyd Samuel that was a suggestion as an emergency short term signing 3 months at the most, to get us out of trouble for a few weeks rather than a permanent signing as was Matt Derbyshire when we were stretched with playing resources. Unfortunately people never let you forget such a suggestion , which they dont agree with, but I am broad shouldered

I think it's all in jest and quite affectionately done by many BG - On my part it is anyhow. I also agree with you about Bong and Chris likes him too

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

COme on BG it's just BANTZ bruv - we all enjoy your player suggestions - they're always remembered :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know that is true with the vast majority but I can think of at least one that it isnt with. Every pot is always followed by:moo:

You're comedy value BG - I don't think anyone really means it :thunbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Murray/Dunk/Duffy/Izquierdo will obviously get most of the praise tonight but thought Gaetan Bong was excellent. Looked comfortable on the ball, couple of good runs forward and coped with Antonio really well. Great to have two quality left backs competing for a first team slot

Well said that man, :clap2::clap2::clap2: Bong was immense, he worked so well with Izquierdo a good understanding could form here.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do you think Bong played ok today?

A fan in section D of the north stand, was fuming with Bong for the entire ninety minutes. Calling for Bong the :wanker: to be hauled off.

Then on Radio Sussex about ten minutes after full time, the first fan they spoke to, angrily wanted "Bong out. A shocking performance"

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012

A fan in section D of the north stand, was fuming with Bong for the entire ninety minutes. Calling for Bong the :wanker: to be hauled off.

Then on Radio Sussex about ten minutes after full time, the first fan they spoke to, angrily wanted "Bong out. A shocking performance"
Yes he played well. Let's start a thread saying if any of the other 10 players who played today, played well or not. Gets boring picking on players. Leave the bloke alone ridiculous.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

I thought Bong was shocking at times in the first half today. Played a lot better in the second (as did others).

Suttner was outstanding against Everton and yet hasn't played since.

Although I find this bewildering, I will also be the first the admit that Chris Hughton knows far more about full-backs than I ever will so I'll just leave to him I guess..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here