Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
All those calling for a 2nd referendum and/or a general election need to consider this chart showing support for Leave in Labour constituencies. We know that a huge swathe of Labour voters switched to UKIP in the last elections...if you ignore their views or try to alienate them then you run the risk of UKIP gaining more MPs at the expense of Labour when UKIP should now be consigned to the history books.

13524467_10154116275475236_3194807175089075831_n.jpg

If there is any attempt to dilute or reverse the referendum result I can see most of those areas going up in flames which is why it is so important to respect the democratic will of the majority and enact what has been promised.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Good post [MENTION=990]Jim in the West[/MENTION]. The conservstives are in real trouble here. I expect a huge electoral backlash on them. Labour need a real leader and if they can sort that and table a pro eu agenda its a game chnager. Will get my vote for the first time in many many years. Boris will never get it

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If there is any attempt to dilute or reverse the referendum result I can see most of those areas going up in flames which is why it is so important to respect the democratic will of the majority and enact what has been promised.

Lets see when an election is called and what the parties stand for. Lots of time yet to have another direction by democratic means

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's got a bloody cheek considering he's been front and centre of Project fear talking up economic Armageddon ....

And Armageddon we may well have, er, he was right.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Good post [MENTION=990]Jim in the West[/MENTION]. The conservstives are in real trouble here. I expect a huge electoral backlash on them. Labour need a real leader and if they can sort that and table a pro eu agenda its a game chnager. Will get my vote for the first time in many many years. Boris will never get it

Sorry to rain on your delusions but Hilary Benn the main instigator of the plot to remove Corbyn has already said Labour will honour the referendum vote.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Good one.

"Dear remain voter

I'm sorry you did not get your own way in the EU referendum, don't blame the people who voted to leave!

Leave voters are not selfish, racist, xenophobic, bigoted or stupid.

Given the reports that have been emerging over the weekend, perhaps you would like to revisit your comment above, given:

Immigrants are being told to go home and sent hate mail as evidence mounts that post Brexit racism has hit the streets of the UK

Police are investigating an alleged racially motivated attack on a Polish community building in London

Hate notes posted through the doors of Polish residents in Cambridgeshire

Reports of a Muslim woman surrounded by a gang of men in Birmingham telling her to get out, we voted leave

Organisations that monitor hate crime are reporting people being stopped in the street and being told we voted leave its time for you to leave

If that wasn't bad enough some of these comments are being made to individuals who are 3rd, 4th or 5th generation immigrants and are therefore poor and bred in England.

It must be time for you to acknowledge that a significant number of leave voters clearly are racist and stupid

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I'm in agreement with you JC.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
PM and chancellor 'in hiding', leavers 'have no plan', Labour 'imploding' - Sturgeon
Nicola Sturgeon tweets..

Oh just shut the fuk up for 5 minutes you Anglophobic unelected hag. Scotland really isnt as important as you think, you lost your independence vote just get over it. If she really thinks Scotland can survive economically on its own without any central funding from the rest of the UK whilst continuing to spunk money into the EU then good luck, hurry up and leave.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Wish she'd shut her mouth for ten seconds.

Like I said before, she has no power to do anything, isn't even an MP, to maintain the illusion she must never stop talking. She is a human hot air balloon.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Most, if not all, on the official leave campaign are MP's are they not? They should've at least had something prepared to present to Parliament when it resumes.

They have. They have confirmed today the £350m a week was not really £350m, it was £160m. And so £350m cant all go to the NHS, and any way thats a call for the government, this was an election of the EU.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Given the reports that have been emerging over the weekend, perhaps you would like to revisit your comment above, given:

Immigrants are being told to go home and sent hate mail as evidence mounts that post Brexit racism has hit the streets of the UK

Police are investigating an alleged racially motivated attack on a Polish community building in London

Hate notes posted through the doors of Polish residents in Cambridgeshire

Reports of a Muslim woman surrounded by a gang of men in Birmingham telling her to get out, we voted leave

Organisations that monitor hate crime are reporting people being stopped in the street and being told we voted leave its time for you to leave

If that wasn't bad enough some of these comments are being made to individuals who are 3rd, 4th or 5th generation immigrants and are therefore poor and bred in England.

It must be time for you to acknowledge that a significant number of leave voters clearly are racist and stupid

And by that logic, do you consider all Muslims to be terrorists because of the actions of a handful of individuals worldwide. Don't make wild assumptions and tar everyone with the same brush because of the actions of a few individuals.

The vast majority of people in this country will be disgusted by that behaviour regardless of whether they voted remain, leave or didn't vote.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ha ha so that petition for a 2nd referendum was actually set up by a Leave supporter in May, fearful Remain we're going to win. That is quite funny.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The government have virtually resigned; the Labour Party are imploding.

What a stupid time for both main parties to absent themselves from contributing. Labour could have easily seized the moment here and shown leadership - but seem incapable. The Prime Minister has abdicated from his responsibilities. I'm not impressed with either of them. It's not helping the febrile atmosphere as the Remain campaigners work through the stages of grief.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
That was a forgone conclusion given the loss of the common agricultural grant which is a valuable source of income to farmers

All the while we continue to pour £19billion a year into the EU until we leave then we will continue to be entitled to the same payouts so nothing has changed. Once we leave i have no idea how the farmers will cope but with those billions of pounds no longer filling the EU coffers I imagine we will be in.a position to support our own farmers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here