Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wagner gone... Jan Siewert appointed

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They battered Cardiff on Saturday and have new players bedding in, a real surprise in the timing of this.

Not many new players in that lineup on Saturday.....some huddersfield supporters have been pointing the finger at the director of football(?) who was responsible for players signed in the summer that Wagner didn't want

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I like the guy and think he's a good coach. It'd be interesting to see what he could do with better players in the top flight. Huddersfield were superb in the Championship but couldn't get players of sufficient quality to play that type of football at a higher level (Premier League).

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Df4ahvDX4AA6k4Q.jpg

:bigwave:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8738548]I like the guy and think he's a good coach. It'd be interesting to see what he could do with better players in the top flight. Huddersfield were superb in the Championship but couldn't get players of sufficient quality to play that type of football at a higher level (Premier League).

I think that might be his niche though. When they were Championship strugglers, he signed about fifteen players, many of whom were signed from the Bundesliga 2 etc. The likes of Kachunga, Hefele, Löwe, Schindler were all technically good compared to equivalent English players and were able to come in and implement Wagner's gegenpress game to great effect. When they get promoted, however, those same players can no longer rely on their technical ability alone: they need pace, as well as top class football brains and intelligence, which most of them (except Schindler) lack.

Best not mention Collin Quaner, however, who was a spectacular example of how German coaching techniques aren't always right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nonsense.

Huddersfield had lowest budget and he took them up.

This is not about taking them up but having the knowledge and ability to keep them there.the records are littered with yo yo clubs.

The point is most of our fans on here were envious of the signings that he made and set him up as an example to CH.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is not about taking them up but having the knowledge and ability to keep them there.the records are littered with yo yo clubs.

Your comment was about money. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here