Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmys restaurant at Brighton Marina closed down?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To give some context, you don't get slices of pizza or deep fried spring rolls at this price, you get lobster or premium quality steak!

:lolol: well that's more like it,besides i am easily pleased and not disappointed too often.... Lobster for me thanks..:wave:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rather than stuffing your face full of cheap processed crap, because you can, why not pay a similar amount for a healthy meal?

I couldnt afford to pay that money for a meal except for an odd occassion but if I could I would expect Lobster and Porterhouse steak but one has to live to ones pocket. I eat healthy food within my budget mostly home cooked.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I couldnt afford to pay that money for a meal except for an odd occassion but if I could I would expect Lobster and Porterhouse steak but one has to live to ones pocket. I eat healthy food within my budget mostly home cooked.

Well said,you've not done bad for 100 odd :lolol: :jester:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I went there with colleagues, because at the time it was local and affordable to everyone.

If you pay £1.5m for a striker you get Sam Baldock, if you pay £9m you get a Jordan Rhodes/Andre Great and you get promoted.

I think you know what I'm trying to say, right?

Thats the point, something you sneeringly dismissed 'as typical crowd', I couldnt think why anyone would try a 5 star hotel buffet at £70.00 a pop, if one even exists, can you seriously imagine having a budget of £70.00 per head and declaring lets go to the big hotel down the road and have their buffet ......

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Rather than stuffing your face full of cheap processed crap, because you can, why not pay a similar amount for a healthy meal?
Because it's what (some, not all) people want. Just liek some like to blow extortionate amounts of money on food and pretend to themselves that they haven't been done :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because it's what (some, not all) people want. Just liek some like to blow extortionate amounts of money on food and pretend to themselves that they haven't been done :)

At the end of the day if I am satisfied with what I have had at the price I have paid I am happy and I would think that goes for most people . When I had my pub in Midhurst (20 years ago) we went on a special occassion to a restaurant voted 4th best in the country in the Times but at £120 a head I didnt think it was that much better than I had had much cheaper. We went a couple of times to the hotels in Midhurst The Angel and Spread Eagle again both ok but very overpriced to my mind and preferred The Sun at Rake. These places have probably changed hands and chefs by now so this is not a recommendation or critisicm just a point of general standards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here