Axe attack in Duesseldorf

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
"allahu akbar" by any chance ?

Wouldn't happen in Germ...................oh, wait...............Angela let those buggers in........................wouldn't happen in Antartica.

Longing for terrorism to aid your agenda is pretty sickening.

One man has been arrested. The 36-year-old suspect from the former Yugoslavia suffers from psychological problems, Duesseldorf police said.

The motive for the attack is unclear, and police are not describing it as being related to terrorism.

German federal police earlier tweeted a warning to the public not to engage in speculation.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I don't know. A lunatic behaving like a lunatic, is a lunatic behaving like a lunatic. Wouldn't strictly think of it as terrorism personally.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Forget what the police say, that attack was an act of terrorism - not necessarily linked to extremist Islam, but a terror attack nonetheless.

I would say if over 50% of the victims involved did not have clean underwear after the incident then that is a terrorist attack. Can we get an underwear check?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Forget what the police say, that attack was an act of terrorism - not necessarily linked to extremist Islam, but a terror attack nonetheless.

Surely a terrorist attack has to be linked to some form of ideology - where people are attempting to create 'terror' to further their cause. Otherwise everything is a terrorist attack. We have no way of knowing whether this was terrorism or just some random lunatic.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Surely a terrorist attack has to be linked to some form of ideology - where people are attempting to create 'terror' to further their cause. Otherwise everything is a terrorist attack. We have no way of knowing whether this was terrorism or just some random lunatic.

A random lunatic attacking the public creating an atmosphere of terror - that's enough in my books to qualify as a terrorist attack. Many would disagree, which is fair enough, but I'd call school shootings and similar incidents "terror attacks" as well.

Semantics aside, this was a nasty attack and hopefully the victims make a full recovery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A random lunatic attacking the public creating an atmosphere of terror - that's enough in my books to qualify as a terrorist attack. Many would disagree, which is fair enough, but I'd call school shootings and similar incidents "terror attacks" as well.

Semantics aside, this was a nasty attack and hopefully the victims make a full recovery.

Rightly or wrongly by allowing the attack to be labelled terrorist, will encourage bigotry, because the general public will automatically link it to terrorist groups.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Rightly or wrongly by allowing the attack to be labelled terrorist, will encourage bigotry, because the general public will automatically link it to terrorist groups.

I get your point , it wouldn't be fair to victimize terrorist groups . Perhaps all they need is a shoulder to cry on and a bit of love .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You are correct. Sir.

Taken from the BBC report.

One man has been arrested. The 36-year-old suspect from the former Yugoslavia suffers from psychological problems, Duesseldorf police said.

The motive for the attack is unclear, and police are not describing it as being related to terrorism.

German federal police earlier tweeted a warning to the public not to engage in speculation.

"former Yugoslavia" Are they trying to avoid saying Bosnia?

D

Deleted member 22389

These are all the same types of horrific crimes never seen in Europe before, that's worrying. One cannot imagine how shit scary it would be to see this happening, the poor people involved.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yugoslavia was a big country consisting of several countries such as —Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.

Is there any particular reason you chose Bosnia?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
These are all the same types of horrific crimes never seen in Europe before, that's worrying. One cannot imagine how shit scary it would be to see this happening, the poor people involved.

Really? Honestly? Do the Munich Olympics mean anything to you? ETA attacks in Spain, and the IRA. It's so simple to think that terrorist attacks are a modern thing. Not that this is down to a terror attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here