Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the promotion parade?

Will you go ot the promotion parade?

• Damn right I will!

Votes: 213 43.2%
  • No - I'm all celebrated out and it's gone a bit flat now.

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • No - awkward timing (with kids etc)

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • No - all celebrated out AND awkward timing

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 79 16.0%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 59 12.0%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you sure it's not just two open top buses? That's how I read it. What would be the point of two non open top buses and who would be in them or even want to be in them?

I get emails from Brighton and Hove buses, and they've said it. I should imagine the councillors will be in the enclosed buses. I've forwarded the email to you to read.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I'm going because I'd rather end the season on a high with a celebration rather than the low of Villa Park.

And also, as mentioned on another thread, it's an 'I was there' occasion. These kind of days don't come around too often - the next time could be years away. Are the rest of you really going to stay at home watching the telly or doing the gardening?

I'm going,But it's so far away from an "I was there moment" it's untrue. Unless you brag about what games/events you attend ?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
It is a silly time of day for it, it if it could be brought forward to say 2pm at Hove there would be thousands more, still undecided.

I suspect they've gone for that time because most of the day trippers will have gone by then so less crowd carnage around the pier.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm going,But it's so far away from an "I was there moment" it's untrue. Unless you brag about what games/events you attend ?

I was actually quoting from another thread called 'I was there'. It's nothing about bragging, just about looking back at the pictures in years to come remembering the day (or alternatively feeling disappointed that you hadn't bothered).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Probably going to go to the cricket in Eastbourne but if that's crap I might double back and catch the parade.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Exactly. What else is there to do on a Sunday evening, Countryfile ? We're so lucky here to have a fabulous town and seafront to enjoy, when you consider the majority of concrete suburban griefholes most of the country is made up of. And on Sunday, our Premier League team will be gracing it. So don the stripes one more time before the summer, get yourself down to the Lawns on a spring evening for some fresh sea air, and some beerage, celebrate with fellow fans, and toast the greatest BHAFC team in a generation.

(I'm not going if its raining though)

now you put it like that .... weather's looking good too :clap:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have come out of a self imposed 3 month exile(three days in) to post :ohmy:
[MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] & I will be there - pissed as newts :drink:
If necessary we will take the next day off.
These days only come around a few times in a lifetime.
Too many on this board, who during the season are like flies on shit posting how good a fan they are - now making excuses not to go :moo:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I have come out of a self imposed 3 month exile(three days in) to post :ohmy:
[MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] & I will be there - pissed as newts :drink:
If necessary we will take the next day off.
These days only come around a few times in a lifetime.
Too many on this board, who during the season are like flies on shit posting how good a fan they are - now making excuses not to go :moo:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :smokin:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And so, very sadly, that is what our "community club" has become.

Barber's rules and regulations by the bucketload. Bad enough at the games, but on Hove lawns on a Sunday afternoon? WTF? .

Its a COUNCIL event, not a club one.

WTF? What's the bag searches all about? .

Seriously? Do you live in a cave?

Why the limitation on the ales?

Ask the council. I guess they want to avoid anything too out of control. Not that there would be anyway, but there you go

Why no bottles? A luzzed full can of beer going to do just as much damage as a luzzed bottle.

Why would there be any 'luzzing'? I'd imagine they just don't want to start the summer tourist season, with Hove Lawns covered in broken glass.

What's with the Councillors getting a bus? Remember the council only recently rejected the planning for the hotel! Bin off the Councillors

The council supported the application for the hotel. They wanted the Cancer unit and the tax income. The refusal is down to a couple of knobs on a planning committee. As for the parade - they're seemingly in a closed bus, following the presentation party. Who cares?

replace them with reps from AITC teams and those whose efforts kept the club going during the dark times so TB had a club to buy!

Would have no problems with that at all, but you'd need 20 buses if everyone 'deserving' was included.

Apart from all that, some great points there :thumbsup:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'll be 20 metres from the stage. My beach hut will have a 6 metre clearance zone in front of it to keep out riff raff. Access only on production of keys. Will have a few bottles of wine in the hut. Only downside is that they are putting up banners and screening to prevent anyone on the prom from seeing anything. Alright for [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] but not me......

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Sadly no. Sussex playing at Eastbourne again for the first time in years. Booked ticket ages ago. Disappointed that they clash..

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This may well be a Council event, but that doesn't mean councillors have to ride on the buses. Its not a frigging by-law, surely?

Are they really so puffed up with their own sense of self-importance and lacking in any basic awareness that they have completely missed the fact that their presence is and will be regarded as pathetic?

Gracious of them to permit the parade but utterly narcissistic to want to climb aboard and wave at the crowds. Do they realise it is the Club's day - not lickspittle little local politicians and bureaucrats? Honestly, I would be embarrassed to be on one of those buses unless I was either the driver or directly employed by club.

Shameless, but hardly surprising I guess.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'd love to be there, but I'm working until 9pm.

Might see if I can pop down after for a few beers in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Going going going! Forecast is looking good and only bit of Albion related activity for the next two months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here