Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:lolol:

Same bloke that knew all about the Southampton game from watching a stream :facepalm:

Unbelievable innit. "How DARE you not go to the Palace cup game etc etc" he says, sitting there at his keyboard about 7,000 miles from the Amex, wagging his finger at the non-attendees.

The bolded bit is the thing that irritates me a bit. We're in the North. I've not done it for a big match before, the atmosphere will be good and my son's looking forward to it so no big deal. However, my view will be much worse than an impulse buyer who waited and, most importantly, our normal big group is split all over the place and there are just four of us. It won't be quite right. Worse things happen at sea, in fact, worse things have probably happened at my local Tesco's but the bottom line is there wouldn't be a 120-something page thread on here and loads more Twitter posts if the club had got it right. They didn't.

Exactly.
Nobodies died, and it'll still be a cracking day (hopefully). But that doesn't mean all the upper tier STH's have to be DELIGHTED and GRATEFUL at being shunted elsewhere, to areas they wouldn't normally choose to sit. Apparently that's us being "entitled" though. :rolleyes:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Blimey. Happy clappers get so defensive. Just because some of us don't agree with everything the club does. We will still be cheering the team on tomorrow.
But answer this, if the club didn't get this wrong why did we only see advertising on social media the moment the west stand upper opened? Why didn't the promotions start earlier?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Unbelievable innit. "How DARE you not go to the Palace cup game etc etc" he says, sitting there at his keyboard about 7,000 miles from the Amex, wagging his finger at the non-attendees.

Exactly.
Nobodies died, and it'll still be a cracking day (hopefully). But that doesn't mean all the upper tier STH's have to be DELIGHTED and GRATEFUL at being shunted elsewhere, to areas they wouldn't normally choose to sit. Apparently that's us being "entitled" though. :rolleyes:

Some people can not stand the club being criticised which is but how they can say the club got it right when so many people (customers) are pissed off is beyond me?!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some people can not stand the club being criticised which is but how they can say the club got it right when so many people (customers) are pissed off is beyond me?!

The club get most things right, and it would be an exaggeration for me to describe myself as "pissed off" over this. They got this wrong though, and I'd describe myself as being...a bit disgruntled.

Anyway, none of this really matters I suppose, in the great scheme of things. 1st world problems and all that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
133 pages of utter drivel. Mods can we delete this thread ?

67, if you've got your settings calibrated properly.

Anyway, nobodies FORCING you on here are they. If you're not interested in it then just mind yer beeswax.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone who KNEW that the upper tiers would get released and yet still bought a lower tier ticket and are now in any way grumpy about that fact might want to have a word with themselves about their ticket buying behaviour.

I agree with Bozza's point about limited/no late choice for people with mobility issues though.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Ut. Apparently that's us being "entitled" though. :rolleyes:

Actually that's exactly what it is. Where does it say on your season ticket conditions that you will have the opportunity to sit in the same seat for cup games? Our ST give us access to the seat for league games only. This "its my seat and i will only sit there and woe betide the club if i cant " attitude baffles me. As has been said loads of times on this thread, the club specifically said they would open the lower tiers first, and then if warranted they would open further areas as necessary. This is exactly what the club have done. This thread hasn't "forced" the club to open anything, its not a "victory" , its just exactly what the club said it would do when the ticketing details were first announced. It has , however, been bloody good reading and given lots of us a lot of amusement seeing how wound up some people have been getting over basically nothing

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually that's exactly what it is. Where does it say on your season ticket conditions that you will have the opportunity to sit in the same seat for cup games? Our ST give us access to the seat for league games only. This "its my seat and i will only sit there and woe betide the club if i cant " attitude baffles me. As has been said loads of times on this thread, the club specifically said they would open the lower tiers first, and then if warranted they would open further areas as necessary. This is exactly what the club have done. This thread hasn't "forced" the club to open anything, its not a "victory" , its just exactly what the club said it would do when the ticketing details were first announced. It has , however, been bloody good reading and given lots of us a lot of amusement seeing how wound up some people have been getting over basically nothing

Blah blah. There's always some herbert who comes along to read out the official Terms and Conditions. Yes the club were quite within their rights to scupper sales of the upper tiers till much later on, I'm well aware of that. No rules have been broken. But it still doesn't mean that they were RIGHT to.

Anyway, I'm bored of the whole subject now. For some the club can do no wrong, that's clear. It'll all be water under the bridge this time tomorrow and hopefully we'll be looking forward to an FA Cup QF. And another ticketing BINFEST on here when they start selling it block by block from the bottom up again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here