Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CheeseRolls

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Well,anything to do with the entertainment industry is scary.That's the tax lawyer that has cost players and ex-players millions of pounds with his dodgy tax-avoidance scheme in the film industry.

alledgedly

Providing legal representation to anyone, does not represent tacit approval of their actions, the efficacy of their case or a financial stake in their business interests. Otherwise no one accused of murder or bank robbery would ever be represented legally.

You don't half spout some guff.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ah,but it's my guff,and I spout it in a Brexitly manner!If you are an honest lawyer,I tip my hat to you-almost as rare as an honest banker.As it's Friday,I will introduce a bit of silliness.My old workmate,Sebastien,came here to avoid conscription in 2006.I know Poland have currently scrapped it,but with the Germans likely to be running the EU Army,would the remainers be happy with conscription for their kids/grandkids?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That dopey lawyer-wasn't he the one launching a new political party,Spring?Oh,and he crowd-funded a challenge to Brexit through the Irish courts-wonder if he returned any donations????:lolol:

CheeseRolls

Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Must be struggling to find negativity if rehashing stories from back in March is the best you/he can do. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...esa-may-eu-referendum-exclusive-a7624706.html. Remind me again what HM Treasury forecast we would be going through now?

He is also taking the government to court to reveal the outputs of the 50 impact assessment our government commissioned using our money, but is refusing to publish. Nothing for you to worry about really, just a load of stuff from experts to be brushed aside.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He is also taking the government to court to reveal the outputs of the 50 impact assessment our government commissioned using our money, but is refusing to publish. Nothing for you to worry about really, just a load of stuff from experts to be brushed aside.

Wonder who's paying for that,then?Looking back through his posts,I can see why normal people think Twitter is for Twats!

CheeseRolls

Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Wonder who's paying for that,then?Looking back through his posts,I can see why normal people think Twitter is for Twats!

It has been crowd sourced. If you look through his twitter feed, you will find the links to the donation site and you can look through that for conspiracy theories.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

He's just another Remain member of Team EU then. Revealing numerous confidential assessments by HMG that can affect ongoing negotiations ... brilliant. Hope he's paying out of his own pocket ... yeah right.

I respect facts, evidence and take seriously reports and forecasts from organisations that have a proven track record in getting it right. Whereas others wave the 'expert' flag as long as it chimes with their opinion and don't give a monkeys about their back catalogue of failures . Remind me again what HM Treasury forecast we would be going through now?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
And of course there are many of the enlightened on here who think that is the right thing to do. And to pass over to the toffs like Jacob Rees-Mogg so they can take us back to the 19th.

It's what he and some of the others are hoping for - no deal and go back to Miss Marple Britain of the 1930's. You've only got to look at the Duncan-Smithism of Universal Credit to see what they're going to do to the welfare state.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
of course i dont know the body you refer to as you didnt say, and i made a generic point, that i dont believe there is a field in which there is no nationally based regulation. i stand to be corrected and would be interested in where there are regulations and governance are run by supranational, EU based institutions.

At a guess I think HT is referring to The European Medicines Agency which is leaving London along with all it's staff. I think I once read it's responsible for 40,000 hotel bookings per annum in London too, but never mind. I assume we will come out of it after Brexit, which presumably we will as it falls under the horrendous auspices and jurisdiction of The ECJ, it's a medicines agency which has failed us all, and to stay in it would be a betrayal of the referendum result and could lead to to rioting in places such as Scunthorpe and Cwmbran etc. So as I see it we either:

A. Set our own one up with our own staff, which HT indicates we don't have the skilled people for in this country to do, along with the cost of doing so and time constraints despite the fact no deal is a better than a bad deal, so we'll just walk away at any time to call their bluff and can 'get cracking' on our own free-trade deals as Owen Patterson MP put it recently.

B. Follow the standards of The EMA with no influence or say on those standards it adheres to, which also might not strictly be following the democratic will of the British people as we'd be following an ECJ jurisdiction institution, risking civil disobedience in Skegness and Middlesbrough as the wrath, the like of which has never been seen before in Britain, takes hold etc,etc.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
On one hand, we have numerous people with a transparent agenda (teameu, referendum deniers, change of government - Marxist supporting loons) on this thread giving their opinions or work and friend related stories that by pure coincidence always chime with their point of view/prejudices ... we are doomed. On the other we have world leaders, democrats and the grown-ups signalling they are progressing to a mutually beneficial settlement.

Who to believe?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
On one hand, we have numerous people with a transparent agenda (teameu, referendum deniers, change of government - Marxist supporting loons) on this thread giving their opinions or work and friend related stories that by pure coincidence always chime with their point of view/prejudices ... we are doomed. On the other we have world leaders, democrats and the grown-ups signalling they are progressing to a mutually beneficial settlement.

Who to believe?

The people who implied 350 million would be directed to the NHS? They seem trustworthy.

CheeseRolls

Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Who to believe?
So is the foreign secretary a child or a Marxist loon? Yet again JC you have tied me in knots.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here