Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert moving ....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Passing down my own judgement right now :wink:

Mooy is on 10k a week? Not disputing it, just doesn't sound right.

Tom Ince moved from Derby and Pritchard from Norwich for 10k per week ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
:
Mooy is on 10k a week? Not disputing it, just doesn't sound right.

Regardless wether Mooy being on10k a week seems fishy (he's on 9k a week), you have to credit Huddersfield for having a 10k a week wage cap whilst they're in the Prem. If every club did the same, we'd see the agents slowly creep out of the game, egotistical player power would diminish and the relationship between the players and fans would start becoming like one big club again. Sometimes I feel as if we're watching load of footballers who don't give a toss about their profession, it's the money which matters. All they want is the highest paid contracts. They have absolute no care for whoever they play for but yet us silly fans pretend they're in love with our club for non money reasons (like AK) believing the crap these massive earners jabber on when they disguise their greed with apparent passion their clubs. Once a blue always a blue.

If wages were more like this in the Prem for all the other clubs. The game would take a much healthier turn than where it's going at the moment.

Jonas Lossl £5,000
Joel Coleman £4,000
Zanka £10,000
Christopher Schindler £10,000
Michael Hefel £10,000
Chris Lowe £7,000
Scott Malone £7,000
Tom Smith (c) £10,000
Danny Williams £7,500
Aaron Mooy £9,000
Jonathan Hog £7,500
Philip Biling £3,000
Dean Whitehead £3,000
Kasey Palmer £2,000
Alex Pritchard £10,000
Tom Ince £10,000
Rajiv van La Parra £8,000
Sean Scannell £7,000
Steve Mounie £10,000
Nakhi Wells £6,000
Elias Kachunga £7,000
Laurent Deporte £8,000

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well you should as it's fact.

Huddersfield Town have capped their wages at £10k per week.

https://sillyseason.com/salary/huddersfield-town-players-salaries-104163/

Tom Ince moved from Derby and Pritchard from Norwich for 10k per week ?

The same website you have quoted has us paying Sam Baldock £38k a week and Lewis Dunk £10k a week. https://sillyseason.com/salary/brighton-and-hove-albion-fc-players-salaries-104215/

According to other souces Aaron Mooy is 4th on the earning list of Australian footballers apparently, above Maty Ryan.

Mooy will earn $56,400 a week in wages, or almost $3 million a year, $400,000 more than the $2.6m salary cap for a club in the A-League.

He is still not the highest paid Australian soccer player, as Tim Cahill earned $4m last season playing with Melbourne City.

The tipped £35,000-a-week wage he’ll earn in the Premier League should see the former Western Sydney Wanderers and Melbourne City midfielder net a cool $3.03m for the season.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The same website you have quoted has us paying Sam Baldock £38k a week and Lewis Dunk £10k a week. https://sillyseason.com/salary/brighton-and-hove-albion-fc-players-salaries-104215/

According to other souces Aaron Mooy is 4th on the earning list of Australian footballers apparently, above Maty Ryan.

It's not even a debate. It's very well known that Huddersfield have a 10k a week wage cap. It's been mentioned by commentators, pundits etc nearly everytime Huddersfield play on the TV.

I take it you haven't heard about Huddersfield ticket prices being extremely low as well?

Good on them. Hopefully more clubs will follow.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It's not even a debate. It's very well known that Huddersfield have a 10k a week wage cap. It's been mentioned by commentators, pundits etc nearly everytime Huddersfield play on the TV.

I remember reading they had a wage cap of 10k in the season they were promoted - I find it hard to believe that continues to be the case now they are in the PL.

They spent lots of money on new signings like Mounie, Ince, Pritchard, Mooy etc. These players could earn more elsewhere - why would they go to Huddersfield for 10K per week? Probably some of these players were on more than 10k per week before they signed for Huddersfield, so why would they take a wage cut?

Happy to be corrected if you can find a credible source that states otherwise.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I take it you haven't heard about Huddersfield ticket prices being extremely low as well?

Good on them. Hopefully more clubs will follow.

How is it not a debate? Find a source that doesn't state we pay Mathias Norman £31k a week and we might be happy to concede.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
These websites are just making guesses how much players are paid. There might be some publicly available information which helps them to make better guesses, but individual wages is confidential information - how's some random website going to get hold of that info? This season's financial reports won't even be out until next season.

Here's another website with vastly different numbers to 'sillyseason.com' - http://www.spotrac.com/epl/huddersfield-town/payroll/

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
According to a slightly outdated Express article, Huddersfield's best paid player is on 32k (Mooy). Ours is on 45k (AK + Stephens).

https://www.express.co.uk/pictures/...wages-best-paid-player-2017-18-sportgalleries

Other websites are reporting Mooy's weekly wages as:

35k (https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/...manchester-city-aaron-mooy-permanent-transfer)
AU$56k (https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...r/news-story/f8294bffb68ba0f878a0eae03cf81837)
AU$77k when he signed for Man City (https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...y/news-story/f1c75b41af7f463f20ec1ea2b32d516a)

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
How is it not a debate? Find a source that doesn't state we pay Mathias Norman £31k a week and we might be happy to concede.

To be fair, I have read through a few different sources. Some say Mooy is on 55k a week, others are saying 25k a week and obviously some saying 10k a week. So I'll accept it's probably incorrect the 10k a week wage cap I've stated plus the source I quoted my apologies, but one thing that is definitely fact is the 10k a week wage cap they had coming into the Prem. Weren't their season tickets last season just £100? What are they charging this season?

Sounds like a good club to me.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
To be fair, I have read through a few different sources. Some say Mooy is on 55k a week, others are saying 25k a week and obviously some saying 10k a week. So I'll accept it's probably incorrect the source I quoted, but one thing is definitely fact is the 10k a week wage cap they had coming into the Prem. Weren't their season tickets last season just £100? What are they charging this season?

So not a fact they have a 10k wage cap then. :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm just relaying what the article says, since you asked if there was anything more than speeding. I haven't offered any opinion as to the rights or wrongs of it.
Understood. Perhaps those outraged by Knocky's total disregard for human life can explain.

The reporting is not clear, but the image weaving draws up in my mind is manoeuvring between cars to overtake, which implies undertaking.
Or maybe he overtook one, 'weaved' back into the left lane, and then 'weaved' out to overtake another. Maybe he undertook another car, but was it one or many? He could have been dodging left and right through the traffic, or just undertaking one car that wouldn't move out of the overtaking lane. We don't know, but despite not knowing it seems people are outraged and embarrassed.
Tailgating was also mentioned, which is illegal.
Gosh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently, you know a little bit more....

Got there in the end.
Do you know what perhaps means? As I said, all I know is that he was speeding. Perhaps there was more, but you can't tell from the report.

It seems that most people here have never broken the speed limits, which is very impressive. The downside is that they think a bit of speed is frightening and everything goes blurry.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
To be fair, I have read through a few different sources. Some say Mooy is on 55k a week, others are saying 25k a week and obviously some saying 10k a week. So I'll accept it's probably incorrect the 10k a week wage cap I've stated plus the source I quoted my apologies, but one thing that is definitely fact is the 10k a week wage cap they had coming into the Prem. Weren't their season tickets last season just £100? What are they charging this season?

Sounds like a good club to me.

They are a good club yes and I admire how they got themselves promoted.

I have to be cynical again though regarding their ST prices, it's all about supply and demand. Obviously they are going with the angle of 'reducing ticket prices for the fans because they are being ripped off blabla' when in reality they just wanted to fill their stadium in the PL. A proper sign of solidarity to fans would be to reduce ticket prices on that basis alone and for no other reason, I would love for us to do that. They gained around 10-12k fans after promotion, which seems to be the going average for any promoted side with room to spare - which makes the jibes from fans of other clubs against us "gaining a load of fans" paradoxical to say the least.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I was only relaying information that you appeared not to be aware of (despite it being in the article on the very first post), since you said all you knew so far was that he was doing 110 in a 70 zone. Tailgating is, you know, dangerous, especially at higher speeds, which is why it's illegal. No need to be sarcastic. :lol:

Tailgating's also illegal in Germany, so he would have been done there for 'driving like that' too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was only relaying information that you appeared not to be aware of (despite it being in the article on the very first post), since you said all you knew so far was that he was doing 110 in a 70 zone. Tailgating is, you know, dangerous, especially at higher speeds, which is why it's illegal.
Tailgating just means to drive to close to the vehicle in front. You could be a little too close, or right up someone's arse. Also it doesn't say that he was tailgating at speed, it may have been that he was close to someone when they were going slower. Again am I the only one who's ever driven a bit too close to the car in front? I think I may have even flashed the odd driver to remind them that there's more than one lane.

Tailgating's also illegal in Germany, so he would have been done there for 'driving like that' too.
There's no evidence to suggest he'd have been done there too, because they might not have thought he was driving too close. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, we really don't know much about it.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Tailgating just means to drive to* close to the vehicle in front.

Tailgating does mean that, and whether you are driving too close to the person in front of you is dependent on your ability to stop without crashing into them should they suddenly stop, and so it also involves speed.

*too

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Clearly never seen me driving.

Doing 110 doesn't suddenly mean you're endangering life.

But driving at 110 isn't always bad IMO.

I guess I'm the only one here who's ever been speeding (a confession, not a brag, for those too stupid to tell).

It seems that most people here have never broken the speed limits, which is very impressive. The downside is that they think a bit of speed is frightening and everything goes blurry.

Again am I the only one who's ever driven a bit too close to the car in front? I think I may have even flashed the odd driver to remind them that there's more than one lane.

You sound like a total dog-shite driver.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here