Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
My frustration (this season) has been that when Knockaert has seemed to be playing well, he has either been withdrawn or dropped. A couple of times Solly has appeared to be having a difficult game (Izquierdo as well), yet Knockaert gets withdrawn or left out.

I guess the counter argument as you say, is that he has come back stronger and also Locadia has come into a rich vein of form.

But at least twice this season, if I had been Knockaert I would have asked the reason for my omission.

I think the reason he is subbed is because he has run around like a headless chicken, tracking back, defending, attacking, more often than not he is bollocked and it shows, so he is the obvious choice to be subbed. Basically he puts in such a shift, he is knackered by 70 minutes.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think the reason he is subbed is because he has run around like a headless chicken, tracking back, defending, attacking, more often than not he is bollocked and it shows, so he is the obvious choice to be subbed. Basically he puts in such a shift, he is knackered by 70 minutes.

Fair comment - though lasted until 85 approx today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Apart from his good defensive work still think too easy to mark. Comes inside every time. What happened to championship days of also going past defender on outside

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My frustration (this season) has been that when Knockaert has seemed to be playing well, he has either been withdrawn or dropped. A couple of times Solly has appeared to be having a difficult game (Izquierdo as well), yet Knockaert gets withdrawn or left out.

I guess the counter argument as you say, is that he has come back stronger and also Locadia has come into a rich vein of form.

But at least twice this season, if I had been Knockaert I would have asked the reason for my omission.

That's coz you don't ever see Solly in training

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

What does look a worry is the players who are not getting into the team. Locadia sulked and said he wanted to go. Yves celebration looked very muted. Didn't even smile. That looks unlike him. Then there's the Knocky rumours. Bit worrying. Hughton has a tough job keeping everyone happy,

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What does look a worry is the players who are not getting into the team. Locadia sulked and said he wanted to go. Yves celebration looked very muted. Didn't even smile. That looks unlike him. Then there's the Knocky rumours. Bit worrying. Hughton has a tough job keeping everyone happy,
Don't read too much into all that. Just trust the best Man Manager that Brighton have ever had to do the Man Management. He hasn't done to bad so far during a large turnover in personal over the last 4 years

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

There are plenty of great ‘trainers’ who can’t produce when it matters.

Application wise I can’t comment, but my original post is not about Solly, it is about Knockaert - I just think he has not been treated quite the same.

I also mentioned Izquierdo, you can add AJ and as well.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Personal opinion is AK is like a petulant child and must be an absolute nightmare to manage. Fans favourite though and can be a game changer.

The one massive change for me over the past couple of seasons is the real depth we have to the squad now and where as previously the loss of AK or Dale Stephens would have been a huge blow, I genuinely don’t fear anyone leaving now and trust CH should he decide to move people on.

If I was AK I would keep my head down and let his football do the talking, I’m not sure he has that in him though to be honest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think I can cope with someone else writing something as stupid as 'well his celebration was muted' so soon after 'Solly doesn't look sad when he misses'.

Brighton & Hove Snowflakes.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think I can cope with someone else writing something as stupid as 'well his celebration was muted' so soon after 'Solly doesn't look sad when he misses'.

Brighton & Hove Snowflakes.

[emoji23]

Did he Bissouma even clap the fans?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[emoji23]

Hewtown needs to get Britney in the backroom immediately, so to speak.

giphy.gif

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
[emoji23]

Someone get a quote or something from his twitter account to put this to bed or we will be wetting the bed over our latest next best things immediate departure.

Second thoughts let the experts worry about it......I give you Sir Christopher Hughton.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Someone get a quote or something from his twitter account to put this to bed or we will be wetting the bed over our latest next best things immediate departure.

Second thoughts let the experts worry about it......I give you Sir Christopher Hughton.

Think my sarcasm may have been lost.
I think Bissouma is very happy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Personal opinion is AK is like a petulant child and must be an absolute nightmare to manage. Fans favourite though and can be a game changer.

The one massive change for me over the past couple of seasons is the real depth we have to the squad now and where as previously the loss of AK or Dale Stephens would have been a huge blow, I genuinely don’t fear anyone leaving now and trust CH should he decide to move people on.

If I was AK I would keep my head down and let his football do the talking, I’m not sure he has that in him though to be honest.

All of this.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I said earlier on this thread he’s been class this year and was very unlucky to be dropped on the face of performances. Stroppy yes, quality player - yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here