Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Theresa May - worst Prime Minister for 50 years?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Brown also had the foot and mouth outbreak to contend with, one week after he took the job on.

Think you might be mixing up your foot and mouths. The 2007 incidents were not really an outbreak, being confined to four farms. 2001 was the real foot and mouth epidemic, and led to the planned general election in May being postponed. I can still smell the burning now.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Ah yes. You're that police sympathiser chap aren't you? Can't be two posters with Hastings in their name who are massively pompous and smug surely.... :D

And you are the person who manages to annoy the Police, then blames them for all your problems - looking at that post on which I commented, demonstrates the sort of character in question. When you post such drivel, do you think that other folk laugh and are impressed or do you just think -aren't I clever? What is your motivation for such childish ramblings? It is not being pompous to write that such drivel makes you look silly and immature, but you probably don't see that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And you are the person who manages to annoy the Police, then blames them for all your problems - looking at that post on which I commented, demonstrates the sort of character in question. When you post such drivel, do you think that other folk laugh and are impressed or do you just think -aren't I clever? What is your motivation for such childish ramblings? It is not being pompous to write that such drivel makes you look silly and immature, but you probably don't see that.

Except I was proved right. The police lost, we won. Because they were corrupt and incompetent and should never have brought a case against me in the first place.

So you were wrong. Again.

As for your angry little rant there, I'll leave it to others as to who sounds childish, silly or immature.

Shall I pass you a spade?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Theresa has inherited a very difficult situation with Brexit. On the plus side at least Corbyn isn't in power because that would be a utter disaster for our country the like of which has not been seen in modern times. So whilst.im not a big fan of May, at heart she is a sensible woman with decent morals the same certainly can not be said about Corbyn. Corbyn is a lowlife nasty piece of work .

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Theresa has inherited a very difficult situation with Brexit. On the plus side at least Corbyn isn't in power because that would be a utter disaster for our country the like of which has not been seen in modern times. So whilst.im not a big fan of May, at heart she is a sensible woman with decent morals the same certainly can not be said about Corbyn. Corbyn is a lowlife nasty piece of work .

Another soul buying the Tory spin. Think for yourself. She is not sensible nor decent. Better than Boris and Gove but that's about it.

Flex Your Head

First name terms, eh? ;)
Why would Corbyn be a disaster, and on what evidence are you basing this?
"a sensible woman with decent morals" - again, on what evidence are you basing this?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As opposed to this government where cabinet ministers say "F*** business"?

Time will tell. How many new jobs created ?.. Let's see if and when he gets in. I would guess if his promise to make all businesses employing over 250 to share 10% of the companies worth will see plenty of job losses

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

She didn't 'inherit' it - she actively chose it. Whatever we might think of her, we have to accept that she is an intelligent person, and even I could see that taking on that job at that time was going to be awful. So, again, she actively chose to do this. And I don't think she has handled it all that well.

'Decent morals' and 'Hostile Environment' don't really go together do they. Do you have any examples of where she has displayed these 'decent morals', as I'm struggling to think of any.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

"decent morals" ****ing hell I've heard it all now. Did you actually believe that as you were typing it?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Who said anything about sympathy? The question is whether she's the worst PM, and Tim made the point that she's having to deal with the worst economic and political situation in years. TB is suggesting that doesn't matter, as she chose to, which doesn't make sense.

Whomever was PM now would be doing a bad job, because of the situation the UK is in. Now sure you can debate how much better or worse other people would have done, but to suggest that the situation isn't relevant because she chose to take the job is just daft.
The situation isn't relevant to how good a bad a PM someone is - it's how you deal with the situation at hand that is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The situation isn't relevant to how good a bad a PM someone is
I didn't say it was. What I said is that the situation is relevant to the results the PM can achieve. Is the country doing well at the moment - no. Is the Brexit situation relevant in that - yes.

I'm not debating whether May is doing a good or bad job with the hand she's been dealt, I'm simply saying that the hand she's been dealt is relevant in the results, and shouldn't be ignored.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Her time as leader has been incapacitated by Brexit but the worst PM’s in my living memory is nailed on Blair closely followed by Cameron for their war mongering antics in the Middle East that has caused the mass migration that followed, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of deaths, if not millions, directly and indirectly.

If the above happened under strong governments then I am pleased to have a weak one. So in that respect May is doing a great job with the help of the whole of Parliament on all sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here