Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For the first time he showed evidence of being a bit of a talent.
His touch was decent, he had presence and was direct on the ball
He can be laxidasical which won’t cut it in this league, but finally some reason to hope.
It was a beautiful Amex moment when he got a big ovation. I hope he enjoyed it

Not the first time. Man U away last season for starters, and in fact last week.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great and frustrating today in equal measure. Took the goal really well and was a menacing presence all round. Also gave up two chases and bottled out of two headers. 4-3-3 suits him but we won’t play it when Ali J and Izquierdo are fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great and frustrating today in equal measure. Took the goal really well and was a menacing presence all round. Also gave up two chases and bottled out of two headers. 4-3-3 suits him but we won’t play it when Ali J and Izquierdo are fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Jurg hardly has to climb over mountains to oust either of them from the starting lineup.
He only has to get over Holland's highest peak.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Seemed to be dead on his feet at 70 minutes. Really alert up until then, and played really well. Was wishing for a sub after that point. No cover for Bernado. Not the CH way.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’ll stick to my original comments. You don’t like people disagreeing with you and get a sad on when this happens. Locadia had a good game, you say he was crap, people disagree and you don’t like it.

Navy snail is a new one on me but happy to be corrected.

You’ll stick to what you want to believe if you’re bigoted and won’t stand corrected even when it’s by the person you cast dispersions about. Most of my posts have simply been in response to curt comments from likes of you rather than criticising Locadia. No one likes those, including you. I’ll engage with anyone, agree or disagree, but perhaps stating your opinion rather than pouring scorn all over your keyboard at me would be better. But its quite funny seal bets auto corrected to snail mind!

Yes he’ll divide opinion as at times he looks weirdly disinterested, not running for balls he can get etc but I guess we went through all that with Murray too earlier in his career.

I guess he keeps the shirt for Everton and let’s hope he can have a similar impact as today

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Locadia showed some great play to day and linked well with Bernardo going forward. Have to say thought his time had passed but glad to be proved wrong.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He got the plaudits today because he scored the goal and all in all wasn’t bad at all. Needs a whole new level to get to to carry on playing for us if we stay in this division, but don’t be deluded. He can step up though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Far from IMO. Ryan kept us in it with some stunning saves and far more worthy. Locadia may have scored (with help from Arsenal just as we helped them for their goal) but his all round game was awful (amongst a number of equals today) His first touch, control and passes were more often that not poor. As for his running, he looks like he’s stuck in treacle. No pace what so ever. I know this sounds harsh but I think today showed why he’s not a PL player despite the goal. I’ll add that Bernardo on another day could have cost us several goals. Proper and Stephens showed why we’ll never score goals in many matches, talk about inability to shoot and or turn attack into defence. Hope Knocky starts next game, Gross was much better today. Murray does what Murray does and Andone looked quick and nimble, what I was hoping for from attackers. But I don’t think Arsenal at their best today. We got lucky on that front. Both sides and the match in a word were scruffy. Very pleased with a point mind.

Are you on drugs?

Can I have some? :blush:

???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ll stick to my original comments. You don’t like people disagreeing with you and get a sad on when this happens. Locadia had a good game, you say he was crap, people disagree and you don’t like it.

Navy snail is a new one on me but happy to be corrected.

American possibly - like a Navy SEAL but slower?

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
We all see games differently, I thought that March was back to his old lightweight self tonight. Infuriated me :shrug:

This.Even my 12 year old son predicted March would never go outside his man and always prefers to cut inside. We badly need the other 2 to get fit and back into form.Hopefully Alireza has been allowed to play for Iran because he is now injury free but lacks match fitness and Izzy's not far off coming back as well. That's 30 million plus quid of talent yet to fulfill their potential this season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Big Jurg hardly has to climb over mountains to oust either of them from the starting lineup.
He only has to get over Holland's highest peak.

Well that's two games we've played him, two games in which he's been fairly decent (if frustrating at times) and one goal, However, we have the sum total of one point from those games. We'll be back to 4-4-1-1 with a full squad and he doesn't fit in that formation. In fact he's third in line for the "1" role. The question is really will we ever have a full squad available this season? We've been much less lucky with injuries and suspensions this season than last.

So, all in all, I'd say he at least has Devil's Dyke to climb,

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's simple isn't it? He's been woefully short of the standard expected of his price tag, but in the last couple of games he has responded very well and against Arsenal was as good as he's ever played, although if I'm honest he didn't really pull up any trees in my view besides taking his goal very well.

What has pleased me (and I think has been overlooked somewhat on here) is that since that article in the Dutch press where it was clear he'd had enough, he has knuckled down and stepped up his efforts, so regardless of his performances, I'm not going to question his attitude anymore. I think that's the "no dickheads" policy laid bare.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You’ll stick to what you want to believe if you’re bigoted and won’t stand corrected even when it’s by the person you cast dispersions about. Most of my posts have simply been in response to curt comments from likes of you rather than criticising Locadia. No one likes those, including you. I’ll engage with anyone, agree or disagree, but perhaps stating your opinion rather than pouring scorn all over your keyboard at me would be better. But its quite funny seal bets auto corrected to snail mind!

a bigot really ... that is a very low blow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that's two games we've played him, two games in which he's been fairly decent (if frustrating at times) and one goal, However, we have the sum total of one point from those games. We'll be back to 4-4-1-1 with a full squad and he doesn't fit in that formation. In fact he's third in line for the "1" role. The question is really will we ever have a full squad available this season? We've been much less lucky with injuries and suspensions this season than last.

So, all in all, I'd say he at least has Devil's Dyke to climb,
CH said in his post match "Big Jurg is suited to 4-3-3".
It's a positive sign that Chris seems comfortably to bed in 2 formations and has the players to cover both options.

There's so many plus points from the first half v Bournemouth and yesterday's performance to suggest CH won't instantly revert back to 4-4-1-1.

It's almost as if we have 2 formations to play against different oppositions. :ohmy:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
CH said in his post match "Big Jurg is suited to 4-3-3".
It's a positive sign that Chris seems comfortably to bed in 2 formations and has the players to cover both options.

There's so many plus points from the first half v Bournemouth and yesterday's performance to suggest CH won't instantly revert back to 4-4-1-1.

It's almost as if we have 2 formations to play against different oppositions. :ohmy:

There's almost no difference between a CH 4411 and 433. The wingers still do a substantial amount of defending and Gross still plays high. The only slight difference is Propper plays slightly further forward. His 433 quite easily became 451 yesterday at times, particularly in the first half when we were poor for large parts.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's simple isn't it? He's been woefully short of the standard expected of his price tag, but in the last couple of games he has responded very well and against Arsenal was as good as he's ever played, although if I'm honest he didn't really pull up any trees in my view besides taking his goal very well.

What has pleased me (and I think has been overlooked somewhat on here) is that since that article in the Dutch press where it was clear he'd had enough, he has knuckled down and stepped up his efforts, so regardless of his performances, I'm not going to question his attitude anymore. I think that's the "no dickheads" policy laid bare.

Like you said, I’ve also been a critic which I stand by because he hasn’t been good enough, but I will disagree a bit about yesterday in that while not pulling up trees, I thought he genuinely had a really good game. He took some defensive first touches in front of me pulling the ball out of the air that really had me clapping like a seal in a circus. He had some great vision too and didn’t really give the ball away. I heard someone say his finish was regulation however March has been in that 1 on 1 situation 2 or 3 times and missed on each occasion.

I completely agree with you as well that he’s obviously knuckled down and working his socks off to get in this team. Which goes for other players too, such as Dale whose inclusion may have caused a few groans with Bissouma not in, but he had one of his best games in an Albion shirt for me, and put to bed any notion of he only passes backwards or sideways with a fine range of passing on display.

As [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] has said, we may have only 1 point from the last 4, but there are plenty of positives to look forward to Saturday and beyond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here