Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You got the 29000 post !!. Off to Banff and Calgary in June, sort of fly drive and rocky mountaineer ride.

I wouldn't bother. Very dreary. I mean complete this phrase "we're going on a weekend break to ..." you never hear Canada do you!

On a serious note, Sounds brilliant. Always wanted to visit Bannf.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Went to see an Eintracht friendly in the 70's ,but Frankfurt appeared to be closed for the weekend.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
loving the way [MENTION=17963]Hampster Gull[/MENTION] with a sum total of two posts this year on this thread is using the opportunity of thumbs down to thumb dowm multiple leaver comments from months back.....a man of conviction no doubt

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Exactly how I feel, and just 5 years after the London Olympics when we seemed such an open, inclusive and forward looking people. I was so proud to be British back then.

Who'd have thought that, such a short time later, everything that I held dear would have been ripped away?

We are still open, inclusive and forward thinking, our immigration figures from people still wishing to come here reflect that.

Why are you no longer proud to be British?

And what exactly did you hold dear before we decided to leave the EU?
Was it the gradual erosion of law making powers to Brussels?
Was it the lost supremacy of our courts?
Was it the constraints of being in a declining market?
Was it allowing unsustainable mass immigration?
Perhaps you hold dear the free movement that allows for criminals to enter the country unchecked.

Did you marvel at these things?

A few murders, rapes and pickpocketing professional gangs from criminals with form are after all a price worth paying to keep the borders open in your eyes are they not?
Getting a knob on with a young east European girl brought here visa free under false pretences is what free movement is all about isn’t it?

I saw those great Olympics as shouting out HELLO WORLD…..we are GREAT as our team name GREAT Britain suggests, look at what we can do when we put our mind to it.
Nothing since june 23rd has persuaded me that message is wrong. We are GREAT and can succeed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We are still open, inclusive and forward thinking, our immigration figures from people still wishing to come here reflect that.

Perhaps you hold dear the free movement that allows for criminals to enter the country unchecked.

A few murders, rapes and pickpocketing professional gangs from criminals with form are after all a price worth paying to keep the borders open in your eyes are they not?
Getting a knob on with a young east European girl brought here visa free under false pretences is what free movement is all about isn’t it?

I saw those great Olympics as shouting out HELLO WORLD…..we are GREAT as our team name GREAT Britain suggests, look at what we can do when we put our mind to it.
Nothing since june 23rd has persuaded me that message is wrong. We are GREAT and can succeed.

Perhaps the first thing we need to do is ensure that wherever the date is written or spoken that it is in the British format or have we abandoned this as we need the special relationship to succeed with America as we need trade deals.

:lol::

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Perhaps the first thing we need to do is ensure that wherever the date is written or spoken that it is in the British format or have we abandoned this as we need the special relationship to succeed with America as we need trade deals.

:lol::

Not sure Trump knows himself what he wants with trade deals. Just seems hellbent on upsetting all and sundry.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Paragraphs like this show how it is almost impossible to have a conversation with you. Carry on with your angry shouting if it makes you feel better about yourself though.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

Nurses, doctors, academics,entrepreneurs who create new jobs, research scientists etc. all of whom make us the country we are and give us the skills we need to grow in the future. Do we really want to close the door or for discourage them from coming here?... Sure we have many of the above here but we also have plenty of rapists and gang members and with a guaranteed austerity government in place for the foreseeable future anti-social elements are a far more rapidly renewable resource. Your comment on Eastern European women says a lot more about the darker recesses of your mind than I would wish to reflect on..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nurses, doctors, academics,entrepreneurs who create new jobs, research scientists etc. all of whom make us the country we are and give us the skills we need to grow in the future. Do we really want to close the door or for discourage them from coming here?

No we don't - and nobody has suggested we should, and contrary to what some remainers seem desperate to believe, those of us who voted leave don't want to. They are the sort of people we would choose to allow in. Note the importance in that of the words 'we' (as in our immigration services, working on our behalf) and 'choose'.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No we don't - and nobody has suggested we should, and contrary to what some remainers seem desperate to believe, those of us who voted leave don't want to. They are the sort of people we would choose to allow in. Note the importance in that of the words 'we' (as in our immigration services, working on our behalf) and 'choose'.

We could choose to allow them in, but they don't want to come now.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You got the 29000 post !!. Off to Banff and Calgary in June, sort of fly drive and rocky mountaineer ride.

Slightly off topic but Mrs Jakarta and I did that trip 6 years ago, Calgary is a bit dull but Banff is a lovely little town and the mountains/glaciers above it (which I'm sure you visit) are spectacular.

When you take the Mountaineer over to Vancouver, make sure you have a decent camera as the scenery is utterly wonderful.

Presume you will spend a couple of days in Vancouver at the end of the trip, it is lovely as well, one of the few World Cities I would be happy to live in.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

It might sink in one day. Leave voters want controlled immigration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here