Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Down to 1 point now then....interesting that they have been 3 ahead since this one when others have said 1 or level. Their polling is all done online does this pick up all age groups satisfactorily or why else do they favour Red over Blue more than all the others?

Damn, I've been rumbled.

I'll try and get it back up to a 3 point gap next week.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This could be a rogue poll , a 3% drop for Tory support appears to have been mopped up by the LibDems :lolol:

Indeed, A 25% rise in LD vote ludicrous
I am unconvinced that a telephone poll gives a representative sample, less unemployment in southern Tory voting areas so less time to chat on the phone or more interested in giving opinion??
Are ex directory numbers evenly spread across country?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's not rogue. It's all to do with the critique that at long last has been made of the Tories' plans to reduce the state to 1930s levels. That decade was known as the 'devil's decade' for a reason.

Yeah right , the LD on 14% whereas all the other recent polls have them neck and neck with the Greens on 7% - 8% :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Indeed, A 25% rise in LD vote ludicrous
I am unconvinced that a telephone poll gives a representative sample, less unemployment in southern Tory voting areas so less time to chat on the phone or more interested in giving opinion??
Are ex directory numbers evenly spread across country?

I keep an eye on the rolling averages as the opinion poll data is gathered differently by the polling organisations , phone or online and then applying a methodology (demographics , age , gender etc) to arrive at a weighted average. There is also a margin of error of plus or minus 3% although this in most instances is only 1% either way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's a big Labour majority but I'm still hoping for the Labour-SNP dream ticket

how would this be a dream ticket? wouldnt it be just the same as the last Labour government, only with fractuous, devisive infighting. it would be of some entertainment value.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yeah right , the LD on 14% whereas all the other recent polls have them neck and neck with the Greens on 7% - 8% :lol:

In case it escaped your attention, I was referring to the Tories -- and their ideological plan to shrink the state back to 1930s levels -- rather than the Lib Dems. I hope the Lib Dems don't reap the rewards of people deserting the Tories, but it'll be interesting to see where support goes. I was trying to point out that the critique -- made by Lib Dems, Labour, the Greens and others -- of the Tories plan to shrink the state was having an effect. I suspect that it will continue to. We'll find out if this feeling is correct.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In case it escaped your attention, I was referring to the Tories -- and their ideological plan to shrink the state back to 1930s levels -- rather than the Lib Dems. I hope the Lib Dems don't reap the rewards of people deserting the Tories, but it'll be interesting to see where support goes. I was trying to point out that the critique -- made by Lib Dems, Labour, the Greens and others -- of the Tories plan to shrink the state was having an effect. I suspect that it will continue to. We'll find out if this feeling is correct.

Chill bro , the Tories are on the slide.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's not rogue. It's all to do with the critique that at long last has been made of the Tories' plans to reduce the state to 1930s levels.

buying into the 1930's myth. the size of the state at current spending projection will be that of about 2002. its coming from a measurment as % GDP, however in real terms its about 3 times more than the 1930's and GDP per capita has risen similar amount. fact is in 1930's there wasnt a welfare state to speak of and we are spending £380bn on pensions, healthcare and welfare this year, so the comparison is laughable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So, over 4 months after I started this thread Labour are still holding onto a commanding lead. Roll on May.

Well YouGov only gives them a 1% lead - Con 33%, Lab 34%, LD 6%, UKIP 16% - so I wouldn't go getting too cocky yet if I were you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well YouGov only gives them a 1% lead - Con 33%, Lab 34%, LD 6%, UKIP 16% - so I wouldn't go getting too cocky yet if I were you.

You don't believe that YouGov poll do you?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It will be a carve up and hopefully Farage will have some sort of say in what happens in the event of a hung parliament.......it will be the ONLY time he has any say mind you, If the foaming at the mouth Kippers get any sort of control we will be royally going to hell in a handcart.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You don't believe that YouGov poll do you?

YouGov tends to match most the other main polls more or less most of the time. As has already been pointed out, I'd trust it more than a Guardian poll that adds three points to the Lib Dems - that immediately raises questions over accuracy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here