Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Brom there for the taking -

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Which puts us nicely in the relegation zone, thanks Richard....

Well, my carpetty friend, believe or not, it's not actually me the decides who is where in the league, otherwise we'd be in Europe. I'm just observing my opinion of the relative teams - we have played very well at times, v.proud of them, but I've always felt we'd go down and probably still do .... hope not though, obviously.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A point would be a good result. West Brom will be saying Brighton are the sort of team we have to be beating and they are right.

West Brom at their home are not 'there for the taking' by Brighton.

Exactly. Tough game and would take a point if offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
The pressure is on WBA, so they might throw a few more offensive players forward leaving some gaps at the back! Comfortably away win for me.:bhasign:

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Oh for 1976-77 again, one of the best away trips ever in a sparkling 2-0 win. Mind you 2 goals in the last 8 minutes in the first season in the first was ok.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of two things will happen:

1. 0-0.
2. Murray will do the business.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's the same thing you numpty

No, no it really isn't. You 'numpty'.

Should be winning, is for teams like Man City. Man City really SHOULD be winning against Watford, or Swansea.

We have to win some games, and this is as good a chance as any, but to suggest we SHOULD be winning it, is a touch arrogant, or delusional.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No, no it really isn't. You 'numpty'.

Should be winning, is for teams like Man City. Man City really SHOULD be winning against Watford, or Swansea.

We have to win some games, and this is as good a chance as any, but to suggest we SHOULD be winning it, is a touch arrogant, or delusional.
ea911d37a84daa908cd3cba3d7cf10ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It isn't is it by any stretch

Imagine this statement
Greece can win the European cup vs Greece should win the European cup
or
I can win the lottery vs I should win the lottery

so err, its no the same thing
Alright Mr pedantic

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Nailed on one nil to us. 91st minute overhead kick from Jose, bounces off the back of Duffy's head and in off Murrays left bollock. Ti's The Albion way.
:albion2:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just had a quick look on their message board and found this, is it true ?

"During their last visit to the top flight in the 80s, when I was living there, they had a short lived fanzine called "The Other Albion", so I think they know their place. I also think that technically they are supposed to be called "AFC", not "FC" because the rugby club at Brighton is one of the oldest in the world and had already claimed the name "The Brighton Football Club". Amazing what you can find out hanging around in pubs."

and this lovely little one.

"I can feel an irrational dislike of Brighton building due to the fact they've named themselves Albion.

Brighton itself is lovely really and I wish them well - everyone knows there is only The Albion.

Optimistically I'm plumping for a win here, absolutely no idea why. Law of averages maybe."

and finally this exchange

"I had my first proper look at Brighton this season against Palace in the cup, and I hope nobody is under-estimating them. Their build-up play was impressive and passing very accurate. They look to have several players clinical in front of goal (wish I could say the same about our strikers!).

I don't think anyone is under-estimating them after they beat us away so convincingly and it won't be easy.
Having said this, they aren't great away from home and I think Chris Hughton is similar to Steve Bruce in terms of management (he is great in the Championship but has a ceiling of about 13th in the Premier League) - which means he is beatable. They beat us last time due to Pulis being overly negative, whereas now we are more like the opposite under Pardew.

Anyway, as has been said - a draw doesn't really do much. We need to win and drag Brighton into it - if we don't win here how are we meant to stay up

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Nailed on one nil to us. 91st minute overhead kick from Jose, bounces off the back of Duffy's head and in off Murrays left bollock. Ti's The Albion way.
:albion2:

I'm gonna see if Ladbrokes takes that bet for a laugh....

It's always fun making them call up their mission control because a bet you ask for isnt on the computer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here