Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have messed up

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bournemouth have had a great start to the season but I don't think it will last.

Think this game emphasises how weak the championship is this season

I agree, they've had a good start.
As for this game, they've only got one round further than us in the League Cup.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Had they spent that much in the previous season then? I can only think of Rantie that cost a few bob?

They were well over the limit when they got promoted from League 1 but the 2012/2013 figures weren't punishable. Rantie signed for an undisclosed fee which was reckoned to be £2.5M.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
We should never have let Gus go. They didn't realise what they had. Pure gold dust.

Poyet and Howe do have many similarities - charismatic leadership of the players, the ability to extract that little bit extra performance from individuals. However, Howe had his fingers burnt a little when he tried to move on, which has perhaps tempered his ambition somewhat, and made him a little more content to commit to Bournemouth. He is a good example of where manager and club are a good fit, and the team's progression pretty much takes the form of the manager's vision.

Poyet and Brighton reached a certain point of perfect symmetry, perhaps reaching its apex in the first season of promotion to the Championship. However, his burning ambition and subsequent questionable actions regarding his own and certain players' futures, budgets etc whilst still at the club served as a reminder of the double edged sword of having a 'visionary' managerial leader, and the perils of handing one individual too much of a free reign.

The apparently directionless trajectory of the playing side of things would suggest that Bloom has erred somewhat too far I the side of caution, and his rule by committee does not only seem to have confused those at his disposal, but also clouded and diluted the issue of accountability for failings.

It would seem to me, as a concerned yet neutral observer, that the key to Brighton turning the situation around lies in finding the correct balance between the polaric styles of team leadership described in the preceding paragraphs of this post.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Poyet and Howe do have many similarities - charismatic leadership of the players, the ability to extract that little bit extra performance from individuals. However, Howe had his fingers burnt a little when he tried to move on, which has perhaps tempered his ambition somewhat, and made him a little more content to commit to Bournemouth. He is a good example of where manager and club are a good fit, and the team's progression pretty much takes the form of the manager's vision.

Poyet and Brighton reached a certain point of perfect symmetry, perhaps reaching its apex in the first season of promotion to the Championship. However, his burning ambition and subsequent questionable actions regarding his own and certain players' futures, budgets etc whilst still at the club served as a reminder of the double edged sword of having a 'visionary' managerial leader, and the perils of handing one individual too much of a free reign.

The apparently directionless trajectory of the playing side of things would suggest that Bloom has erred somewhat too far I the side of caution, and his rule by committee does not only seem to have confused those at his disposal, but also clouded and diluted the issue of accountability for failings.

It would seem to me, as a concerned yet neutral observer, that the key to Brighton turning the situation around lies in finding the correct balance between the polaric styles of team leadership described in the preceding paragraphs of this post.

He may support Palarse but I couldn't agree more, we also have a committee of 'yes' men.

Anyway, 1 - 3 Howe out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here