Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Germany warns Uefa may quit Fifa if World Cup report not published"

Break away and form WIFA (World International Football Association) and relocate HQ to London or Berlin. Make offer to UEFA to join and then ask other association s to disband, form new independent regional organisations and then apply for selection to WIFA along with a full policy statement on transparency and their stance on anti-corruption measures.

Dead easy really?

TNBA

TTF

They'd need the African and Asian nations on board, especially China. Get them on onside and a breakaway may work. Without them there is no hope of it working. And Blatter has corrupted most African and Asian FA's that they can't afford to walk away, he has too much on them and iof he revealed all the bribes they'd asked for and taken they would all be destroyed.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Time more sponsors pulled out, Blatter doesn't care, by the time we get to the bottom of it he'll be in a nursing home
I think its probably more serious than that, I actually suspect that there is such a vigorous resistance to transparency, because those at the top in Fifa are in serious jeopardy of occupying a prison cell.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
They'd need the African and Asian nations on board, especially China. Get them on onside and a breakaway may work. Without them there is no hope of it working. And Blatter has corrupted most African and Asian FA's that they can't afford to walk away, he has too much on them and iof he revealed all the bribes they'd asked for and taken they would all be destroyed.

Fine, f*** 'em. A competition of the breakaway nations only would be more interesting & (hopefully, Uefa aren't exactly squeaky clean) less corrupt.
& a World Cup of just African/Asian nations & China is pretty meaningless

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

No they don't. The breakaway will work fine if EUFA, Australia and the USA join. Brazil are mercenaries and have already had their world cup so will go with the money and join the breakaway. Blatter may have Africa and Asia but worldwide audiences won't want to watch Malaysia v Gabon.

FIFA is interested in money - so are the African and Asian nations. That comes from sponsors and there will be an exodus of sponsors if EUFA pull away with one or two big countries elsewhere.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Strangely we can look to darts for a parallel. The PDC and the BDO have had twin world championships existing for two decades. They both continue to run and everybody really knows which one has the superior contenders (PDC). In a sport awash with cash as football it really would be possible for a new organisation to make a go of it.

Bring on WIFA!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Strangely we can look to darts for a parallel. The PDC and the BDO have had twin world championships existing for two decades.

... or chess, which for 13 years ran two world championships in parallel - the FIDE one and the PCA one

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Garcia has now resigned in protest at the handling of his findings

Seems there is someone in the organisation with some principles.

Yes, I think he has been done like a kipper by FIFA

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh....it gets much better than that:

"...Garcia also revealed that the FIFA executive committee led by President Sepp Blatter tried to have disciplinary proceedings opened against him in September. The attempt was rejected by the chairman of FIFA's disciplinary panel."

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2014/12/17/world/ap-soc-fifa-garcia-resigns.html?_r=0

Un-effing-believable. Blatter tried to have his own prosecution lawyer prosecuted. Oh my, you've just got to take your hat off to Blatter. I think he pisses over even Berlusconi in bare-faced cheek.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Garcia has now resigned in protest at the handling of his findings

Seems there is someone in the organisation with some principles.

Next headlines will be that FIFA have decided the whole report doesn't need to published in full and what has been disclosed thus far is entirely sufficient.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
They've got to surely? Some of these most recent stories about Blatter and FIFA really makes me wonder if he's panicking that the game is finally up.

Fifa have no creditability left, I assume the new man for the job is going to be a simple yes man

Oct 25, 2003
if germany quit then so would the other european big dogs...the likes of usa, japan and australia would no doubt follow...once that happens it would create a snowball effect whereby all the main sponsors would follow as thats where the money would be...it wouldn't take a long time to topple sepp's throne in my view

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I wonder, as the report has no legal remit (thats why FIFA refused to review the summary) he could talk about its contents?

It would be a real shame if he just happened to ACCIDENTALLY leave a copy on a train or in a taxi.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here