Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing someone being carried off on a stretcher.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Disgraceful yes, but wasn't a section of out own supporers doing that when Glenn Murray suffered that serious injury in the Play-Off Semi-Final first leg?

Feb 14, 2010
Let's stop being the victim, and just win or kick them off the park. Stop moaning. He got carried off and those nasty men from Derby booed him. Well lets not care and kick em back, and harder than they kick us.

Dec 29, 2011
Disgraceful yes, but wasn't a section of out own supporers doing that when Glenn Murray suffered that serious injury in the Play-Off Semi-Final first leg?

Both stupid, but not equal. Murray went to our bitter rivals on a free and then scored against us twice. March is an insignificant young player trying to make his name in the game we all love. I don't agree on booing either, but I don't think it's the same.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Both stupid, but not equal. Murray went to our bitter rivals on a free and then scored against us twice. March is an insignificant young player trying to make his name in the game we all love. I don't agree on booing either, but I don't think it's the same.

I'm afraid I think it is EXACTLY the same. The booing of Murray took the edge off a brilliant night out in SE London. I was ashamed.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
They started booing when he went down earlier in the half with an injury- I guess they thought he was faking it to waste time

That probably because they are a filthy team and don't recognise anything which is anywhere near reasonable !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I recall being next to someone who was stood up giving absolute vein-bulging DOGS abuse to an opposition player at Withdean once, as he went down and received treatment on the pitch.

He went off eventually. With what turned out to be a broken leg :lolol:

Who was that again [MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION] ?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

That's an urban myth. Murray went down in the box with no one near him and a few booed thinking he was trying to win a penalty. When it became obvious he was badly injured there was no booing was there? Certainly not when he was on a stretcher.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Also thick ****s. It's pretty obvious when a player is properly injured, and to boo a player at that point is off-the-scale thick.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That's an urban myth. Murray went down in the box with no one near him and a few booed thinking he was trying to win a penalty. When it became obvious he was badly injured there was no booing was there? Certainly not when he was on a stretcher.
Correct.

Stumpy Tim

Why's that funny?

I'd not clap an opposition player on a stretcher, I'd give him a dignified silence. And I sure as hell wouldn't boo.
Why wouldn't you clap an opposition player being stretchered off? When players are forced off I always clap. After all, football is entertainment and without both teams giving it a go we would not have the game we love. Injured players deserve a clap

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here