Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
12 months ago Dunk would have been valued at about £10m, Fulham apparently oiffered £5m, but as I have said many times he has improved beyond recognition this season and as such his value will have risen.

Are you aware of how the market sets the value? Not some chancers who thought we might want to cash in on a pittance after a relegation battle.

They made an offer at the start of the 2015/16 season. I imagine we valued him at around 10m even then.

Ever since that point he has progressed through each season to add c10m on his value by my reckoning.

Before he even set foot in the PL he was a 20-30m CB, inflated by his being English.

Right now, I wouldn't let him go for anything less than 50.

Your valuation was way, WAY off the mark.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hmmm... maybe the proposed new guy brings something we haven't got at the moment?

Yes, that's my point - it would be fine to get in someone better than our existing players - that should be our aim with all transfers now; improving the team, not just filling out the squad - but stupid to pay good money for a 5th.or 6th. choice CM for back up just to avoid any likelihood of having to play Sanders or Moulumbey in the event of us having an exceptional run of multiple injuries and suspensions to our CMs.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
8 points above the 3rd bottom with a superior GD so 9 points extra required which is 3 wins more than we get = 9 points.

12 months ago Dunk would have been valued at about £10m, Fulham apparently oiffered £5m, but as I have said many times he has improved beyond recognition this season and as such his value will have risen.

Not really, he was immense last season as well. He’s steadily and continuously improved (and matured) over the last 4 seasons.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
8 points above the 3rd bottom with a superior GD so 9 points extra required which is 3 wins more than we get = 9 points.

You were wrong admit you were wrong...move on none of us are perfect least of all me and we are all wrong at some point.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Moving the goalposts as always. I mentioned 'Newcastle, Saints and Burnley', and you responded that 'ALL those clubs need to win three more games than us to catch us'.

They don't.

Utter drivel. Not even worthy of a response.

10m for a Premier League CB who is an ever-present ? Seriously ?? 12 months ago we would not even have bothered answering a £10m enquiry for Dunk, so I very much doubt Fulham came forward with a timewasting £5m bid. Where did you hear that ?

And he hasn't improved "beyond recognition" this season at all. He was immense the season we just missed out on promotion, even better when we went up, and has since proved that he can more than handle the step-up to the PL. Thats not a sudden improvement over the space of a year, its been a gradual process. He's been a lynchpin of the team for 3+ years now.

£10m was a bonkers valuation at the time you announced it.

Are you aware of how the market sets the value? Not some chancers who thought we might want to cash in on a pittance after a relegation battle.

They made an offer at the start of the 2015/16 season. I imagine we valued him at around 10m even then.

Ever since that point he has progressed through each season to add c10m on his value by my reckoning.

Before he even set foot in the PL he was a 20-30m CB, inflated by his being English.

Right now, I wouldn't let him go for anything less than 50.

Your valuation was way, WAY off the mark.

Not really, he was immense last season as well. He’s steadily and continuously improved (and matured) over the last 4 seasons.

I don't quite know where this 12 months has come from.

On the 02.08.18 @ 13:32 BG posted this:-

IMHO Moore 8 or 9m up to 10-12m with the add ons Dunk basic 10 -12m with add ons possibly 15m. So not a great deal of difference compared to people on here saying Dunk £30m plus.

Here:-

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?364508-Liam-Moore/page29

To be precise post nos #1122.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I just scrolled down a few posts, only to read:-

If we sell Dunk in a subsequent window for £30m, BG will say that his value doubled after a few good games this coming season. #rightagain

:bowdown:

Just as day follows night!

Oh and:-

Nail and head. (almost)

BG is right it's his opinion, that's fine.

But now for the issue.

As the vast majority are saying:-

'come on, he's worth twice that'
&
'5 uncapped English centre backs ahead of him, you're having a laugh', time will tell who was right.

Obviously if it's BG most of us will be dining out on humble pie, and will form an orderly queue to do so.

But crucially, if it's everybody else, we'll have to read:-

'he's only got the valuation/cap because CH has finally done something about the errors (flick knows what) I've been saying needs coaching out of him'.

#NeverWrong,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why do you do it to yourself? Just in August you were saying he was worth 10-12 million basic, and I said:
If we sell Dunk in a subsequent window for £30m, BG will say that his value doubled after a few good games this coming season. #rightagain
and low and behold, less than 6 months after I said it, here you are saying exactly what I said you'd say.

Do you think we'll think less of you if you admit you undervalued Dunk? We all know you got it wrong, we knew in the summer. Admit it and everyone moves on, but pretending you didn't makes you look like a fool.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do you do it to yourself? Just in August you were saying he was worth 10-12 million basic, and I said:
and low and behold, less than 6 months after I said it, here you are saying exactly what I said you'd say.

Do you think we'll think less of you if you admit you undervalued Dunk? We all know you got it wrong, we knew in the summer. Admit it and everyone moves on, but pretending you didn't makes you look like a fool.
A player is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for him and I know a Premier manager who rated him at about £8 - £10m when I posted but it seems that both him an I undervalued Dunk and now I would look at £35m plus in the general market, but to us he is worth more than that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, that's my point - it would be fine to get in someone better than our existing players - that should be our aim with all transfers now; improving the team, not just filling out the squad - but stupid to pay good money for a 5th.or 6th. choice CM for back up just to avoid any likelihood of having to play Sanders or Moulumbey in the event of us having an exceptional run of multiple injuries and suspensions to our CMs.

So, you are sure that our target is 5th choice? I certainly am not sure, since I have never seen him play... I suspect you haven't either...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

This... BG is a clown...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A player is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for him and I know a Premier Inn manager who rated him at about £8 - £10m when I posted but it seems that both him an I undervalued Dunk and now I would look at £35m plus in the general market, but to us he is worth more than that.
Fixed for you.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Then so is this well known manager who I have quoted. Player valuations and targets are subject to individual opinion the best examples being De Bruyne and Salah both bought then sold by Chelsea as not good enough. but look at them now.

Yes, if true, he is also a clown...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A player is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for him and I know a Premier manager who rated him at about £8 - £10m
Seriously? You spoke to a current PL manager about the value of Dunk, and that's what he said? He was either taking the piss, or he's an idiot (to be clear, I'm calling him an idiot because while it's fine for us fans to get it wrong, no PL manager should be that far out).

when I posted but it seems that both him an I undervalued Dunk
Agreed :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here